Yamaha PSR-OR700 Oriental/PersianThe PSR-OR700 Arranger Workstation from Yamaha features some very cool content, dedicated Scale Setting panel buttons for on-the-fly scale tuning, MegaVoice and Modeling Technology, and USB jack for connecting peripheral storage devices. The keyboard has 61 touch-sensitive keys, 96-note polyphony, 314 accompaniment Styles featuring 146 special World Styles, large screen, a special selection of World Voices and 22 Drum Kits.
Scale Setting Panel ButtonsThe PSR-OR700 has an intuitive control section located on the left side of the panel for changing tuning on the fly. Designed to be incredibly flexible, the player simply presses one or more tuning buttons to, for example, lower that note a quarter tone. Below the tuning buttons are memory buttons for instant recall of the player's favorite or most used tuning settings.
MegaVoicesFirst introduced in Tyros, MegaVoice brings a new level of realism to the PSR-OR700 keyboard. The MegaVoices feature various playing techniques and performance sounds - such as finger slides and fret noise on guitar Voices - designed specifically to enhance playback of the built-in Styles. Simply hold down a chord while you play, and enjoy some of the most astonishingly realist, expressive accompaniment you've ever heard.
USB connectivityThe PSR-OR700 has 2 USB ports on the back, USB TO HOST and USB to DEVICE.
- USB to HOST is plug and play simple for recording and playing back MIDI files from your computer.
- USB to DEVICE is for connecting optional peripheral USB devices like floppy disk drives, thumb drives and hard drives for storing data like song and Style files.
Large 5.7" ScreenBigger screens convey more information. The screen on the PSR-OR700 is able to show you mixer settings at a glance, the chords you are playing, what sounds are on the right and left side of the keyboard, what Style or MIDI file is currently playing, virtual drawbars, score and lyrics. The bottom line is that since it's your window into how the music is being created, you might as well make it a big one.
Virtual Drawbar OrganFor that great vintage organ sound, the Organ Flutes on the PSR-OR700 use Modeling Technology - independently oscillating voices to simulate the rotating tone generation wheels found in classic organs. In true Yamaha fashion, you can select the organ type, control nine virtual drawbars, rotary speed and type, percussive attack and length and vibrato on/off, depth and speed. Then, save your settings and recall your favorite organ voices with one button push.
Ease of OperationThere are many tools in the keyboard that make it easy to be a power user from the first day you own it.
- Direct Access button: Press this button and the parameter you would like to adjust, for example pitch bend, and the LCD screen instantly goes there. Saves wading through menus and sub-menus.
- Music Finder: Complete keyboard setups by song title. The keyboard selects an appropriate voice for the right hand melody, the correct musical style and the correct tempo. Simply call up a song title and start playing.
- Quick record: To record a song, just press the Record button. Recording starts as soon as you start playing the keyboard and will record everything you play - the Style, Left & Layer Voices and Multi pads - or a single track.
- One Touch Setting (OTS): Provides you with a recommended voice with effects for each section of a Style (4 per style). Can be set to change automatically or you can select one of the four buttons. For example, on a jazz style, one OTS might be piano, the next jazz guitar with a little echo, the third sax with reverb and the forth might be piano and vibes layered.
- Multi Pads: These four buttons change to match the genre of each Style (or you can change them yourself) and can be used to play a number of short pre-recorded rhythmic and melodic sequences that can be used to add impact and variety to your keyboard playing. Translation: MIDI-Loops.
- Demo: In addition to the main demos showing some of the more advanced features found in the keyboard, there is also a short demo for every sound.
- Mixing Console: To change voices, adjust levels, panning, transpose, tuning, pitch bend and effects on various tracks or parts that you play, simply press the Mixing Console button and make adjustments using graphical representations of rotary pots and faders.
- Registration Memory: Set the keyboard up just the way you like and take a digital snapshot by memorizing it to one of the Registration buttons. Load and save banks of eight registrations to User memory, SmartMedia or USB device. The eight Registration buttons are conveniently located just above the keyboard.
- Performance assistant technology: Guarantees that you can't play a wrong note. Here's how it works. Select an XF compatible song, press the Performance Assistant button and every note you play will fit the music. If you move up the keyboard, the pitch goes up. If you move down, the pitch goes down. Play a perfect arpeggio, or play chords in time with the music, or really go for it and play a solo. As long as performance assistant is on, you're on.
A Keyboard With More StyleThe PSR-OR700 features Styles (accompaniment patterns) in a variety of Western musical genres including Rock, Dance, Jazz, Latin, and World genres like Arabic, Maghrebi, Khaligi, Iranian, Turkish and Greek. As you play chords with your left hand, the selected Style will automatically provide drums, bass, guitar, strings, organ and other relevant musical instrument parts. This is live playing at its best.
Dynamic Voices and EffectsA keyboard can only sound as good as the speakers that reproduce its sound. The stereo speaker system in the PSR-OR700 has been specially designed to faithfully reproduce the powerful dynamics and subtle overtones of the onboard voices and music styles. The keyboard comes with 862 Voices, is 96-note polyphonic and has 4 Effects blocks plus Reverb and Chorus. Additional sound features include a selection of special samples called MegaVoice, Sweet!, Live! and Cool! voices.
