When you call, mention priority code 1726-J0FM

Rating and Reviews: AKG C1000S Microphone

Live or in the studio, AKG's rugged, versatile C1000S small-diaphragm condenser runs on phantom power or its internal 9-volt battery.

"Two for the price of one! Go for it!" submitted April 2, 2006

By RappinKim
Overall
Sound: I like it. Very good sound, especially if you are using them as overheads for drums, or for the hi-hats. In addition, they are very versatile with using for a choir and piano. I have used them in all applications for worship in my church. They are also a more fuller sounding microphone for our female singers because they lack the low mid range in their voices. Feature: Very versatile. Comes with a little cap to change the pick up pattern of the microphone to a hypercardoid. In addition, if you have a mixer with no phantom power, this would be a good microphone, because a 9 volt compartment within the capsule of the microphone is available as an alternate to phantom power. And the battery lasts up to 220 hrs! Ease of Use: Do not use too many of these in a live application. Though it sounds great, do remember that condenser microphones can reduce the amount of headroom on your board. Value: For its price, it is very affordable. I rate this with the shure beta 81 microphone. The price for one beta 81, you can get two akg c1000s Manufacturer Support: No problems with this mic. I can use two more The Wow Factor: planning to get more!

"A Must-Have Microphone for Low $$$" submitted June 12, 2005

Musical Background: Active musician, worship leader, project studio owner
Music Style: Pop, Praise and worship, Choirs, acoustic
Sound: A real Swiss army knife for anyone's project studio, live sound recording, etc. I own two so I can do X-Y, ORTF and coincident stereo set-up's. Buy a stereo bar for $16 and you'll get great results on drum overheads, choirs, etc. A very versatile small-diaphragm microphone with a smooth response. Feature: The ability to pop a 9-volt in is very handy for live vocal situations or when using mixers with too few phantom powered inputs. The hypercardioid adaptor actually works pretty well. I have never used the presence adaptor. Quality: I love the quality of this mike. It's a keeper. The finish is beautiful. Value: Got two for $150 each way before the "two for $299" special. Big bang for the buck. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it - it's AKG. The Wow Factor: This is a classic mic that I enjoy owning. I think having two for stereo situations is a lot of coolness factor for $300. With excellent sound quality a given, people really react well to the look of these mic's.

"Banjo Picker discovers true sound." submitted July 12, 2011

By a customer from lemoorenet.com
Music Style: Blugrass
Sound: I play 5 string banjo which is difficult, at best, to mike. The CS 1000 mike does a great job in all cases. am very pleased with it, Feature: mike holder Ease of Use: very easy to use. very compatable to my other systems Quality: very well made Value: It is definately worth the price, Manufacturer Support: Have not had any difficulties The Wow Factor: Now that I have used it, I wouldn't want to do a gig without it. Overall: If it were lost or stolen, I would replace it immediately,

