When you call, mention priority code 175Q-NVSQ

Rating and Reviews: Allen and Heath ZED-10FX

Get A&H quality in a small-format mixer with the ZED-10FX. Sweeten your live sound with the onboard effects, then capture the show to your computer via USB.

"Great mixer value" submitted June 5, 2011

By a customer from richlamphear.com
Music Style: Rock Alternative Folk Country
Sound: At this price point, sound is a definite 10. I had a mackie 1202-vlz3 and was happy with it, replaced it with the ZED mostly because I wanted the integrated effects unit. I was shocked however, by the improvement in sound of the preamps, mix engine and overall quality of the ZED compared to the Mackie. My live sound really took a step forward by comparison. The effects too are excellent quality themselves. I think this mixer is just an amazing bargain. Feature: The main omission is channel mutes - really miss these compared to the mackie. It's nice to have USB computer interface included but keep in mind it's just 16-bit. If only it was 24-bit, combined with the high quality mic preamps the ZED could be a very credible studio interface in addition to live mixer. As it is, the USB recording capability is a nice-to-have add-on for recording performances and rehearsals, but not much more. Ease of Use: About as easy to use as you can expect for a small mixer with effects and USB recording built in. Go through the manual and work with it for a few sessions and you'll have it down. Quality: Similar to Mackie quality. Metal parts and switches might be a tad 'lighter' and it does use plastic end panels. To the good is an internal power supply and the knobs and connectors all feel solid. No worries, but if you're gigging with it much I'd get some kind of case or at least a gig bag. Value: Unless you really must have channel mutes this is the only thing I'd consider in the price range. The sound quality is simply miles ahead of the competition in the range. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed support. The manual is good and I've noticed the designer from A&H hangs out on Gearslutz from time to time.. The Wow Factor: Not a terribly pretty thing. More geek appeal than sex appeal. I could see having some wooden end caps made to replace the plastic though. That would be hot. Overall: Easily the best under $300 mixer I've owned. If sound quality is the most important consideration to you, don't hesitate, get this one.
25 of 26 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great unit! Recordings sound great!" submitted June 3, 2014

By Paul Berll in san diego, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Keyboards, Vocals. Alley Cat Street. San Diego Ca (Jerry Garcia tribute)
Music Style: Jamband. Gospel, Blues, Rock
Overall: I play in a band and record at home. For recording at home, since I play all the instruments, I record one track at a time, and for this, the USB output works great. I can put reverb in my headphones but record a raw sound so I don't have to commit to a verb till mixdown. The routing is very flexible and it boosts the signal on my Nord electro keyboard, which has notoriously low outputs, before it hits my QSC K10 speaker. It is lightweight and built with quality components. I would buy it again if it were lost.

"It's a decent little mixer." submitted November 4, 2013

By Eric T in Lockport, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar and vocals professionally since 2000, I now play in a duo with the nephew of Tim Reynolds from DMB.
Music Style: Acoustic fusion, funky jazz, singer-songwriter, experimental, etc.
Overall: First, zzounds.com was great! My order arrived early and was well packaged. I order most of my cables and consumer level stuff here and the experience has always been great! The Allen and Heath ZED10fx is what it is. On the up side, I didn't think I would hear a difference in the slightly higher quality preamps, but I did! It sounds slightly cleaner and more airy than the 12fx. Also, I noticed that the effects on this little guy seem smoother- I read that they pulled the algorithms out of the big ilive stuff and used a few of them in the 10fx. It could also be that the cleaner pre's are a little more phase coherent and play well with the effects? Meh, either way it sounds a little better than my 12fx, which I also bought here. The EQ's are decent. Not bad at all. Down side– if you add the high-pass filter, it takes away from the fidelity a little. If you engage the phantom power, sometimes there is a brief popping, and it brings the fidelity down yet another notch. They really need to improve the grounding scheme on this thing. So, I use a high quality external phantom power source, and don't use the high-pass filter. Some of the pots are loose, as if they might pop off here soon. This is all a quality control issue with Allen and heath, not zzounds. Over all, the board is doing what I needed it to do, and that is sit there and be quiet– pun intended! So long that I do not engage a filter of any kind.

