When you call, mention priority code 16G4-PYHD

Rating and Reviews: Lars Ulrich Drumsticks

Are you tired of replacing broken drumsticks? Sturdy enough for Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich, these Ahead aluminum sticks can really take a beating.

"Just Buy-Em..They're worth it." submitted December 21, 2005

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: Professional Drummer
Music Style: Heavy Blues, Heavy Metal
Sound: Sound?..From Sticks?..The sound comes from the drums..However, being these are a lot heavier than typical wood sticks of the same size..they are louder..A good thing if you play hard like I do.. Feature: Great for Rock..Lars Ulrich version look good. I play 3 to 4 nights a week anywhere from 2 to 5 hours at a time. Anti Vibration a big plus reducing hand fatigue. The sticks, though unlike many others, are very very well balanced (another plus to reduce hand fatigue). The expense..I paid $24.95 for the pair. Considering I would have went through twice that amount in wooden sticks (I break them often) the value is great. I have had these for almost 10 months and still going strong..Don't fling them either..highly recommend the optional stick wrap..great grip thick rubber tape. The less expensive cover(s) will ocassionally need replacing but the cost $4 or $5 a pair..not bad. Quality: No doubts here..they are built to last..and still feel as fresh today as when I bought them 10 months ago. Value: Definately a great value..consider that you would pay $8 to $10 for a decent pair of wooden sticks..they break, you buy more. In 10 months I would have gone through at least 4 or 5 pair buy now..you do the math. I paid $24.95 for each pair (I have 2 pairs in case I fling one),(Haven't flung one yet though) an additional $7 for the wraps. Good quality rubber tape like grip stuff. The way it adds up I get great sticks for less money.. When I do need to replace the covers which are quite durable they cost about $6 or $7 dollars. Manufacturer Support: haven't had to contact anyone..don't know The Wow Factor: Hey, C'mon. They look good, feel great, last forever, what more could you ask for..Don't let the initial price scare you..they are worth their weight in gold. Overall: These are the best sticks I have ever played with. hands down. I love the Zildjian dipped sticks as well but they always seemed so lite. These sticks are a good bit heavier than wood sticks, hit with authority and respond very very well for a heavy stick. drum rolls around the kit after you get used to these sound awsome. And if you do fling one and grab a wooden stick, watch how fast you toss that one to find the ahead or look in that bag for another one. Though I haven't lost a stick yet while playing with them I did buy 2 pair. You would spend a lot more money for wooden sticks before theses where out.

"Ahead is the best, bottom line." submitted December 13, 2010

Music Style: Hard Rock, Metal, Covers
Sound: I am a huge fan of Ahead Drum Sticks and specifically the Lars Ulrich series. The weight and feel of the sticks are solid. Less fatigue and abuse of the hands. I hit hard so I prefer these sticks for live performance and wood in the studio however depending on your playing style they would work for both. Feature: Because of my playing style I tend to break a lot of sticks (not to mention heads) but Ahead has eliminated that need. The only reason to have more then one pair is if you drop a stick (or throw one to your adoring fans). You will go through sleeves and tips, depending on your music style and how much you play, but the cost will be 10 times less then buying wooden sticks. To me, there is something about a good pair of sticks that you feel attached too, and Ahead keeps the same sticks in your hand all the time, just replace the sleeve or tip if it gets worn out. Ease of Use: The vibration is reduced big time in these sticks. I challenge you to play for an hour with Ahead sticks and then try your old wood sticks. You will feel the difference immediately. Hand fatigue is reduced, which means less cramps, blisters and after show ice bags. Quality: Try your hardest to break these sticks. The sleeves and tips are replaceable so any wear and tear is fixed fairly easily. I say fairly because if you are on the road and don't have have a hair dryer or an oven, replacement can be a bit of a pain, but nothing you cant overcome. I find its easiest to heat the sticks and the sleeves when replacing as the heat softens the plastic and makes it easy to slip off and on. Tips are a snap but be sure to screw them on tight, otherwise you are taking out the bass players eye. Value: Worth it 100% The cost might seem high at first but they really do pay for themselves when you don't have to buy wood sticks by the bulk. And hey, you're going green...Sorta. Manufacturer Support: I am not sure I have ever contacted Ahead support but I will rate it a ten for the simple fact I haven't needed to contact them. The Wow Factor: Not only do these sticks feel and play great, they look cool too. That appeal might not mean much, but it does not hurt. Overall: In short, Ahead sticks are the only sticks I will use when I need reliable, comfortable performance night after night. They are versatile and worth every cent. Pick up a pair today and I guarantee you wont go back to wood sticks.

