When you call, mention priority code 144Z-FDTS

Rating and Reviews: Akai MPC1000 Sampler

With the familiar touch-sensitive pads, intuitive sequencer, and sampling features of the larger MPCs, the Akai MPC1000 brings MPC power within any budget.

"Mpc 2000xl replacement" submitted June 9, 2009

Musical Background: Producer
Music Style: Hip-Hop, R&B, Rap, Pop
Sound: the sounds are more crisp than my old 2000xl Feature: its easier to transfer sounds becuase of the usb port and easier to install a hard drive Ease of Use: just like using my 2000xl no learning curve Quality: gotta get use to the pads, smaller than the 2000xl Value: the price was great Manufacturer Support: akai website gives you a lot of good information on the product The Wow Factor: if you dont like the color you alays can customize it Overall: A great piece of equipment, besides its an MPC for all
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"mpc 1k upgrade it to be a beast." submitted November 25, 2007

Overall
Sound: Well out of the box the sounds are old but, after buying sounds the machines performs well.I use my 1k with the micron keyboard and it sounds good but, if you want that professional sound you must invest in high quality sound module or keyoard (industry standard). Feature: Out of the box the 1k is so , so there's better machines for the money but, with the jj os the 1k is a beast.It's more powerful the 2000xl and running neck to neck with the 2500. Ease of Use: There's a learning curve with all machines but, you have to stay on this machine to master it .I'm still learning you tricks and had mine for 4 years now. Quality: The 1k is top quality and built sturdy.One problem i had with my 1k were the pads.I purchased the pad upgrade for $180 off of mpcstuff.com and had no problems ever since Value: Out of the box i don't think it's worth the price tag but, after you upgrade it you feel some what better .I really believe all the money you put out to make it a beast you would be better off buying the rolandmv8000 or the mpc3000 which is the same company anyways. Manufacturer Support: Support is good but ,i never had to use them in that capacity. The Wow Factor: If it only had a flip up screen like the 2500 WOW! picture that Overall: It's definitely a beginners machine but, if you invest some money it becomes a beast.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Beat Bangerz in ATL" submitted November 16, 2007

Overall
Feature: havent learned all them yet. Ease of Use: having trouble saving but... i still think money well spent. Quality: seems to be built well. about the pads. this is my first mpc so i couldn't comment on the pads. Value: i think it would be better priced at about seven hundred considering i had to buy a memory upgrade, hard drive, and new operating system, (JJOS) ... Manufacturer Support: havent used it. you can go to mpc-tutor.com i got books and sounds. i don't have tech problems with my unit. The Wow Factor: very sexy. looks professinal Overall: go get it now.. your drums will KNOCK!!! thats why i bought it... KNOCK!!!

"LISTEN" submitted April 11, 2005

Musical Background: A LITTLE PRODUCING
Music Style: HIP HOP
Sound: THE SOUNDS OF THE DRUMS ARE PRETTY GOOD HAS ALOT OF INSTRUMENTS WITH THE MPC 1000 Feature: THE ONLY ACCERSSORY WAS A 32MB CARD Quality: THIS IS A GOOD PRODUCT EASY TO TRAVEL WITH Value: IT IS WORTH THE MONEY MPC 1000 CAN DO ALOT OF THINGS Manufacturer Support: NEVER USED THE SUPPORT I WOULD NOT KNOW The Wow Factor: IT IS A SLICK LOOKING ITEM Overall: I DON'T NEED ANYTHING ELSE

Akai MPC1000 Sampler Customer Review submitted December 9, 2008

Musical Background: Producer/Rapper
Music Style: Hip-hop , R-n-B
Sound: The MPC-serie is for user made soundbanks(pgm) but it come with some drumkits and a couple basses and sythns but they sick it's what you make it and p.s don't forget to save before powering off!!!! Feature: It's a sampler nothing more or less it not going to make for you but its helps a little i like chop shop in akai os v2 and the input thru it makes it easy to use the mpc and my rm1x together without mixer to merge the audio. Ease of Use: If you read the manual you should making tracks in less then 20 mins. Quality: Well factory its ok but you'll need two things one the 128mb ram upgrade because you'll be like me and max the 16mb up in the 1st day and be stuck with those samples until you delete them two a compact flash card bigger then the 32mb card that come with it Value: it worth the money but the ram and pads should have been included Manufacturer Support: haven't needed it yet The Wow Factor: i wanted it because the features in jj os 1 & 2

