When you call, mention priority code 15ZH-QKLD

Rating and Reviews: Drum Dial Precision Tuner

Measure drumhead tension directly with the Drum Dial Precision Drum Tuner and never play an out-of-tune drum again.

"Get One Now, it will change your life!" submitted October 11, 2009

By a customer from allthingstod.com
Musical Background: Active Pro
Music Style: All
Sound: I am a professional drummer with over 40 years experience as well as having excellent pitch (I am a singer and guitarist as well). I thought of myself as having excellent drum tuning skills. I just borrowed this from a friend and WOW!. Last week I spent about three hours retuning a used kit that I picked up and it sounded great, but when a friend of mine said you have to try this thing, I thought why not, there are definitely some overtones that I could still use to get rid of. After about an hour with the Drum Dial, I can say that I never had a kit sound better. I was actually surprised at how well I did on my own getting the head tensions correct, before using the Drum Dial. I was never off by more than five pounds and in most cases not more than a few, but even the minor tension adjustments I made with this thing absulutlely rocked my world. What is more; I can only imagine how much quicker it would have been the first time with the Drum Dial. Feature: Comes with info on what tensions to use. Ease of Use: Very straight forward. Quality: I am guessing that this is just an adapted lab device. Very high quality Value: The ammount of time saved would make it worth while at twice the price. Manufacturer Support: Wouldn't know, didnt need it and doubt that you ever would

"Double your pleasure....double your fun and joy of drumming with a drum dial. Make your set sound awesome---watch heads turn aro" submitted August 19, 2011

Musical Background: Active muscian
Music Style: 1960's, 70's rock
Sound: My drums have never sounded better as a result of my frequent use of my drum dial. Although I have a fairly good set of drums (Sonor) the sound of my drums is something I would compare with the best sets on the market. Feature: My drum dial came with the case and accessories. The high-impact case keeps my drums safe in transfer from place-to-place. It's most useful featuers include ease of operation and consistent tensions. I have a lot of fun "playing with" and experimenting with my drum dial. Ease of Use: As I indicated above my drums have never sounded better. I have a six-piece set of 9-ply natural maple drums, and the drum dial increases the natural warm sound of my wood drums. Simply put....wow! Quality: My drum dial appears to be very well constructed. It came without any blemishes and I take excelent good care of my "toys"--especially this toy. I am confident that it will have a long service life as a result of my careful handling of it. Value: The drum dial, in my opinion, is worth its weight in gold. As I look back I don't understand why I didn't invest earlier in a drum dial. I am interested in the new digital drum dial but hate to fool around with electronics and batteries. I can just see me at a gig tuning my drums and running short on battery life. Maybe you might think about including extra batteries? Manufacturer Support: I ahve had no need of any repairs so it is hard for me to rate this support section. The Wow Factor: Not sure what sex my drum dial is but I think its a guy since it likes to measure stuff. I would like to see drum dials in a rainbow of colors like red, yellow, blue, pink---for the girls. Overall: In have looked at other products like the Tama drum dial and it looks cheap. So, I intend to stick with what I have because of the obvious quality of the instument.

"DRUM DIAL PRECISION TUNER" submitted October 26, 2013

By WAYNE B in BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
Musical Background: SIX MONTHS AND PLOAY AT HOME
Music Style: ROCK,COUNTRY,BLUES-
Overall: IM A NEW DRUMMER, AND IVE TRYED ALL THE TUNING TECHNIQUES IT DROVE ME CRAZY, AND IT NEVER SOUNDS RIGHT. DRUM DIAL DEFINITELY MADE IT EASER. ITS QUICK AND YOU CAN USE THE CHART FOR RETUNING AT DIFFERENT PITCHES UNTILL YOU FIND YOUR SOUND. I WAS VERY SURPRISED IN THE DIFFENENCES. GREAT FOR NEW DRUMMERS,SAVES TIME AND YOUR PLAYING ON TUNER DRUMS