Lars Ulrich Drumsticks Customer Review submitted January 20, 2004

By a customer from netzero.net
Music Style: rock, metal, punk
Sound: The sound of the sticks are really good..i recommend for better sound..change the sleeves of the sticks every so often. new tips and also get the "ahead griptape" it really makes a diffrence..the sound is unbelievable great. Feature: the features of the stick are a little weird..they say that it has a vibration reduction system, it kinda doesn't..i still feel a lot of vibration..but it is all good. overall..it is a good stick. Quality: the quality is the best..i cannot ask for anything better..it is really reliable. they never break and always straight. its there when you need it. and it will last as long as you keep changing its sleeves..tips and etc. but thats all you have to do to change and too keep. there is nothing wrong with the stick. Value: they are really worth it..for the price..sure its over priced..but they are worth it..you save alot more money than buy wood sticks..you only pay about 5 dollars to change and upgrade..and otther sticks are about as much..and they break..so you always spend 5 bucks every month or so..for me..i change every 2 months Manufacturer Support: i have never had any troubles with the stick. The Wow Factor: it is the best..i like how it has white ends and a full black frame..like a magic wand. this stick is the best. Overall: there is no other stick like this. i love this stick. i chose this stick because i wanted to try something other than woodsticks. and they have less shock from the wood sticks. i dont' have any problems with it.

"Lars Ulrich Ahead Sticks...can't beat them" submitted May 24, 2010

Music Style: Metal
Sound: Sound is good, a bit different than wood especially if you add in drum stick hits into your solos or fills Ease of Use: These sticks are a little bit heavier than wood, so you use less effort to move them and gravity does the rest...life saver on the arms and wrists Quality: I would need a hacksaw to break these things...aluminum and nylon...good luck breaking them Value: I paid $28 for mine and never had a single problem, however wood sticks constantly broke due to the occasional accidental rim shot that wasnt intended Manufacturer Support: Never had to use them The Wow Factor: Beautiful paint and white tips on black cant beat it Overall: AMAZING

"would you use these sticks?" submitted December 14, 2003

Overall
Music Style: rock (metallica, iron maiden, ect.)
Sound: it's better than wooden sticks because they're more durable and solid. they are by far the best drum sticks I have ever used.and I think everyone deserves a pair reguardless whether they play the drums or not, just to hear the way they make the drums sound. Feature: I just think that it's a great product to use. Quality: this product is made out of very durable, and very strong material. The Wow Factor: it inhances my want to play even more than whan I play with the band in front of other people. Overall: I will never replace this product.

"strange sticks,but they work" submitted April 9, 2004

Overall
Sound: These are strange sticks..I just cant get used to a hollow-core alloy stick.These sticks dont sound or feel like wood sticks and some players may not them. Feature: These sticks are hollow-core alloy with vibration-dampening material inside the butt end.They have replaceable polyurethane covers that extend from the neck over the shoulder area of the shaft.The tips are screw-on and replaceable. Quality: quality is good,weight differential between stick pairs is almost negligible. Value: If these sticks arent abused,they will last for months or years.Replacement covers are available. The Wow Factor: these sticks look cool,black with white tips and white butt ends,white logo Overall: this stick is worth trying,especially if you`re an older drummer or have hand problems like tendonitis or carpal tunnel syndrome.I personally prefer wood sticks though,I do like the vibration reduction feature of the stick,but I can get similar results with the above-mentioned anti-vibe stick from Zildjian.

"Good Sticks" submitted September 29, 2005

Overall
Sound: Umm well it sounds ok I can't really tell I just hit the drums with them. Feature: Yeah I supose all the high tech stuff with these sticks is pritty handy like the anti-vibration thing which helps. Quality: These sticks are awesome I play all the time with them and I have had them for about 8 months and they lasted alot longer then wooden sticks but now because I wasn't carfull with them I have to replace the sleeves but meh. It's all good Value: Well I paid $90 I know it's pritty steep but hey I would of gone through like 4 pairs of sticks in the time I had these so it all adds up. Manufacturer Support: Not bad The Wow Factor: I wouldn't mind getting another pair maybe some a little lighter. Overall: I found these sticks very very good.

When you call, mention priority code 16G4-PYHD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976