"ONLY RECORDS 2 CHANNELS TO USB" submitted January 26, 2013

By Jake A in New York, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years, multi-instrumentalist, frequent live band performances and recordings.
Music Style: rock, electronic, experimental, acoustic, psychedelic, ambient
Overall: I love this mixer, and it has served phenomenally in live performance applications, but I bought it with the mistaken impression that I could use it to record at least 6 tracks simultaneously through the USB port into my recording software, to be mixed separately on the computer. It cannot! You can make an analog mix of your 6 tracks on the mixer and send that in, but you get 2 tracks to work with on the computer. That's it. Very disappointed, and pretty sure I can't return it at this point. bummed. :(

"Go Get it!!" submitted September 26, 2011

Music Style: Variety
Sound: Very clean. I like it. Feature: I was very happy, I returned it and upgraded to the ZED14FX. Ease of Use: Somewhat easy but the manual can be upgraded like how mackie does their manual. Quality: Only tried it foe a couple weeks, but it feels pretty well built. Value: Awesome value for quality Manufacturer Support: Did not use support The Wow Factor: Love the way it looks, it's practicallity,function and it seems like it's built to last. Overall: I loved it so I upgraded to the ZED14 right away. It it gets lost/stolen I will be heartbroken and buy the same one next time.

"Nice little mixer, great value, excellent sound quality." submitted August 30, 2012

By Brent A in Tipp City, OH
Overall
Overall: I bought this little mixer for three purposes: mixing for band practice sessions, streaming ipod music through my powered speakers, and interfacing with Sonar to record music track by track. This mixer does all three things well and the sound quality is great. Getting it to work with Sonar required installing the free ASIO4ALL utility.

"awesome addition to my gear!" submitted April 27, 2014

By Sid M in toledo, OH
Musical Background: I've been dj-ing for 18 yrs
Music Style: rock, reggae, house, tejano, top 40, soca, calypso, country, hip hop, old school, etc.
Overall: Outstanding addition to my gear!!! The sound quality is really great!

"Clean, quiet, musical pres and built like a tank!" submitted February 19, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Live Sound Engineer, Semi-Pro Musician
Music Style: Just about anything but primarily rock
Sound: The pre amps alone are worth the price of admission. They are clean, quiet, musical and are good enough to use for recording if you have a good sound card or interface. They are the best small format pres I have heard so far and beat the heck out of Mackies and the SoundCraft small format mixers. The FET DI inputs on channels 3 & 4 actually work quite well on Bass guitar. Haven't had a chance to use them much on guitar, but I tried running the line out of my VBT1 into one of them with interesting results. The EQ sections sounds fine, although I tend to run things flat because I use it primarily as recording sub mixer for drums and such. The FX are limited but quite usable for live and if you want just a touch of reverb on the monitors or even recording. Feature: Very nice feature set. I really appreciate the mic level main out capability for chaining to another mixer. The extensive routing capabilities are extremely useful. The primary downside is no mute buttons, but it really isn't a problem, more a matter of convenience. As for the USB, I really don't use it because it is a 1.1 interface and is limited to 16 bits, but if that is all you need it is fine. Ease of Use: Plug and play! The routing paths being printed on the mixer makes it really easy to set up in a hurry. Quality: This thing is built like a tank! While a tad small (hey, it's a small mixer!), all the knobs and switches have a very good feel. The rotary controls are nicely damped and are very smooth. You feel like you are using a much larger, more expensive mixer. The Zed10's are bit more expensive than some similar models, but if you get one, you will know why the minute you open the box. I just want to add ZZounds did me a great deal with their price matching and I got the FX unit cheaper than the non-FX. Take advantage of their price matching! I have become a hard core ZZounds fan! Value: This is one of the best mixers for the money there is. And like I said, with the ZZounds price matching, I got an amazing price but it also enabled me to get that price from a company I trust. I don't know how much ZZounds will want me to say, but let's just say for $229, you would have to pay far more to equal the quality, sound, and features.... Manufacturer Support: Contacted them about some compatibility issues and they responded promptly and not with a form email. The Wow Factor: It is attractive and well made. Overall: I expect this thing to be around for a looooong time. My next purchase will be to get more inputs, but after my experience with this small format Allen Heath, I will definitely look at them first for my next mixer.

When you call, mention priority code 175Q-NVSQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976