When you call, mention priority code 1608-F884

Rating and Reviews: Akai MPD32 Pad Controller

Built for the industry professional, this controller features 16 full-sized genuine MPC pads with velocity and pressure-sensitive response.

"Akai's MPD 32" submitted March 9, 2009

Overall
Sound: Cannot provide sound rating, as the device is a MIDI controller Feature: Very nice features with plenty of flexibility It would be nice if Akai added a humanistic feel Ease of Use: Very easy to use but the lack of a power switch was a colossal blunder on Akai's part. you'll have to unplug the usb cable from the rear of the unit when it's not in use. Quality: The unit seems very durable. The pads, switches, knobs, and faders are solidly constructed and very responsive Value: It has tremendous value to me. I have several PC based drum programs, including Stylus RMX, Elab Obsession, Spectrasonics samples, Fxpansion's DFD and Guru,and Steinberg's Groove Agent. The controller allows me to maximize my rhythm programs using a single controller. Manufacturer Support: Haven't engaged their support. That's a good thing
29 of 30 people (96.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"MPC For Your PC" submitted April 3, 2008

Music Style: Hip Hop, Electronic, Rock
Overall: After I upgraded to a laptop with Windows Vista, I was on the hunt for a new MIDI controller. I was using an Akai MPD16 but after several failed installs on my Vista laptop, I found out that Akai decided not to make a Vista driver for my antiquated hardware. At first, I was a bit angry that my equipment that I've been using for a long time with Windows XP no longer worked. But then the prospect of getting new gear calmed me down. All I really wanted was a pad controller with MPC style pads and a "note repeat" function. I researched several pad controllers: M-Audio Trigger Fingers, Akai MPD24, and Korg padKONTROL. I also gave Akai's new MIDI keyboard, the MPK49, serious consideration since it has 12 MPC style pads. After much debate, and plenty of time spent watching demos of each product on YouTube, I finally placed a pre-order for an Akai MPD32. It arrived a couple months later and it was plenty worth the wait and money. The first thing I noticed is that the MPD32 is large, much larger than my previous MPD. Its footprint is a bit bigger than my 15.4" laptop. The next thing I noticed is that it's built solid. All of the knobs, faders and pads feel great. These pads are the same pads that are used on the MPC2500. The only criticism I have for the pads would be with the sensors. Akai uses a round sensor under the pad so not all of pad surface is usable, unlike the Korg padKontrol which uses a square sensor for its pads. But this is not a deal breaker for me. The MPD32 comes with presets for many popular music production programs (e.g. Live, Reason, FL Studio, Cubase, etc.) Personally, I use Reason 4.0 and Live 7. The presets for Reason work perfectly. The 8 knobs and faders are easily assignable to manipulate filters and effects within Reason. For me, the MPD32 is perfect. If you're in need of a MIDI controller with MPC pads for your DAW, look no further.
79 of 85 people (92.94%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I love it!" submitted April 16, 2009

Musical Background: Producer
Music Style: Urban
Sound: It's the midi controller, so it doesn't have any sounds. Feature: The only thing I still can't make fully functional is Tap Tempo and Note Repeat syncing with Reason. The one suggested by Akai works fine, but the tempo is not displayed in Reason (it says 0). This is the only reason for 9 for features. Everything else works great, lots of useful features. Ease of Use: I read lots of reviews with people having problems setting up the device and programming different controls. OK, I understand not everyone is technically strong and stuff, but I had no problems at all. Very easy to use, program, set up the way you need it. Quality: It's really early to say, but seems durable. Well build, all the pads, knobs, sliders and buttons seem solid and feel great. Value: Payed 365 CAD for the new one. Great deal. Worth every cent. Manufacturer Support: Never had a need to contact them. The Wow Factor: Esthetically perfect. Great colors, looks really nice and modern. Overall: All in all, great controller. Great features, endless possibilities when it comes to programming it and setting it up. Great integration with Reason so far. Would buy another one, no doubt.

"AKAI MPD 32" submitted January 13, 2009

Musical Background: Music PROducer
Music Style: Southern Rap ( anything that sounds good)
Sound: the ableton lite software that came with the mpd 32 had good drums kits, loops and sounds all which sounded real and professional not cheap and fake Feature: Comes with some on board face effects and features my favorite feature is the pressure sensitive touch pad which trigger with much ease. Ease of Use: this machine is pretty easy to use the only problem i had was getting this thing installed. at first i didnt even know that to do so i called akai and they told me everything about this machine from start to finish now it a breeze to use Quality: this thing is probly the number 5 most important item in my home studio of about 15 items. every time i make music in my studio i use this machine Value: this machine is a very valueable peice of equipment is my home studio Manufacturer Support: akia was good with the tech support that they gave me when is called The Wow Factor: i think that this thing look good it has good looks and feels mine is jet black Overall: overall this is a good machine for any kind of studio that is dealing with drums or melodies there is so many things that i can do with this machine when im in my studio

"DON'T BUY it if you are not experienced with such devices because no body will support you at all and the company will IGNOR you" submitted May 17, 2010

Overall
Sound: not producing any sound when I connected to the computer Feature: when there is no sound how could I know Ease of Use: difficult to produce sound, actually no sound its mute Quality: dont know still Value: if I can make de ja vu I will not but even for 20$ Manufacturer Support: Nooooooo Support because when I contact the company about problems that I have, they ignored me many times, they even don't give me any answer, I needed their help but they are still sleeping and don't want to wake up for some reasons. The Wow Factor: sorry i will sell it Overall: let me think for another product that might be better and I don't think that other companies are the same with the support thing like this one

When you call, mention priority code 1608-F884. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976