When you call, mention priority code 20L-HXVG

Rating and Reviews: Akai MPC Renaissance

Build beats with genuine MPC pads, and sequence 128 tracks on your Mac or PC, with the MPC Renaissance hardware controller and its fully integrated MPC software.

"Akai MPC Renaissance " submitted January 7, 2014

By Sean Johnson in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: 27 Yr Vet I Play Keys Horns And MPC/Maschine
Music Style: Hip-Hop ,Trap .Dub Step ,RnB ,POP ,Urban
Overall: The Renaissance is Super Hot the work flow is the best and if you use HQ Drums it has a sound like never before it comes with plenty of sounds drums ,samples & VST Instruments And More It's Well Worth the Buy I Love It Oh ! ! ! And The Vintage Mode Is The Truth This Controller Works Just Like The Traditional MPC Stand Alone Units Work Flow Wise And Then Some And With The Power Of Your Computer PC Or MAC It's Really What's Up DJ Sean Legend "The Beat Cannon" Of MTS MUSIC GROUP /Trax-R-Us Soundlab Studios Nashville ,TN

"From a MPC Veteran" submitted May 17, 2013

By Alfred Taylor in Roosevelt, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Hip Hop producer, Emcee, DJ. Been doing it for over 30 years..
Music Style: Hip Hop, R-n-B, mainly
Overall: I have owned every machine from the original Roland 808 to the Maschine. I recieved the Ren yesterday from zzounds (very quick delivery). I have been on it for about 12 hours straight (Took off of work today) and I must say that I am in love all over again. The Maschine made me smile but the work flow made me feel like I was just using a computer. The Sequencer and pads were missing that little spice that creates the difference between a good cook and a master chef. The Ren has rekindled my love for beat making as the Serato did my love for DJing. Even though the maschine is a great thing, I still felt the need to keep my mpc 2000xl because the work flow just made producing fun. It forced you to be creative. The Ren takes computer beat making and traditional outerboard production and fuses it together. The sequencer is dead on. I have an i7 with 8 gigs of ram and its seemless. The key pads feel like the MPC as you would expect but you can naturally change velocity and such. The thing that I love and hate about the Ren is that I have the M-Audio fast track 8 interface which is damn good, but the ASIO driver in the Ren is actually more plush believe it or not. I have everything running through the Ren as my fast track sits there fearful of collecting dust. To the MPC lovers out there that are wondering if this product is worth the money - Take it from someone who is a straight studio rat on the hip hop / R-n-B tip, this is the new flavor. Others will come out and have things this doesn't but just like back in the days, there were machines before the MPC - there were machines after it. Some had less options and were cheaper, some had more and were more expensive. It was something about the MPC that caught your eye and heart similar to that young lady that you loved but let get away. Something made you keep the MPC close. This is a great moment in time for me because me and my MPC when our separate ways but now she is back in town, she lost some weight, she learned how to do some new things and she still loves me. So now... We play... **Warning... If you are a computer producer who never learned how to make beats the pure way we did once upon a time, you may be overwhelmed by this product. Creativity is earned... not learned***
66 of 68 people (97.06%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best MPC Ever?" submitted November 9, 2014

By Jay B in Pleasant Hill, CA
Musical Background: 12 years keyboards
Music Style: Hip Hop
Sound: The audio interface is viable. I use my old reliable DIGI audio interface for analog to digital conversion, but I do use the Rennaisance's outputs and love the sound. The vintage modes do add unique color to he outputs. Feature: With the new 1.7 release of the software there are dozens of great useful features. The most useful will probably be "Track Explode" where you can make a drum pattern on one track, and once you're finished you can track explode which will create a new track for each drum sound. Also program automation is a pretty sweet feature. Ease of Use: The hybrid synth that comes with the new update or release of the software is top notch..great sounds. The Akai VST instruments I rarely use, but they have a few useable instrument samples. There's more than enough filters and a viable mod matrix to create great samples. Quality: This controller is built like a tank. Very detailed and well thought out. It's a very comfortable controller. I can make beats on this thing all day. Value: its a high end controller combined with a viable audio interface, and top notch software after the 1.7 release. It's worth the price. There's always the more economical MPC Studio as an option, but as an owner of both, the Ren blows the Studio out the water in every way. It's worth the price difference. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used their tech support. The Wow Factor: It's a comfortable and inspiring piece of equipment. The technology doesn't get in the way of creating music. I can make beats all day on this thing. It's totally a hardware work flow, but with the 1.7 release you have a lot of software DAW capabilities if you need them. Overall: With a couple more software updated this May probably be the best MPC ever made. It's built like tank, Inspiring to work on, hardware workflow, with advanced software editing capabilities if needed. It's workflow increases productivity and stimulates creativity.

