When you call, mention priority code 172S-4346

Rating and Reviews: Speed Metal Drumsticks

These awesome drumsticks are nearly indestructible and feature a vibration reducing design that cuts down on hand fatigue.

"Either get AHEAD or fall behind." submitted April 13, 2008

By a customer from earthlink.net
Music Style: Metal
Sound: Awesome unique and crisp sounding sticks. Feature: I love the replaceable tips and sleeves. If they wear out just replace it, simple as that. Quality: I never really bring extra sticks to practice but the one time i did i actually achieved to break the sticks, thankfully it was at practice but i still trusts these sticks over any other brand. The Wow Factor: These sticks have unique characteristics that just explode into the senses catching and mesmerizing you. Overall: I expect to be using these sticks for as long as I can keep a beat and thats not going to stop for a while.

"Awsome drumstick a must have!!!" submitted February 20, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: active musician, play everyday
Music Style: Heavy Meatal-Joey Jordison baby!!
Sound: This drumstick sounds a little different than wooden sticks, but i alo think it is harder on cymbals-b/c thier metal-but overall very good drumstick. Feature: ive had these sticks since spring, and they are just starting to peel the plastic off the stick, i am a very hard drummer though-heavy metal..so i really put them to work when i drum.. Ease of Use: this stick is very playable very different from wood, they bounce alot easier than wood and have a higher pitch when you hit i think.. Quality: very tough drumstick, although mine are starting to peel.. getting ot the metal core now. no bends though.the tips are kinda dumb though you have to super glue them or something..unless you wnat to keep screwing them on all the time.. The Wow Factor: very good looking drumstick! they are C-O-C-K-Y chicks dig them- belive me!....

Speed Metal Drumsticks Customer Review submitted September 1, 2005

Music Style: rock/ metal
Feature: I haven't used them but the interchangeable heads would be very useful Quality: This is a very high quality stick, with durable covers that can be replaced if they get damaged. I haven't noticed any scratches or dents yet on mine though. The only down point is that the writing wears off, but that's nothing. Value: The sticks are expensive compared to other sticks but they're just so much better! Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with the company, but the 60 day warranty means they're probably easy ot dael with. The Wow Factor: The black covers with white tips look brilliant, they go great with my black kit. Overall: I doubt I'll ever go back to using wooden sticks.

"Extra Extra - These sticks kick ass" submitted December 31, 2005

Overall
Sound: I've found that the AHEAD sticks don't sound quite as crisp as a hard wooden stick, however they still sound great. If the sleeve was engineered a little harder, they would most likely beat the wooden sticks. Feature: The ability to dismantle every peice of this stick is amazing. Though a dab of superglue on the threads is essential, because I've found that the tip keeps on screwing off. Quality: A very good stick....extremely dependable. I've had mine for over half a year i think, and there's no sign of any impending failure. These sticks are tough!! Value: Compared to how much money worth of wooden sticks you would go through in their lifetime, they're well worth it....probably by 10 times...wouldn't know exactly yet, have only had them for 6 months or so. Overall: Amazing drumstick overall...unless you're the type of player that either: never breaks sticks, or is dead set on the wooden "stick" sound, I would reccomend them to you.....Just TRY and break these things. It's crazy!

"You cant go wrong with these....." submitted July 20, 2005

Overall
Sound: The sound is super cool it is by far the best iv ever used........ Feature: the only thing i dont like about them is when my hands get sweaty they get a bit slippery....but that can be fixed i guess..... Quality: The Quality beats anything else..........just try and break these by playin' they are simply awesome Value: They are very cheap for the value......buy these instead of buyin' a new pair every month Overall: Overall these are a beautiful stick they are consistent they are easy on the hands, durable, virtually unbreakable, really, what is not to like.....

Speed Metal Drumsticks Customer Review submitted July 8, 2008

Overall
Sound: A little more UMPH than most sticks. Feature: It's a drumstick. How many features can there be? However many there are, this stick has them all. Ease of Use: I think these sticks actually make me play better. Quality: High quality. Much much better than plain wooden sticks in my opinion. Value: They're a bit expensive, but hey... Manufacturer Support: don't know The Wow Factor: Very cool. Joey Jordison is awesome. Overall: Awesome sticks. I don't know if I'd want to buy them again because they're pretty expensive but we'll see how long they last. I doubt I'll have to replace them anyway. Then seem that they'll last a long time.

