When you call, mention priority code 12GB-684R

Rating and Reviews: Ableton Live 9 Suite

Harness the power of Ableton's intuitive interface and sequencing with this Suite: 50 GB of loops, sounds, multi-sampled drum kits, software synths and more.

"Ableton Live 9 is exceptionally cool" submitted February 2, 2014

By Laurence Schwarz in Edmonds, WA
Music Style: Electronica - Chill/Downtempo/Trip-hop
Sound: I can't complain about the sound quality. There are those that believe a specific DAW has a specific "sound" to it, no differently than an API, SSL, or Neve desk has a specific sound to them. I guess I can't disagree. Does the Glue compressor in Ableton "sound" like an SSL master bus compressor? I guess so, considering that's what it's modeled after. Feature: They cover all of the bases, and given the "open" architecture of being able to use different kinds of sounds with things like Simpler, Sampler, Impulse, and Drum Racks, you'd be hard-pressed to exhaust your options. Analog and Operator are okay, but they're ancillary to my use of the Spectrasonics VST plug-ins. Ease of Use: This is what really sold me on the product. I'm currently reading the reference manual cover-to-cover just so I can say to myself that I've done it, and know my options, but it's not really necessary. One could merely go over the built-in tutorials, and go from there. It's really about Ableton Live's workflow. That's what really sets this product apart from the majority of the options in the market. Quality: N/A Value: Pretty good considering the size of the library that's included in the Suite. The only product I've ever used that beats it from a "bang for the buck" standpoint would be Logic. Manufacturer Support: Getting through to them can be sometimes a bit challenging, considering that they're in Berlin. The phone lines are frequently busy, but they do have an e-mail contact option if you're not in a hurry. When you do get through to them, their support personnel are professional, and knowledgeable. The Wow Factor: So far, I'm really enjoying it. What really makes the product unique is the integration between the Ableton Live Suite, and the push MIDI controller. I wanted an integrated solution that was highly mobile. The only disappointment I've found is the inability to browse "clips" with the push. I found that to be fairly short-sighted on Ableton's part. How do you create a DAW that is entirely clip based, create an integrated hardware option like push, but no ability to browse clips with it? Really??!!!!??? Overall: I've pretty much tried them all. ProTools, Reason, Ableton, Logic, Cubase. I was never a big fan of Cubase, and since Logic is strictly on the Mac platform, that got nixed. ProTools may be the "industry standard", but unless you absolutely need to have SMPTE timecode, I don't see why one wouldn't evaluate other options.

"It's Live!" submitted January 23, 2014

By Shawn S in Birmingham, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Been musical for ten years, play bass, keys and Ableton. Do some recording, and jam with people.
Music Style: Dreamy, Chillout, Deep, Experimental, Bass.
Overall: What to say that you probably don't know. It's a DAW, and it works great. I can jam with myself very quickly and the new Max4Live plugins are great.I use it to write, arrange, perform (both by myself and with a band) and just play.I plan on adding Push to my setup soon to streamline the process even more.Worth every penny.

When you call, mention priority code 12GB-684R. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976