"MPC 1000...new heart of my studio" submitted March 15, 2009

Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B, Indie,
Sound: I produce mostly hip hop. Started with mainly software (FL, then Reason), and I was looking for more "umph". Something to bang a little better. MPC1000 was perfect. Great compression and eq. The effects sound great. I got mine new, and as soon as I took it out the box, I made a quick drum pattern, and man what difference. Feature: Stock is okay, depending on what you wanna do. But to get the most out of it I got the 128mb expansion ram, and a bigger CF card. Got the jjos 3.08 and works beautifully. Only thing is I wish they came with the hdm10 kit already, instead of having to buy that thing. Organizing files can get a little frustrating time consuming, but not a big deal. Ease of Use: Not a big learning curve. Again, I'm pretty fluent with the big music sofware programs FL, Reason, Sonar, Acid. So it only took me bout an hour to get into the swing of things. Just read the manual if you're having trouble, but I just prefer to learn it first hand. Play around with it. Upgrade to JJ OS for sure. Hooking it up to my DAW was quite simple, I use Reason as my sound mod. Quality: Small but hefty. The pads feels great, I heard the older model had pad problems, but none here. Everything is pretty solid, quite the work horse. I take mine to work and start projects in my down time. I wanted something small, portable, and dependable. MPC1k was the perfect choice. Value: I was happy to pay the price for a new one, plus the play as you pay plan makes things much easier. I wanted something fresh for my studio. Something portable. I did a lot of research b4 my purchase, and MPC was the best bang for my buck. Plus rumor is that once you upgrade your OS to the JJOS2, it works like an mpc2500. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them yet. Wish they had more info on there site. Luckily there's a huge MPC community online. The Wow Factor: Man, everytime I look at this thing I just want to hit it...well the pads. Overall: It's the heart of my studio now. I wasn't too much into sampling, but now this thing has opened a new window for creativity. MPC was exactly what I was looking for. I was trying to get away from doing things on the computer.

"Great product worth the price, many capabilities, and great for all genres of music." submitted November 13, 2011

Music Style: Hip hop
Sound: The sound quality of the mpc can only be as good as the producer therefore the sky is the limit. The mpc is very responsive however a little skill is needed, the mpc can also be used for any genre of music. Feature: None Ease of Use: The mpc requires patience and time. Quality: Good quality and very sturdy. Value: Yes Manufacturer Support: No The Wow Factor: Sampling is an amazing art. Overall: Eternity. Yes I would purchase the same thing.

"A real look at the little new blue from Akai" submitted January 24, 2004

Music Style: Hip-Hop, Electronic, Pop, anything beat-based
Sound: Adjustable "Master FX" (which admittedly is just sweepable EQ and a global compressor) allow for the sound of the entire unit to be sculpted as a whole, and FX, linkable, ressonant, attenuating LP/HP/BP filters allow individual pads to be tweaked blissfully simple. The usual tuning, panning, amp envelopes and velocity-based adjustment of filters add further depth to this tiny unit. Color me impressed. The sound coming off both the mains and the headphone out is great. Add to that the standard 4 additional outs and resampling capability and you're gold. Feature: The only things I could ask of this piece are that it included a few more features to make it "computer independant" such as BPM detect for phrase loops, sample revers and Velo% per track, for fixing track levels instead of having to tweak the mixer section after you've recorded a too-quiet piece. Maybe in a new OS update. Quality: The unit as a whole has excellent build quality. The case is rugged and has a good heft to it, the pads can take a beating, and the screen just won't quit. The only especially flimsy feeling parts are the Q-link sliders (misleading name as they do NOT function like Q-link knobs on the Z-series samplers, only assignable to a few specific things) which feel a bit toylike. The data wheel is very light plastic but that's okay by me as it allows you to spin it faster than the old thumbwheels. The volume knobs are nice and chunky though they have the look of cheap Lego plastic. Otherwise a beautiful piece of machinery. (unless you can't deal with the colors. Break out the fat caps and spray it down!) Value: It's my main sequencer/phrase sampler. I have completely dumped my 2000 for this, though I don't know if I'd do so if I had an XL. It's small and easy to work with, my deskspace is valuable, and it integrates fabulously into my setup. (a turntable, an airsynth, an S 5000 and a Korg Karma, plus softsynths) Could barely ask for anything more for the price. Manufacturer Support: Never had need for support on this, though they've already updated the OS numerous times in the few months it's been out. The Wow Factor: Sex appeal is a nasty term for the gear lust attributed to a piece of kit. I'd buy this again if I ever lost it, it's the most solid piece I've used so far in its price range and feature set. Overall: I expect, unless it breaks down, to continue using this piece indefinitely. I love punching softsynths with it, sampling breaks, sampling a guitar riff WHILE the beat is playing, and all the other features that make the 1000 what it is to me. I can use it for almost anything, and don't see it leaving my side for a loooong time.

"A Great product for music production especially HipHop" submitted July 20, 2011

Musical Background: Passion for hiphop and all other good music
Music Style: hiphop jazz soul and funk salsa and rock
Value: yes Manufacturer Support: Haven't had an issue with the machine yet, and it is very rugged and reliable. The Wow Factor: I love the design and color of it

Akai MPC1000 Sampler Customer Review submitted March 30, 2006

Overall: dont bother getting the MPC2500... since the MPC1000 got its OS 2.1 update (downloadable from the akai website), it has everything all the others have, for less than half the price! go and buy one now!