"Drum Dial makes tuning a snap" submitted May 3, 2011

By a customer from msu.edu
Musical Background: hobbyist / active musician
Music Style: Rock, Country, Metal
Sound: It's not that the drum dial itself has sound, but it allows me to easily tune my drums so they sound better than they ever did when I was tuning them without the dial. Feature: The one additional component besides the actual drum dial is a stair-shaped piece of metal -- the edge gauge -- that rests around the center pole of the drum dial and spaces it an ideal distance from the rim. It's a handy measure, but it does not stay well in place and seems more of an afterthought than an actual element of the dial's design. Ease of Use: The drum dial is very easy to use and helps to take the guesswork out of tuning drums; it really speeds up the process. Quality: It seems really sturdy. I haven't had any problems with it, aside from the edge gauge which, while useful, could have been better executed. In its current clip-on relationship, it doesn't stay put very well. The needle on my dial doesn't point to zero, but I saw a video online that says it only should point to zero when rested atop a flat piece of solid glass ... and it does. Still, that it's not at zero when at rest does irk me a little, irrational as that may be. Value: I don't think the drum dial was a steal, per se, but if it lasts me the rest of my life it will have been worth every penny. As of now, it's quite valuable and a very appreciated invention. Manufacturer Support: I'm just putting a 6 because it's a neutral grade; I haven't dealt with their customer service. I did, though, check out their how-to calibration video on YouTube, which was handy. The Wow Factor: This is not a sexy product; it's purely functional but immensely useful. Overall: I hope to never have to replace it. Time will tell if it's sturdy enough to last, but it certainly seems to be ruggedly constructed. All told, I'm very happy with the product and glad I purchased it.

"a new outlook" submitted November 22, 2012

By John M in Wadsworth, IL
Overall
Musical Background: over 40 years on guitar, drums, bass, a few others.
Music Style: classic rock, Christian, country, blues, and inner-solar blabatronic.
Overall: Once you open up the drum dial, you recognize the weight of the item and it looks like a good quality device. Once you tune your drum heads to a tight tolerance which focuses on the tension of the head, not the tightness of the lug, you hear a new consistency from your drums. In my case, a birch Tama Silverstar set with stock heads is made much more focused, tight, warm.....it's because the device "hears" your set on a different plane of reference. What sounded pretty good now sounds tremendous. Give it a shot if you are meticulous about tuning.

"Drum Dial" submitted March 5, 2014

By Matt H in Independence, KY
Musical Background: 25 years, Percussion, any stringed instrument
Music Style: Country, Rock, Blues
Overall: After using the Drum Dial a few times I went back to tuning my drums the old-fashioned way, and not because I dislike it. It has actually helped me learn to tune better and way faster than I ever could before. I know what my drums should sound like now.

"Drum Dial is great" submitted February 23, 2012

By jeff c in trinity, TX
Overall
Overall: I am just learning to play, waited 40 yrs to buy a set of drums. Bought a set of drums and did not have a clue where to start on tuning them. The Drum Dial is great, dont know what i would do without it.

"Drum Dial" submitted August 5, 2014

By Travis Bertram in Monticello, KY
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 27 years. I am a drummer/percussionist. I play professionally fro several bands in my home state.
Music Style: Country, southern rock, rock, metal, And blues.
Overall: The best tool to dial in on the true voice of you kit!! Very easy to use! Will let you know if the bearing edges are bad, and/or the hoop is bent or warped. Does take a bit to get dialed in the first time. But once or twice and you will tuning like a pro!!!

"Tuning made easy!!" submitted June 16, 2012

By Animal S in Plymouth, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Musician. 14 yrs. playing the drums.
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock, Modern Country
Overall: Lets face it, tuning a set of drums can be time consuming, especially if you are a perfectionist (like myself). This drum tuner really helps you get the job done quickly, not to mention, its kinda fun.

"dial drum tuner" submitted April 3, 2014

By james eldridge in MIDDLETOWN, OH
Musical Background: played drums for 36 years
Music Style: Rock/Country/ Gospel
Overall: Very good tuner for your drum very easy to use nice product

"Drum dial" submitted February 10, 2014

By Tom M in Protem, MO
Overall
Musical Background: Playing Banjo with group and jaming with others 20 years.
Music Style: Bluegrass
Overall: Great job, fast shipping. Would order from again.

"drum dial tuner" submitted February 18, 2014

Overall
Overall: I love this thing. My Ludwig's never sounded better.

"excellent for those who are hearing chanllenged" submitted August 17, 2012

By Don P in Sierra Vista, AZ
Musical Background: 30 years experience in both bands and teaching
Music Style: Rock, Country, Old School Rock, Blues
Overall: Very easy to use, and if you don't like the sound, it is easy to adjust using this tool.

When you call, mention priority code 15ZH-QKLD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976