One of the hottest trends in video production is to use DSLR cameras such as the Canon 5D and 7D or the Nikon D90. Filmmakers and video professionals love these cameras because they can shoot amazing HD video. And with the breadth of 35mm lenses available, this approach makes digital video look like film. But as great as their video looks, these DSLR cameras have limited audio recording capability.
- Built-in X/Y stereo mics record at either 90* or 120*
- Four channel simultaneous recording using built-in and external mics
- Digitally controlled, high-quality mic preamp for better DSLR audio
- Large 1.9-Inch LCD screen and improved user interface for easy operation
- 24bit/96kHz Linear PCM recording for pristine recording
- Built-in reference speaker to check recordings
- Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) compatible time stamp and track marker
- Records on SD/SDHC media of up to 32GB for maximum recording time
- Stamina mode enables 10 hours of continuous battery life
- Built-in mounting joint for tripod and mic stand mounting
- USB 2.0 port for faster file transfer
- XLR mic inputs with phantom power allow recording with any mic
- Studio effects onboard, including guitar and bass amp modeling
- USB audio interface capability
- Low-cut filter to reduce noise
- Normalizing and file splitting functions
- Mono mix function
- Optional remote control available
Enter the Zoom H4n
For better DSLR audio, the H4n has quickly become the "go to" solution because of its incredibly sensitive onboard mics and 4-channel recording capabilities. The Zoom H4n makes better DSLR audio possible by using a boom mic with its Channel 1 XLR input, a wireless lavalier on its Channel 2 XLR and incredible stereo imaging with its onboard mics, all at once.
Who Needs Time Code?
In addition to better DSLR audio with the H4n, the H4n's internal clock is extremely precise so there is no drift on short clips. For longer shots, the audio and video sync is performed during editing using software like Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. For these applications, we recommend PluralEyes by Singular Software. PluralEyes saves hours in post-production for "dualsystem audio" or multi-take workflows. It automatically synchronizes all your audio and video clips without the need for timecode, clappers or any special preparation.
The award winning Zoom H4n is the most popular choice for better DSLR audio. It delivers superior audio quality and has an easy user interface. The H4n's highly sensitive mics and four channel recording ability with built-in XLR jacks in combination with its digitally controlled, high-quality preamplifier renders audio so precise, it sounds like you recorded in a world-class studio, even on location...
- Zoom H4n Handy Portable Digital Recorder
- Audio-Technica ATH-M20 Closed-Back Stereo Monitor Headphones
- Centon SDHC Secure Digital High Capacity Memory Card (4GB)
- DelvCam Camera Mount Adapter
zZounds is an authorized dealer of