"Best vocal mic ever." submitted May 21, 2006

By a customer from juno.com
Musical Background: Engineer, recording artist, songwriter, 30 years
Music Style: rock, alternative
Sound: I've been using two c1000s for a few years now- I like them better for vocals than many of the very expensive mics I've used in many studios, including the shure 414 and neumann u87, and many more costly vintage tube mics. After hearing such great reviews of the studio projects C1, I got one, also an MXL 909. The Studio Projects C1 has me scratching my head- I had high hopes- but after excitedly recording a bunch of vocal tracks with it, I couldn't escape that it had a cardboardy/tinny sound- one that I couldn't really mix out, either... I even liked the cheap MXL better- so out of curiosity I a/b'd all three, and I swear the AKG C1000 blew the other two away, hands down- really no comparison for sweetness of tone- it really has a smoother, denser sound and a very smooth and musical response in the critical frequency ranges. I wanted to like the SP mic so bad, it's such a looker- but I'm very disappointed in it and wonder what all these engineers were talking about. I use a studio projects vtb-1 for tube pre (love it!) and an Art pro VLA comp, and the C1000 beautifully portrays pretty much anything I can throw at it. Feature: This mic sounds best without the little gadgets for eq or pattern; they work, and the hyper cardioid one isolates great, but it creates a slightly megaphone-sounding peak you have to eq out. Isolation is way better than the large diaphram condensers, and is acceptible even without the attachment. The switch is annoying to turn on or off, but you never accidentally do so, to the designer's credit. The windscreen makes the pops go away quite well- and is necessary for live.. Ease of Use: The closest, most acceptible EQ for voice, male or female- not much eq required- the treble is prominent (in a good way) and I still add some (3.5- 15 Hz), it's easier to make this mic sound great than any other. Quality: The screen on one of mine wasn't perfect, I had to push a sharp edge in on it, but otherwise quality seems fantastic. I don't worry about dropping them, and after being left out a lot for years they still sound exactly the same as when I got them. Value: Cheap price for what it is- I'm lucky I can afford 2 of my favorite mics! Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: I took off the red stripes, they seemed so 'high school band gear'-looking. Not a great-looking mic, but not bad with the windscreen. Overall: I would buy these again and again. I'll never be without one- my favorite vocal mic, period, any price range. Shines on acoustic too, and as stereo pair for overheads. When I bought them I thought I might be making a mistake- many reviewers hated them, after all- but this mic has such beautiful and usable character- sonic detail means nothing without character, and this mic actually has both. Sits in the mix like a dream. If I could only use one mic for a project, this would be it!
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Money Well Spent..." submitted July 7, 2007

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Music Style: Folk/Blues/Ragtime (Acoustic Guitar Player)
Sound: For my voice I'm very pleased with it, though I mostly use it now on my acoustic guitars, and rarely use it for my voice anymore. The only reason I didn't give a 10 is because I think the bass is usually excessive and I sometimes have to spend a few minutes EQing the bass to a reasonable level, etc. Feature: Has an on/off switch that can't be operated accidentally. I like that. Has the ability to narrow the patter (which is how I use it all the time). Too early to tell what is missing. I'm not primarily a vocalist so I'm not sure what else it should have. It seems to offer what I need. Ease of Use: I wish every piece of musical equipment was as easy to use as this microphone. Quality: It appears to be very well made. I like the color. I get bored with the black microphones that are everywhere. So far it has held up well, though I'm not rough with it by any means. I treat it as though it cost me a couple of grand, etc. Value: If the bass was a little less overbearing I would have given it a 10. I'd say it was good value for money. It seems to do what I bought it to do. Sounds great. Have had only compliments on the sound of my guitars when using this microphone. Manufacturer Support: No idea. Never had to deal with AKG support. The Wow Factor: I like the color. I like the 'look' of it. But what's more important is that it does what it's supposed to do...and it does. So I'm happy. Overall: I'm always intereseted in seeing how I can improve the quality of my sound. So, since there are better quality microphones out there, I'm sure I'll be looking at one or two of them eventually. Otherwise I expect to be happy with this microphone for as long as I own it. Even if I find something better this one will still find use.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great stereo acoustic miking!" submitted June 3, 2006

Musical Background: Amateur Producer
Music Style: Pop/Rock
Sound: The sound is great for Acoustic Guitar. I was very impressed with the detail. For my vocals however, it seems like there is too much high end. Not as warm as other mics I've used. Feature: I like the case that it comes in. Other than that, its pretty straigh forward. Ease of Use: Doesn't get much easier. Just plug it in and turn it on. Quality: Seems very solid. Its heavier than it looks. Would probably be fine if you dropped it a bunch of times. Value: For the price, the quality of acoustic sound is good. I don't have enough mics to compare it too though. Manufacturer Support: Since I haven't needed any help yet, I'll give them the benefit of a doubt. The Wow Factor: I dont think its ugly. Its a microphone. I does what its supposed to. Overall: For now, I use a pair to mic acoustic guitar and I'll be using that for the forseeable future. I'm already looking into a new vocal mic though because I wasn't satisfied with those results.