"I have been playing drums for 7 years." submitted March 24, 2012

By Patrick McFarland in Palmer, AK
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing drums since I was 7 years old and I play in a band called Angels Masquerade and we play at bars.
Music Style: We play some alternative, metal and punk. Punk is our main style though.
Overall: I am 13 years old and I have been playing drums for 7 years now, and I have always been using Vic Firth drumsticks, until my 13th birthday. I got these sticks along with my Gretsch Catalina Birch drum set and I have had the same pair of drum sticks for a year now and they are in perfect condition and they don't have any cracks. These drumsticks are used by many famous bands ( Metallica, Trivium, Def Leppard, etc.) because they are EXTREMELY reliable and comfortable. I highly recommend these drumsticks. In fact, you need to buy these drumsticks. Since I got these, wooden drumsticks are just not an option for me, they vibrate too much and aren't comfortable. If you are a drummer that wants to save money, save time, and not have to switch drumsticks really fast during a concert if they break, BUY THESE DRUMSTICKS.

"Amazing Sticks, Crazy Quality, won't be dissapointted." submitted July 13, 2008

Musical Background: Hobbyiest/Active Musician
Music Style: Hard Rock and Various Sub-Genres of Metal
Sound: I just bought these nice Ahead Joey Jordison Sticks and i can only say one thing. They are AMAZING!!! I use a Pearl Export Joey Jordison Signature and they sound great on it!! They are very light weight and easy to use, it's like you cant feel them at all. Some peeople recommend grip tape but I don't really need it. Overall great sticks at a great price. The sound it makes is a nice loud explosive chirp on the snare drum and on the toms....it just makes them sound more alive. Best sticks i have ever used, just it needs a bit more reach. On top of that it lasts quite a long time. Feature: Its excellent!! It can't be better cept maybe a lil bit more reach, buh other then that it's great. You can change the nylon tips and the shafts no prob and they are cheap too. Like 4 dollars for both shafts and like what 2 dollars for both tips. Ease of Use: Well it depends on the drummer. I am kinda an all around drummer though I play alot of metal. You don't even need to worry about the fatigue problem. You can play for weeks on end without tiring your wrists out. Quality: It lasts up to like 4-6 months without having to change the shafts or tips. Ahead sticks are made with the nest quality. Every stick is perfect. Just that it might be a pain to change the shafts and tips. You need to use a clamp to twist off the tips then use a blow dryer to soften the plastic so the shaft can slide off. Then put and melt the new shaft on and twist and lock it off with the tip and some super glue. It might seem like a pain but its like changing strings on a floyd rose, a pain but worth doing. Value: It is a bit more expensive then other sticks but it's worth it in the long run since most experienced drummers break their sticks like once or twice a week. Manufacturer Support: I actually havent had a problem yet with ahead but if you ever did i don't think they would be that hard to reach. There is also a 60 day warrenty on the sticks. The Wow Factor: It's actually pretty sexy especially is you have a jet black kit like me. The sticks go well with my jordison export or any black coloured kit. Also when you play the white tips gives the stick some extra flare. Overall: I think i would be using these sticks for a long time. Maybe at least 5 years but then maybe I would like to look for a diffrent sound. If it weren't these sticks then maybe other ahead sticks like the lars sticks or even the Travis Smith ones. Or if i had to pick a whole other brand then maybe vic firth.

Speed Metal Drumsticks Customer Review submitted December 20, 2007

Overall
Quality: Awesome last for ever i am a really aggressive drummer and for as long as I've had these i would've broken at least 3 pairs of wooden sticks they are a good investment

"Ahead drumsticks, the best pair you can find!" submitted June 25, 2005

Overall
Sound: Nope, don't change it: it's light, compact and super cool! Overall: I'll use this sticks forever and ever!

When you call, mention priority code 172S-4346. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976