"Vintage Reinvented " submitted March 22, 2015

By Steven (BonesOnTheBeat) B in Baltimore , MD
Overall
Musical Background: i have been producing music for 7 years now but i have been around it my entire life
Music Style: I am well rounded and catering to all genres
Overall: Im giving the ren 5/5 in every category Its everything you'd expect from an MPC from its vintage look and feel all the way down to it's sounds! This thing is a beast Built in sound card , huge tilt backlit lcd , velocity sensitive color coded pads that look and feel amazing Plus 16 touch sensitive Qlinks to control every imaginable parameter Workflow...a breeze! And just about every major aspect of creating editing and sampling , even browsing can be done from tge hardware alone! If you dont have one just add to cart and checkout its that simple You'll love it

"I Love It!!" submitted January 10, 2016

By James M in Philly, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Music Production, Synthesist and Composer....
Music Style: Techno, DownTempo, Glitch, Tech House
Overall: Overall... I had the MPC Element, MPC Studio (Twice) and now the MPC Renaissance... All I can say is I enjoy using my Renaissance and every moment of it. Learning more and more production tricks each day. I enjoy the tilted screen and having all 16 q-link knobs at my fingertips. I find this much easier to use then Maschine. The MPC Software is also finally coming along. I can't ever wait for the next release of updates and improvements and especially the enhancements. Highly recommend! Built like a tank too!

"Akai MPC Renaissance " submitted August 30, 2015

By a customer from gmail.com in Cleveland, OH
Musical Background: 5 years. I play keyboard. indie music producer
Music Style: Trap, r&b edm
Overall: For a long time I've been looking for a drum pad to improve my workflow, and the Renaissance is everything a producer could dream of. Solid build, great quality, from the 16 backlit MPC pads to the touch sensitive rotary faders. The first drum pad I purchased was Native Instruments Maschine Mikro MKII, and although the Maschine comes with a great sound package and more sensitive pads, I found that it actually slowed down my performance because I had to use more buttons to access certain features. Whereas the the Renaissance lays out everything in a way even a novice could have full comprehension of the equipment and software in a matter of days with out even reading the manual. I love the fact that in mpc software I can set the note quantized to any Value and play my keyboard and it records flawlessly with out any edit, and coming from FL Studio and having to spend 20 mins at a time to quantize, it's a life saver. Plus having the legendary sound of the MPC60 and 3000 makes it so much more worth it. BEST BUY IN YEARS.

"MPC Renaissance" submitted November 5, 2015

By Jean-Paul LaFlam in Gloucester, MA
Music Style: House...electronica
Overall: Incredible....learning curve on both the hardware and software is relatively small. The most time I spent really was trying to figure out how it was all going to fit in the workflow with reason 8. I ended up throwing logic pro in the mix and everything works great together. But the hardware and software on their own I was up and running and fairly confident in a week......will learn the nooks and crannies as I go along. The possibilities are endless. And buying from zZounds and breaking up the payments is addictive.

"MPC Renaissance" submitted March 23, 2015

By Louis Warnell in Lynwood, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been DJing since 1986, it stated as a hobby but with monetary benefits .
Music Style: All styles, if you're into music production, you inspiration from any genre of music
Overall: The Akai MPC Renaissance is a fabulous music production machine. This is a powerhouse for beat making, editing, mastering etc... but it's very easy to use. I switched from NI Maschine to the MPC because of the realistic instrument sounds, the Vintage mode of the earlier MPC products.

"MPC Renaissance " submitted September 29, 2015

By Darrin M in New Orleans, LA
Overall
Musical Background: I don't play music, but I did take 2 years of piano when I was a teen.
Music Style: R&B, Hip Hop.
Overall: Wonderful piece of equipment. A bit intimidating when you first look at it, but easy to learn how to use once you start fooling around with it. I highly recommend this product to all would be producers, from the newbies to the seasoned pro.

"Worth every penny!" submitted July 5, 2015

By Alarica R in Lemoore , CA
Musical Background: Beatmaker,intermediate
Music Style: Hip Hop
Overall: Solid controller,makes workflow so much faster. I would buy it again.

"JaxsnMusic Is Back in the MPC Game with the Renaissance" submitted March 6, 2014

By McAuthor J in Windsor Locks, CT
Musical Background: Professional over 20 years
Music Style: rock, hip-hop, country, blues, Christian, electronic, chillwave ragtime, Balinese reggae ton, etc
Overall: Absolutely Love this Powerful Machine/Controller.

"Solid midi /audio controller" submitted November 19, 2012

By T M in Danville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Over 20 years experience in music production. Keyboardist, guitarist Controllerism and dj
Music Style: Variety of styles including hip hop, funk, r&b, smooth jazz, dub step
Overall: This mpc hybrid is a quality built controller, great bounce to pads they feel better then any other pad controller on the market. The lights on the pads are a bonus and they have excellent response.

"MPC REN a little troubling" submitted February 11, 2014

Overall
Overall: Little bugs at big times.

"MPC Renaissance " submitted April 7, 2013

By Donald w
Musical Background: home studio engineering and producing 15 yrs
Music Style: Hip hop rap rnb dirty south
Overall: Love the mpc Renaissance for the price it should come with more but it is very good equipment

"MPC Renaissance " submitted April 7, 2013

By Donald w
Musical Background: home studio engineering and producing 15 yrs
Music Style: Hip hop rap rnb dirty south

When you call, mention priority code 20L-HXVG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976