"A great microphone for Acoustic musicians well worth considering!!" submitted October 23, 2003

Music Style: Folk, Traditional, Old Time
Sound: Not high in output, but very balanced and warm with noticeably less proximity effect then many other condenser microphones. Feature: The microphone comes with 2 capsule adapters, windscreen, clip, and unpadded zippered bag. A foam padded case for this microphone would have been a big plus without adding much to the price. Quality: The microphone is actually very large for a pencil style condenser and appears to be a very sturdy microphone. I haven't had the misfortune to put it through the drop test yet. Value: There are cheaper microphones being made in China that sound good. But the high quality, smoothness, and versatility of AKG C1000 makes this microphone an outstanding value. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any support yet. The Wow Factor: A great sounding microphone, but falls short in looks. Offering this microphone in black would make me rate it a 10 instead of 8. Overall: This microphone really shines for people like myself who need a dual use microphone for an acoustic instrument microphone and/or a vocal microphone for live sound reinforcement and project recording.

"Good for the price and very usefull" submitted December 8, 2003

Music Style: Pop , Dance , Simfonic , Jazz
Sound: It's not a Neuman but it is a very good mic for the price...I used it for male and female vocals , B. Vocals , Violin , Sax Alto , Tenor and especially for sopran sax...and everybody said " woouw ". It's a good Price/Quality product. ( if you add some compressions , and a lot of eq's ) Feature: Lead and Back. Vocals... Violins and Saxophone

"MUST-HAVE FOR RECORDING" submitted December 23, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: "serious" hobbyist?
Music Style: rock, jazz/fusion, metal
Sound: For recording, it works great as an overhead for drums or room mic. Fantastic reproduction for the price. Absolutely unbeatable. I use it strictly for recording, and I plan to buy 2 more. Feature: N/A Quality: The construction is pretty durable, but to change the battery you have to unscrew the body and pull the casing over the top of the mic, exposing the diaphragm to unnecessary stress. That's probably my only criticism of this mic. Value: The special offer on 2 is pretty common, and the value is, indeed, the best. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: ... Overall: Great sound, great price, marvelous response--a muli-functioning staple for any recording session.

"AKG C1000S Great Mic for the Money" submitted October 13, 2012

Overall
Overall: During a session about 10 years ago. I got taken for being naive and purchased a crap Nady mic. Long story short- you get what you pay for. So I purchased the C414 for just under a $1k. 'That's is a great mic and I still have it. Yet later I was asked to record a 'choir' so I purchased two C1000S and this Mic is EXCELLENT. It's great for subtle tones while keeping the backround just that- the backround. It's a great mic for a beginner and a great mic for all around the studio.

"One awesome mike" submitted October 14, 2005

Overall
Sound: Excllent sound Feature: the way you can change the pickuppattern Quality: One sloid make it powerful and strong. Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: no the product works great. The Wow Factor: I use when I need it. Overall: As long a own

"They did the job!" submitted July 24, 2005

By www.jazzobsession.com
Music Style: Mainstream and fusion jazz
Sound: I've used these mikes for live sound for my jazz band on a guitar and a soprano sax, after adding the hypercardoid attachemnt. These were very expressive for each instrument, and sounded great. Feature: The accessory that makes it hypercardoid is essential, as is the wind screen for outside performances. Quality: super all the way around Value: The two pack is an excellent deal. Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with support, but AKG has a very helpful web site. The Wow Factor: Practical addition. I don't care all that much about how something looks, with the exception of my wireless mike, which looks and sounds good. My syandard for mikes is do they sound good in the application? These do Overall: These are very versatile. I can use them on the toms and cymbals as well if I need to.

"sounds very soft, i use it for vocals and guitar.. if you use it properly, you can expect realy good results.." submitted July 17, 2003

Overall
Music Style: r&b, hip-hop, classical..
Sound: this mic sounds very soft! realy nice product! and a price is too good if you look for quality :-)

When you call, mention priority code 1726-J0FM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976