Zoom B1Xon Bass Multi-Effects Pedal
Step into the spotlight with the Zoom B1Xon. It offers dozens of DSP effects and amp models, plus effects chaining, onboard chromatic tuner, rhythm patterns, looping, and a built-in expression pedal. Use the pedal for gain, to add wah or filtering, or to affect delay time or modulation speed.
A Buffet of Bass Effects
The B1Xon offers 80 bass effects, including a variety of distortion, compression, modulation, delay, reverb and amp models, along with a number of pedal-controlled effects.
Up to five effects can be used simultaneously, chained together any way you like. In addition, there are 68 built-in rhythm accompaniment patterns, and you can connect headphones to the output jack (as well as portable music players to the auxiliary input jack) for silent practice sessions. An onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard bass tunings, and a Looper feature allows you to record up to 30 seconds of CD-quality audio. Loop length can be set either manually or to a preset number of quarter notes, and you can loop to any rhythm pattern, with automatic quantization that ensures seamless start and end times.
The Sounds of Great Bass Gear
The B1Xon allows you to choose from 80 different onboard DSP effects, including 5 pedal-controlled effects. These include compressors, noise gates, filters, equalizers and octave dividers. There are simulations of both classic and modern pedals such as the Aphex Punch Factory, MXR DynaComp, dbx 160A, BBE Sonic Maximizer, Moog MF-101 and Z. Vex Seek-Wah. Original effects include Zoom's Noise Reduction (ZNR) algorithm, a bass frequency-specific Auto-Wah and a "talking" modulator. You'll also find over a dozen delays and natural-sounding reverbs here, including rooms, halls, plates and an emulation of the Line6 M9 Particle Verb.
The dozen amp models include emulations of classic tube amplifiers like the Ampeg SVT, Ampeg B-15, Fender Bassman, and Marshall Super Bass. What's more, you can pair any amp model to any cabinet model for unusual, and often striking, effects.
Rythms - The Perfect Accompaniment.
Rhythm training is an important part of every bassist's craft. The B1Xon Rhythm function makes it easy and fun to do. 68 realistic-sounding rhythms are at your fingertips: PCM samples of actual drums playing real-life patterns in a variety of different genres--everything from rock to jazz, and from Emo to Motown. Dozens of quarter-note, eighth-note and sixteenth-note rhythms are provided, in 4/4, 6/8 (shuffle) and 3/4 (waltz time); for the adventurous, there's even a 5/4 groove!
The Rhythm function can also be used in conjunction with the Looper function, allowing you to craft complex orchestrations overlaying the pattern of your choice.
Edits saved. All the Time.
Finally got that perfect effect crafted, but afraid you'll lose it? It'll never happen when you use the B1Xon's handy Auto Save function. When switched on, whatever you change will automatically be saved.
Alternatively, if you'd prefer the insurance of a safety net (so that you never accidentally overwrite a patch), simply leave Auto-Save off. The B1Xon will then ask you if you want to save your edits whenever you move on to a different patch. Settings can be saved to the currently selected memory area, or to any other area, allowing you to place them where they are most convenient.
Using the B1Xon Expression Pedal
The B1Xon's built-in expression pedal allows you to alter any selected parameter in real time. You can use it for gain or volume (affecting either input or output level), to add wah or filtering, to affect delay time or modulation speed, or a variety of other parameters. In addition, the pedal range can be independently adjusted for each patch--you can even set the minimum value higher than the maximum value for reverse pedaling effects. There's also a simple calibration procedure that allows you to customize pedal sensitivity. Whether you're a feather-light player or a real lead-foot, the B1Xon can adapt to your particular pedaling style.
Get an overview of the Zoom B1Xon Bass MultiEffects Processor Pedal in this video demo:
- 80 effects, including distortion, compression, modulation, delay and reverb, plus five pedal-controlled effects)
- Up to five effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
- Built-in expression pedal for control over input level, output level, or any selected effect parameter
- 100 memory locations (10 banks of 10) for the storage of user-created patches
- Swap function makes patch organization a breeze
- Auto Save function for automatic saving of all patch parameters
- Pre Select function allows silent patch selection while keeping the current patch operational
- Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard bass tunings
- Looper feature for the recording of up to 30 seconds of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns which can be used in conjunction with the Looper
- Standard 1/4" input jack accepts standard cable (both active and passive instruments supported)
- 1/8" auxiliary input jack for connection of personal music players
- Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
- Backlit LCD with contrast control for easy viewing in low-light environments
- Runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 20 hours
- USB port for power and firmware updates
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Zoom products.