Product DescriptionThanks to Yamaha's innovative synthetic ivory keytops, the Arius YDP-162 digital piano offers pianists a textured tactile surface that absorbs dampness from the fingers like the world's finest acoustic pianos. No more slick plastic-feeling keys! Yamaha pairs the luxurious feel of synthetic ivory keys with a graded hammer-action keybed and the uncompromising stereo-sampled piano sound you'd expect from a Yamaha Arius -- reproduced in its full glory by the YDP-162's 20-watt amplifier and stereo speaker system. If you close your eyes while playing the YPD-162, you'd think you were sitting in front of a concert grand. A stunning instrument for the home, school, or house of worship, this top-quality 88-key digital piano delivers Yamaha's best in looks, sound, and feel.
The Feel of a Piano-Building TraditionYamaha has been building acoustic grand pianos for over 100 years, and you can bet that their digital pianos benefit from the experience. The first place you'll notice the Arius' noble pedigree is in Yamaha's Graded Hammer (GH) keyboard. It recreates the weight, movement and natural resistance of an acoustic piano's mechanical keys. The low notes require a heavier touch, while the high notes respond to a lighter touch -- just like the real thing. A graded keyboard is a must-have for professionals, and crucial for students to develop proper playing technique. While maintaining the gradation, the entire keyboard's touch-sensitivity is adjustable to hard, medium or soft to match a student's strength. The YPD-162 model in particular features an extra key sensor that offers superb playability for fast, repetitive-striking techniques like trill and tremolo.
The YDP-162 also includes 3 piano-style foot pedals, with half-pedal control that varies the piano's sustain length depending on how far the sustain pedal is pressed. Most digital pianos only offer an on/off damper function, but the YDP-162 recreates the subtleties of a partially engaged damper, for playing techniques once only possible on an acoustic instrument. 128-note polyphony ensures that no notes are unnaturally cut off, even when the sustain pedal is used.
The Sound of an Acoustic PianoYamaha knows how a piano is supposed to feel, but more importantly, they know how it's supposed to sound. The Arius YDP-162's PureCF sound engine was created to capture the nuanced sound of a world-class concert grand piano. Each note on the YDP-162's keyboard was recorded at multiple volumes and playing styles, so that softer notes don't just sound quieter; they sound gentler. Likewise, louder notes don't just have more volume; they have more force and presence. The YDP-162's 20-watt stereo speaker system recreates each note in stunning detail. If practice runs late, simply plug in headphones under the front panel to practice at night without disturbing the neighbors.
In addition to two expertly-sampled grand pianos, you'll find electric pianos, harpsichords, vibes, church organs and strings -- a total of 10 sounds to choose from. You can easily layer two sounds (strings and grand piano, for example), or add one of 4 types of reverb to add a sense of space and dimension to the Arius' rich sound. Yamaha added the Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC) function, where the sound quality of the YDP-162 is automatically adjusted according to the overall volume. Even when you set the volume low, the IAC allows you to hear both low sounds and high sounds with clarity.
High-Tech Tools For Teachers and StudentsThe metronome is the most fundamental of practice aids, and the Arius YDP-162 has one on board, with tempo adjustable from 5 to 280 beats per minute and six time signatures. Meanwhile, the two-track digital song recorder lets students hear their own performances -- a huge incentive for self-improvement. Using the included "50 Greats for the Piano" music book, students can play along with one of 50 pre-loaded songs, slow them down to any tempo, and practice left- and right-hand parts independently while the YPD-162 plays back the other hand's part. Using an optional USB-MIDI interface and Yamaha's free Musicsoft Downloader software, you can transfer and store up to 10 standard SMF song files from your computer on the YDP-162.
Don't forget another feature that you won't find on an acoustic piano: pitch transposition. If you're accompanying a singer or playing along with a recording in a challenging key, you can shift the entire keyboard up or down 6 semitones. It's also possible to fine-tune the pitch of the entire instrument from A=427 to 453 -- useful for playing along in tune with any recording, or playing a four-hands, two-piano duet with an acoustic piano. And of course, as a digital instrument, the Arius never requires the services of a piano tuner!
Features:- Pure CF sound engine recreates the sound of an acoustic instrument from pianissimo to fortissimo
- Graded Hammer keyboard provides natural grand-piano playability with graded key weight throughout the keyboard range
- Beautiful black or rosewood-finish cabinet is easy to assemble
- Music stand, comfortable padded bench, power adapter, and "50 Greats for the Piano" music book included
- 128 note polyphony
- On-board 2-track recorder records standard MIDI format
- Built-in metronome
- 50 included songs with Part Cancel function -- learn a right-hand or left-hand part individually, as the piano plays the other hand's part
- MIDI In and Out jacks provide connectivity with any MIDI-compatible software and hardware
- Transpose +/-6 semitones, plus fine-tuning control
- 10 voices: grand pianos, electric pianos, harpsichords, organs, vibes and strings can handle any style of music
- 4 types of reverb provide spacious, dimensional sound
- 2 headphone jacks for rehearsing with a student or duet partner, plus a handy headphone hanger
- Powerful 20-watt stereo speaker system
Power Supply: AC adapter (Included)
Note: Some assembly required.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Yamaha products.