"Some real advice if you're thinkin' about buyin' the MPC 1000..." submitted October 15, 2004

By a customer from vinylla.com
Musical Background: Producer/Remixer
Music Style: Hip Hop, R & B, Dance, Pop
Sound: Sounds Punchy, Good bass. There's something about Akai filters on their samplers that gives it a true punchy analog tape-ish sound. No other samplers can match it...that's why the MPC series is so popular. Feature: A little scaled down...but what do you expect for the money. I am a Producer/Remixer. I have produced 100's of records & remixes. I have owned &/or used the 2000xl, the 3000 & the 4000. It would be hard to compare a Volkswagen Jetta to a Mercedes CLK-Class...I never can understand why people dog & complain so much...Manufacturers cannot include every conceivable feature for under a grand. The fact that this baby is small & computer friendly (USB) is worth the price alone. I bought this as a little home computer MPC setup & have no regrets. The 4000 is a killer mahine...but not everyone can afford or for that matter needs a Mercedes...so keep that in mind when you're buying. on the other hand, the 2000xl...I'm a bit surprised that Akai put out a new one but the only difference is the ugly blue color. No USB, No FX, No digital spdif...So all in all, with the compact size & everything else taken into consideration.. I felt that the 1000 was better value than the 2000xl for my home setup. But it definately ain't no Mercedes! Quality: In general made very well. But I really don't like the data wheel. It feels kida cheap- Value: Like I said this is a fuel efficient, quick little Jetta...It will get you around where you wanna go but it just doesn't compare to driving a Mercedes!!! (or Porsche for that matter!!! : ) Manufacturer Support: Have you ever tried to contact Akai? Good Luck! The Wow Factor: Don't like the blue & Red...It looks like it could be under George W. Bush's arm on the campaign trail! (Could you imagine George W. somwhere in middle america at a photo op with an Akai MPC 1000 under his arm!!! : ) Overall: If you're a bigtime studio cat...you'll need the 4000. The 4000 is one killer machine & well worth the hefty price tag. If you don't wanna lug around a piece of gear that's the size of a small continent...& aren't so concerned about super pro features then the 1000 is a fine little vehicle to own.

"hit the ground running..." submitted September 6, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: Video/Movie sound mixing (Pro Tools). rookie producer.
Music Style: urban (hip hop, jazz, soul, classics...)
Sound: I would rate a "10" as it has the best sound I've heard but I havn't heard any other drum/samplers be4. Feature: decent but would have liked being able to adjust sample lengths (pitch) in box. although with the access to USB port I import modified samples from Pro Tools which is an A+ feature in my book Quality: buttons seem pretty cheap and hollow. pads feel good seem a bit small but over time you get used it them. I reeeally wish it had a better data dial. your getting what your paying for here Value: over i was pleased with the money i forked out. I'm a full time college student living off of student loans and i had enough to spent a G. i'll be eating P&J sandwiches and potatoes all semester but it all weighs out. Manufacturer Support: I will say that you can find pretty good advise online through posts, but little from where you purchased it at or from Akai. futureproducers.com is a good place to start. i never expected this would be easy its hard anough to get advise from other producers. methods of making beats are subjective and personal and thats just the way it is. The Wow Factor: Looks cheaps. Colors are tacky but when the studio lights are low and your doing your thing who really cares... Overall: Over all very pleased with sound quality, price and the USB port is a gem. Big plus for computer users- allows you to drop ANY sample you have on your computer through the box which also means it gives you the ability to use your computers hard drive for memory. No need alot for zips, floppys, memory cards, and/or CD's- here its just, plug in USB, drag and drop, done. It feels rather cheap and looks like a $10 hoe but looks aint everything. I'll probably wait a few years before move up from this and even still i'll hold on and always use this tool. if your a dj, or producer this thing is small enough to wrap in a sweater and throw it in a back pack with space to spare. The bought the product because of the reputation of the MPC.

"Nice, but Akai need to change the cheap loose pads." submitted November 21, 2006

Overall
Sound: Nice n Crisp Feature: Good features, but i prefer using the same features on the newer 2500 model, which i have used many times in the guitar centre. Ease of Use: Pretty simple once you get past the basics. Quality: Cheap build. The Worst pads ever made. I had like 5 swaps on this thing, and only now do i have something i can keep. the sliders are even worse. they slide and wobble. Value: Next time im gonna save up and go for a 2500. It looks much better, its more solid, bigger pads, a tilted screen, and more outputs for my desk. Plus it has better Q link sliders that dont feel cheap. Manufacturer Support: Crap support. The Wow Factor: Its ok in black, but still looks like a toy. Overall: If its a first time mpc, its not bad just to get used to. Why pay more if you dont like mpcs after a little use.

