zZounds $250,000 Gear for Life Giveaway
- When will the winner be chosen?
- Drawing will take place on or about May 15, 2013.
- When can I sign up for the contest?
- The promotion begins on June 28, 2012 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST), and ends on April 30, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST).
No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited, including all states requiring registration (including, but not limited to New York, Florida and Rhode Island).
Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States to legal United States residents at least 21 years old. Employees and directors of zZounds Music, LLC, ("Sponsor"), their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and their advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of the households of such employees and directors (whether or not related) are not eligible. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
By participating directly on zZounds' website or on any other website, you agree that your registration and other information may be shared by zZounds and that other website (and any parent or subsidiary companies). Should you access the zZounds web site to participate in this Sweepstakes by clicking on an icon or other link on another web site, by submitting the registration form you agree that the information you provide as part of the registration can be used by zZounds and/or its affiliates to send you promotional materials about zZounds and the sweepstakes. You may opt-out of the receipt of any or all email or communications by following the directions in the email or contacting that site. Should you opt-out, it will not affect your participation, or chances to win, in this Sweepstakes. During the Promotional Period, however, you may nevertheless receive emails which zZounds deems are related to the Sweepstakes and related programs in its sole discretion. Sponsor must be able to contact you via the e-mail address you provided within the 30-days prior to the sweepstakes drawing for the purposes of confirming eligibility and contact information.
3. Promotional Period:
Promotion begins on June 28, 2012 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET), and ends on April 30, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET). A day begins at 12:00:01 a.m. (ET) and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET).
(a) To enter, access the zZounds Music, LLC, web site at www.zZounds.com, either directly or by clicking on the icons, banners, or text links on any affiliated web sites promoting the sweepstakes. For one entry into the drawing, complete the registration form (which may be one or more pages) and click-on the submit button (which may appear one or more times and may be labeled other than "Submit"). By registering, you agree that you would like to receive more information about zZounds.com. (You may opt-out of the receipt of such information at anytime by following the instructions in the email or as indicated on the web site). You may enter only once for the sweepstakes by following the initial Sweepstakes directions. Registrants may be granted additional chances to win during the course of the sweepstakes through special offers from the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes rules to address special offers, as developed by the sponsor. Entries must be received by April 30, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET). Any other attempt at Internet or email entry is void.(b) Limit one entry per person and one entry per e-mail address. The Sponsor will attempt, to the best of its ability, to eliminate multiple entries, except as allowed under provisions of special offers made during the sweepstakes. Any attempt by any person to obtain multiple entries by using multiple/different email accounts or any other methods may void all of that person's entries and that person may be disqualified. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries or email; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, any technical error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
Contest participants will be given a unique combination of four game pieces featuring pictures of zZounds products. There will be one main drawing to be posted on the zZounds website on or about May 15, 2013. Anyone who matches exactly two game pieces will be awarded a $25 gift certificate from zZounds. Anyone who matches three game pieces will be awarded a $2,500 gift card. The grand prize for matching all four cards will win $250,000 Gear for Life (as described in the next section). If no $250,000 Gear for Life prize is claimed, one entrant will be selected at random to win the consolation prize of $100,000 Gear for Life. The drawing will be posted as a video on zZounds' website. All winners must claim their prizes by submitting the accompanying form on the video drawing page. If no $250,000 Gear for Life prize is claimed, we will contact the winner of the $100,000 consolation prize.