- MegaVoices bring incredible realism to the built-in accompaniment
- Sweet! voices reproduce all the natural expression and vibrato of their respective acoustic instruments
- Cool! voices feature long samples of electronically amplified instruments
- Live! voices use stereo samples to ensure the most accurate reproduction of each instrument's natural presence, resonance and vibrato
The PSR-OR700 is compatible with commercially available song/style data including:
- GM - General MIDI
- GM2 - General MIDI 2
- XG - Yamaha extended Voice set
- GS - for GS song playback
- DOC - Yamaha Disk Orchestra Collection
- SMF with lyrics - Standard MIDI File
- KAR - Karaoke files
- XF - Songs with lyrics and/or chords
- SFF - Yamaha style files
Power Supply: PA-300 Power Cord (Included)
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Yamaha products.
Keyboard: 61 Keys (C1 ~ C6) with Touch Response (Initial Touch)
Polyphony: 96 notes max.
Display: 5.7 inch QVGA B/W LCD capable of Lyric and Score display
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Sound Source: AWM Stereo Sampling
862 Preset Voices: 360 Voices + 22 Drum/SFX Kits + 480 XG Voices
Compatibility: GM, GM2, XG, GS (for song playback)
Sweet! Voices: 11
Cool! Voices: 18
Live! Voices: 14
Organ Flutes: Nine footages using modeling technology
Voice Layer: Right1, Right2 (You can layer 2 voices at a time)
Voice Split: Lower1 (with hold function)
Custom Voice: yes
Reverb: 34 Preset + 3 User
Chorus: 29 Preset + 3 User
DSP 1: 191 Preset + 3 User
DSP 2 ~ 4: 106 Preset + 10 User
Poly/Mono: Yes - Portamento Time is adjustable in Mono Mode
Harmony/Echo: 17 Presets
Master EQ (5 Band): 5 Presets + 2 User
Part EQ (2 Band): 28 Parts (R1, R2, Left, Style x 8, Song x 16, Multi Pads)
Touch Response: Initial touch on/off
Tempo: 5 ~ 500, Tap Tempo
Master Tuning: 414.8 ~ 440Hz ~ 466.8
Scale Tunings: Equal Temperament, Bayat, Rast, Pure Major, Pure Minor, Pythagorean, Mean-Tone, Werckmeister, Kirnberger
Transpose: -12 ~ 0 ~ 12 (Assignable Keyboard/Song/Master)
Upper Octave: -1, 0 +1
Part Octave: -2, -1, 0, +1, +2
Real-time Controllers: Pitch Bend Wheel, Modulation Wheel
Preset Styles: 314 Preset Styles in 11 Categories + User Category Pro Styles: 302; Session Styles: 12
User Styles: Save to User Drive or USB Drive
Control: Accompaniment On/Off, OTS Link, Auto Fill in, Intro x 3, Fill In x 4, Break x 1, Main Sections x 4, Ending x 3, Fade In/Out, Tap Tempo, Sync Start, Sync Stop, Ritardando
Parts: 8 Parts with full mixer control
Fingering Types: Single Finger, Multi Finger, Fingered, On Bass, Full Keyboard, AI (Artificial Intelligence) Fingered, AI Full Keyboard
- Controls: 4 Pads + Stop + Bank Select
- Preset: 80 Banks X 4 Pads
- User Programmable: Save to User Drive or USB Drive
Quick Access Memory
One-Touch Setting: 4 per Style - Fully Programmable
Music Finder: Over 1000 preset setups by song title, fully programmable
Registration Memory: 8 Buttons + Banks + Freeze Function (Save to User Drive or USB Drive)
Compatibility: General MIDI 2 (SMF 0,1) with Lyrics, XG, KAR, XF, Scorch, Tune 1000, GS
Selection: Quick Start mode plus Next Song mode
Song Recording: Save to User Drive or USB Drive
Tracks: 16 tracks internally. 32 track playback from computer over USB.
Recording: Quick Rec., Multi-track Rec., Step Rec., Song Editing
Capacity: Approx. 30,000 Notes
Lyric: Lyrics Display (For MIDI files that have lyrics)
Score: Zoom in/out, User can select which tracks to display; Note Name, Lyric & Chord Display On/Off, display key, quantize
Guide: Modes: Follow Lights, Any Key, Karao-Key
Performance assistant technology: Yes. Works with XF files (songs with embedded chord information).
User Drive: 560 KB
USB Disk Drive: Optional floppy, thumb or hard drive via USB to DEVICE jack
USB to DEVICE: 1 jack for connecting USB storage devices like floppy disk drives, thumb drives, hard drives and CD-ROM drives (read only). Maximum 2 storage devices at a time using a self-powered USB hub.
USB to HOST: 1 jack for MIDI x 2
MIDI: MIDI In/Out
Foot Control - User Function Assignable: Foot Pedal 1 Default Sustain / 2 DSP Variation
- Line Out R, L/L+R
- Aux In R, L/L+R
- Amplifier 12 W x 2
- Speakers (12 cm + 5 cm) x 2
Dimensions (WxDxH): 39 5/8 x 17 1/8 x 5 7/8 in. (1003 x 433 x 148 mm) Without Music Rest
Weight: 25 lbs., 5 5/8 oz. (11.5 kg)
Power Supply: PA-300 Power Cord (Included)
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 714-522-9011