"Mpc 1000 is the Bomb" submitted June 4, 2008

Musical Background: producer
Music Style: hip hop
Sound: the mpc 1000 is the bomb yo. its a really good machine if youre just getting into producing like i did. this mpc is cool because its fun to use and you can create some raw heat with it. but im planning on selling this mpc because i want to get the 2500. Feature: i like all the features exept that when i want to change the pitch of a sample, the sample sounds all messed up with a weird tape effect sound. thats my only problem. Ease of Use: its really, really, really, really, easy to use. trust me. im only 15 and as soon as i got it i started messin with all of its features and stuff and created my first beat in the first 20 minutes. i didnt even read the manual. so buy it. Quality: its the ISH!!! Value: ITS STILL THE ISH!!! The Wow Factor: its no that good lokking. i have the blue one so its ehh... but if had the black one man. that one is beautiful. you know which one is also beautiful? the 2500 which will be mine in a couple months. Overall: this mpc is raw and easy to use. if youre good at makin beats you can create some hot ish. but i cant wait til i get the 2500. but this is a little beast.

"GOOD SH!+" submitted April 14, 2005

Musical Background: PRODUCER
Music Style: ANY KIND THAT SOUNDS GOOD MAIN FOCUS OLDSCHOOL, HIP-HOP, R&B, JAZZ, COUNTRY, AND NEW AGE
Sound: ITS AKAI C'MON! Feature: COULD USE MORE SAMPLING EDITING FEATURES BUT WHO NEEDS IT IF YOU HAVE A MAC OR PC WITH IT. THERE ARE SO MANY SAMPLE EDIT PROGRAMS. WHAT IF YOU DONT LIKE SAMPLING AND EVERYTHING IS ORIGINAL THAT YOU DO? THEN GIVE IT A TEN. Quality: SOME PARTS FEEL LIKE YOUR ABOUT TO POKE THROUGH IT BUT THE PADS IS WHAT I BANG AND THEY HOLD VERY WELL. NICE AND SOLID. Value: I NEED ONE FORSELF. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: LOTS OF PEOPLE THINK IT LOOKS UGLY WITH THOSE COLORS BUT I THINK ITS KIND OF CUTE. lol!!! Overall: VERY WELL PRODUCT I WANT EVERYONE OF THEM.

"the MPC is the greatest drum machine" submitted February 18, 2005

Musical Background: 12 year old producer
Music Style: Rap
Sound: The MPC is great. it gives the exact sound you are looking for. If you dont know how to use, and you own one, dont get this if you cant make some tight real beats. Quality: the MPC has great quality there is so much that you can create with the machine. Value: the MPC1000 is worth its price, even though it has thw same sound as the 2000. The Wow Factor: the company that made this must know how to make music and they made a great design Overall: i expect the machine to last forever

"Cop this peace" submitted February 14, 2005

Music Style: hip hop , and dnb
Sound: The sounds sound very awesome. Especially if you use the bit cruncher to 12 bit sound out of it. Feature: It doesn't have everything like time stretch, but then I use software along with my mpc. Quality: The colors could be alittle bit better. Buts thats not why i bought it. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed it

Akai MPC1000 Sampler Customer Review submitted November 15, 2007

Musical Background: Beatmaker
Music Style: Hip Hop
Sound: It's a sampler.. Feature: Roland's MV8000 which is now second-hand for close to the same price, kills it for features. Ease of Use: Easy enough. Quality: The pads are crap and Akai doesn't care. The new "upgrade pad kit" is a $200 scam Akai is pulling. They will send you replacement individual pad sensors (they say, waiting to get mine..) but NO free "upgrade kit." Pretty screwed up. Furthermore, there is no way to tell if you will be getting a unit with the "upgraded" pads when you buy a new unit. Manufacturer Support: Akai "support" is terrible. The user forums at mpc-forums.com are much better. The Wow Factor: Akai needs to shape up or ship out.

Akai MPC1000 Sampler Customer Review submitted June 29, 2004

Overall
Sound: i love it Feature: i love it Quality: i love it Manufacturer Support: i love it

Akai MPC1000 Sampler Customer Review submitted April 28, 2004

Overall
Feature: Well, the basic features are fantastic; THE SIZE, the tight and friendly sequencer, the separate outs, pads, great mac/pc compabillity etc. But the effect unit is really not impressive, it'sa not just very basic, I miss some essential stuff there, like why isn't there a delay on board? Same thing with the filters, they sound very weak and digital. I'm also a bit disappointed with the envelopes and dynamic sample editing/manipulation in general. My EMU sampler from 1995 (approx 150

When you call, mention priority code 144Z-FDTS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976