- Dimensions: Width: 1,357 mm
- Height: 845 mm
- Depth: 422 mm
- Weight: Weight: 42kgControl Interface:
- Keyboard: Number of Keys: 88
- Type: GH (Graded Hammer) keyboard with Synthetic ivory keytops
- Touch Sensitivity: Hard, Medium, Soft, Fixed
- Pedal: Number of Pedals: 3
- Half Pedal: Yes
- Functions: Damper, Sostenuto, Soft
- Panel: Language: EnglishCabinet:
- Sliding Key cover
- Music RestVoices:
- Tone Generation: Piano Sound: Pure CF Sound Engine
- Polyphony: Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Preset: Number of Voices: 10Effects:
- Damper Resonance
- Intelligent Acoustic ControlSongs:
- Preset: Number of Preset Songs: 10 Demo Songs, 50 Piano Preset Songs
- Recording: Number of Songs: 1
- Number of Tracks: 2
- Compatible Data Format: Playback: Standard MIDI File (SMF) Format 0&1
- Recording: Standard MIDI File (SMF) Format 0Functions:
- Miscellaneous: Dual/Layers: Yes
- Duo: Yes
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 280
- Transpose: -6 to 0, 0 to +6
- Tuning: YesStorage and Connectivity:
- Storage: Internal Memory: User song : One song approx. 100 KB Loading song data from a computer : Up to 10 songs; Total maximum size approx. 900KB
- Connectivity: Headphones: x 2
- USB TO HOSTAmplifiers and Speakers:
- Amplifiers: 20W x 2
- Speakers: Oval (12cm x 6cm) x 2
- Acoustic Optimizer: YesPower Supply:
- Power Supply: AC power adaptor : PA-300 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha
- Power Consumption: 13W (when using the PA-300)
- Auto Power Off: YesAccessories:
- Bench Included
- Song Book: 50 Greats for the Piano
- Owner's Manual, Quick Operation Guide
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Polished Ebony
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 714-522-9011
Product DescriptionWith Graded Hammer action and Synthetic Ivory keytops, the Yamaha Arius YDP-162 Digital Home Piano gives pianists a tactile surface reminiscent of the keys found on the very finest pianos. A powerful 20W stereo amplifier and its PureCF sampling more expressively delivers Yamaha's CFIIIS concert grand piano tone. The 88-key Arius YDP162 is for any player who wants the best in sound and feel at home! Includes bench.
Authentic tone deserves a classic touchSuitable for advanced players as well as beginners, the Graded Hammer action with Synthetic Ivory Keytops is weighted to match the resistance of hammers in a grand piano. Synthetic Ivory Keytops give that porous, tactile feel you would only expect from an acoustic piano manufacturer like Yamaha. Its surface absorbs finger moisture allowing serious players to comfortably play for longer periods of time.
Piano quality only possible from YamahaThe PureCF Sound Engine of the Arius YDP162 starts with a meticulous recording of Yamaha's acclaimed concert grand piano. This recording contains a number of dynamic levels from pianissimo to fortissimo, so you can experience the delicate touch of a soft passage or the pure power of two-handed chords.
Aspire to greater heightsAt 33 inches, the YDP162 is taller than previous Yamaha Arius models. Not only does this greater cabinet size give a more substantial upright piano look to the YDP-162, but it also helps deliver deeper piano sound acoustically.
Optimal tone at any volume levelThe Acoustic Optimizer is a unique Yamaha technology. Using a special design and position within the instrument, the Acoustic Optimizer physically adjusts the acoustical flow, which controls resonances and enriches the overall sound. The combination of Acoustic Optimizer and digital technologies provides an incredibly expressive capability.
Capture your performanceThe built-in, 2-track song recorder is a great way to capture a performance and play it back to hear your progress. You can also record the right and left hands separately for hands-separate practicing at any tempo you're comfortable with. Now you can practice one hand, while the Arius YDP162 plays the other.
Discover an inspiring combinationCombine two Voices together, like piano and strings, for an inspiring playing experience. Nothing livens up piano practice like playing a piece with a different sound, and combining two sounds together takes that creativity a step further.
A piano with its own repertoire50 classic piano songs are provided in the built-in song memory and also as a music book, "50 Greats for the Piano." Learn how to play these pieces at your own pace either one hand at a time or at a reduced tempo. Or just listen to the beauty of these pieces, recorded by the hands of a master.
The power to be heardWith over 3-times the power of lesser models, the Yamaha Arius YDP162 digital piano's 20-Watt amplifier provides enough sound to fill the largest of rooms in a typical household. The resulting sound is much larger than you'd expect from a digital piano of this size.
Features:- 88-key Graded Hammer action matches the resistance of hammers on a grand piano
- Synthetic Ivory Keytops give a porous, tactile feel and its surface absorbs finger moisture
- PureCF Sound Engine features meticulous recordings of Yamaha's concert grand piano
- Larger cabinet size for deeper piano sounds
- Acoustic Optimizer adjusts the acoustical flow which controls resonances and enriches the overall sound
- Built in 2-track recorder for capturing your performance
- Layering capabilities for stacking sounds on top of eachother
- 50 classic piano songs are provided in the built-in song memory