Zoom U-22 Portable Handy Audio InterfaceThe Zoom U-22 is the essential mobile recording and performance interface, with an innovative 2-in/2-out ultra-portable design that makes it easy to connect to a laptop or an iPhone/iPad and create great-sounding audio anywhere.
The interface features a high-performance, low-noise mic preamp so you can record vocals, instruments, and more with pristine sound quality--at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The U-22 delivers the same excellent sound as our U-44 and U-24, with an even more compact form factor.
Innovative Handy DesignThe U-22 can be bus-powered via USB and its compact form factor is perfect for use with a laptop or iPhone/iPad*. The innovative design provides quick access to connectors, knobs, and controls for effortless setup and operation.
* Requires 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power, plus an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter for connection to iPhone/iPad.
Pristine Recording and PlaybackThe U-22 features a single high-performance, low-noise mic preamp--the same as our acclaimed H6 Handy Recorders--with less than -120 dBu EIN, as well as recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. You can also use the U-22 as a studio-quality headphone amp and listen to your favorite music in full fidelity.
Get ConnectedThe U-22's XLR/TRS combo input can be used to record with a microphone or line-level source, with 48V phantom power, and Hi-Z support for connecting a guitar or bass. The U-22 is also equipped with a mini stereo input so you can record an iPhone/iPad, mixer, or other portable audio device.
*The U-22 can record one input at a time. When recording from the LINE IN jack, the XLR/TRS combo input is disabled.
Power Your Live PerformanceThe U-22 is the perfect audio companion for musicians who incorporate digital audio processing or pre-recorded sound elements into their live performances. Connect your interface to a laptop or iPhone/iPad, pull up software effects or a looper, and send your processed signal to a mixer or the house PA via RCA stereo outputs.
Zero-Latency MonitoringFor zero-latency recording and mixing, the U-22's direct monitoring switch allows you to hear your signal before it passes through the computer. Separate RCA output jacks and an independent headphone output provide multiple options for monitoring.
Create More with Your U-22When you combine the U-22 with Ableton Live 9 Lite, you have everything the modern music creator needs. This combination lets you record tracks quickly and intuitively, enhancing them with studio-quality effects like EQ, compression, reverb, delay, chorus, filter, and more.
Features:- Stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPhone/iPad
- Connect to iPhone/iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or
- Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter (sold separately), plus 2 AA batteries
- or optional AC adapter for power
- XLR/TRS input with high-performance mic preamp
- High-quality recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Approximately 5 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Hi-Z support
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Dedicated RCA L/R and headphone outputs
- Gain control knob for Mic/Hi-Z input
- +48V phantom power
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
Here's what comes with the U-22:
- Operation manual
- Ableton Live 9 Lite software download code
- USB Cable
Optional U-22 accessories:
- Zoom AD-17 power supply
- Zoom AIH-1 Audio Interface Holder
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Zoom products.
- Connector: XLR/TRS combo jack (XLR: 1 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
- Input gain: 0 - 43 dB
- Input impedance: 2.6 k Ohm (MIC) 484 k Ohm (Hi-Z)
- Maximum input level: -0.8 dBu (MIC) /+8.7 dBu (Hi-Z)
- Phantom power: +48V
- ANALOG IN: LINE IN
- Connector: Stereo mini jack
- Input impedance: 22 kOhm
- Maximum input level: +1.0 dBu
- ANALOG OUT: OUTPUT L/R
- Connector: RCA (coaxial)
- Maximum output level: -0.8 dBu (at 0 dBFS) (into 10 kOhm load)
- Output impedance: 1 kOhm
- ANALOG OUT: PHONES
- Connector: Standard stereo phone jack mW x 2 (into 32 Ohm load)
- Output impedance: 10 Ohm
- Frequency characteristics:
- At 44.1 kHz: +/-1.5dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- At 96 kHz: +/-2 dB: 20 Hz - 40 kHz
- Input conversion noise: Measured EIN: -120 dB or less (IHF-A) at 43 dB, 150 Ohm input
- Number of audio recording and playback channels:
- Recording: 2 channels
- Playback: 2 channels
- Sampling frequencies: 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Bit depth: 24-bit
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Power Source: USB bus power (Type B)
- Zoom AD-17 (Micro-B)
- DC 5V power supply (Micro-B)
- 2 AA batteries (About 5 hours continuous operation with phantom power off)
- Power consumption: 5W maximum
- Dimensions: 119.2 mm (D) x 91.8 mm (W) x 44.6 mm (H)
- Weight (main unit only): 151 g
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 631-784-2200