(1) Grand Prize: "$250,000 Gear for Life" award, consisting of $5,000.00 of products sold by the Sponsor on its website per year for the remaining lifetime of the winner or 50 years (whichever comes first). (2) Consolation Prize (in the event that no Grand Prize is claimed) "$100,000 Gear for Life" award, consisting of $2,000.00 of products sold by the Sponsor on its website per year for the remaining lifetime of the winner or 50 years (whichever comes first). For the purposes of these awards, the gear awarded each year is to be valued at the manufacturer's suggested retail price at the time of the annual redemption including the Sponsor's standard shipping and handling charges. In the event of any ambiguity over the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer's suggested retail price will be 1.35 times the currently advertised zZounds selling price (on zZounds.com). In the event of any dispute over the standard shipping and handling charges, Sponsor will apply actual ground shipping charges.The annual redemption period will last at least one week per year, to be determined at the discretion of the Sponsor and subject to change over time. (3) Alternate prizes: $2,500 gift card and (4) $25 gift card. Prizes (3) and (4) will be redeemable as standard gift cards available for purchase on the zZounds website. Products awarded will be provided by zZounds and/or its affiliates and are subject to availability. Certain restrictions may apply. Only products that are in stock during the redemption period (at the time of the winner's annual redemption request) shall be eligible to be chosen, and the Sponsor may choose to limit the selection of products further based on other criteria or in its discretion without any prior notice to the winner other than in response to a redemption request. The winner must be alive during this annual redemption period each year in order to be eligible for the award for that year.The award is not transferable and can only be redeemed by the living winner. It is the winner's responsibility to learn of the Sponsor's redemption procedures and comply with them each year. Any award redeemed partially or not redeemed in a given year will be held over to the subsequent year only. Any amount not redeemed in full the subsequent year will be forfeited. Estimated Approximate Retail Value: (1) $250,000.00, (2) $100,000.00, (3) $2,500, (4) $25. The approximate retail values of (1) and (2) are estimated based on an expected remaining life of the winner of 50 years with the winner redeeming the award in full each year. The actual value will vary depending on the actual remaining lifetime of the winner and the winner's pattern of redemption. The actual value will not be known until the winner dies. The approximate retail value is not meant to guarantee the winner, winner's spouse, or inheritors any specific cash value of the award, and no cash alternative is offered. Once the winner has died, the Sponsor has no further obligations.Any expense not specified is the sole responsibility of the winner. WINNER MUST COOPERATE WITH THE SPONSOR'S PROCEDURE FOR REDEMPTION EACH YEAR IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE AWARD EACH YEAR, AND ANY COSTS WHICH EXCEED THE STATED AWARD ALLOWANCE ARE THE WINNER'S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY. Other restrictions on the award may apply and are subject to change. If winner cannot accept the entire prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner to be chosen by the Sponsor in accordance with the rules for the Drawing. Actual value depends on many factors only partially explained, and difference between actual value and stated value will not be awarded. Odds of winning: (1) 1 in 100,000,000, (2) depends on the number of eligible entries received, (3) 1 in 1,000,000, (4) 1 in 10,000. Taxes are the sole responsibility of winner, and the winner must supply all information required by the Sponsor for compliance with applicable tax laws prior to release of any and all prize installments. The Sponsor may at any point elect to make a cash payment to the winner for the expected net present value of the award. In this case, the cash payment would be calculated using standard techniques for net present value and based on a life expectancy for the winner assumed to be 78 years, a discount value of the greater of 8.0% or the prevailing rate of inflation as calculated by any government agency, and a cash vs. merchandise discount of 55% of the retail price of the remaining goods to be given away.
7. General Conditions.
Winners must complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within 10 days of notification. Failure to return documents timely, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if any winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected if need be. By accepting prize, where permitted by law, winners grant to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to Sponsor's authority (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) the right to use and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. Entrants, by participating, release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, other sites promoting the Sweepstakes, and their parents, affiliates, subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Sweepstakes related activity, or participation in this Sweepstakes.Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes or web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the web site, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and the disqualification of any entrant using any such methods. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple users having the same email account, the dispute will be resolved in the sole discretion of the sponsor. In all circumstances, the winner will be deemed to be a participant and must comply with these rules or forfeit the prize.
8. Limitations of Liability:
Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or technical failure or unauthorized access to the web site. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading or copying materials from or use of the web site. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason, for example but not limited to, of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winner from entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor . IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, OTHER SITES PROMOTING THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITES www.zZounds.com or OTHER WEBSITES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Arbitration/Choice of Law:
Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, with arbitration proceedings to be held in Bergen County New Jersey, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Sponsor and/or companies performing promotions in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Bergen County, NJ.
10. Winners List:
For name of winners, visit www.zZounds.com. The name of the winner will be posted at least through June 30, 2013.
Sponsored by: zZounds Music, LLC, 8 Thornton Road, Oakland, NJ 07436.
Complete Rules: By entering into this drawing, the participant accepts the rules and limitations of liability described above. If any of the terms of the Sweepstakes rules are declared to be unenforceable, all other terms will remain in force.