Yamaha P2500S Power AmplifierThe P-Series amps are an ideal match to Yamaha's popular Club Series loudspeakers and deliver a robust amount of pro quality power in a wide range of configurations designed to suit most any need. To achieve this, they're designed with big power output, and equipped with YS (Yamaha Speaker) Processing to deliver a signal that is tuned to the needs of the Club Series loudspeakers. All models feature both XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs and Neutrik Speakon (tm), 1/4", and 5-way binding post outputs to make connections quick and easy. Other features include Yamaha's exclusive EEEngine technology which delivers high performance with exceptional efficiency, sweepable high and low pass filters for optimizing output to any loudspeakers, compact and durable 2U chassis, and variable speed cooling fans.
Big Output Power Delivered with Great EfficiencyThe P-Series Power Amplifiers deliver a robust amount of professional quality power in a wide range of configurations designed to suit most any need. In a 4- ohm bridged application, the P7000S delivers 3200 watts, the P5000S delivers 2600 watts, the P3500S 2000 watts, and the P2500S 1300 watts.
Those on a budget will find the lineup's high power output and affordable prices deliver higher quality without putting a strain on funds. Further savings are realized with extremely efficient operation utilizing Yamaha's exclusive EEEngine technology which keeps operational costs down by significantly reducing AC power consumption and heat generation.
The Perfect Match with Your Club SpeakersThe P-Series Power Amplifiers can be used with any loudspeaker system, but if you're using the Club Series, they will provide power and performance tailored to deliver maximum performance from your system. In an 8-ohm stereo application power output per channel on the P7000S is 700 watts, the P5000S 500 watts, the P3500S 350 watts, and the P2500S 250 watts. This wide selection lets you choose the amplifier that best matches the power handling capabilities of your speaker system.
All four models are equipped with independent sweepable high and low pass filters on each channel so you can optimize output for subwoofer or full range systems to provide peak audio quality and performance from any speaker system you may be using.
Light Weight Keeps Transport and Setup EasyLook at the specifications and you'll notice that the P2500S and P3500S are respectably light in weight making transport and setup less strenuous. What's amazing though, is the comparison in weight per watt when you look at the P5000S and P7000S. The use of a switching power supply makes these two models very lightweight while maintaining superior audio quality.
Flexible ConnectivityTo provide the most flexible connectivity possible, all four models are equipped Neutrik Speakon output jacks, and 1/4-inch output jacks for each channel in addition to 5-way binding post. Channel inputs consist of both XLR and 1/4-inch TRS jacks.
* Speakon is the registered trademark of Neutrik AG.
Other FeaturesThe P-Series' industrial design delivers a refined and impressive look with deep blue faceplates bordered in silver trim, handles, and mounts. The chassis is specially designed to provide added durability and strength. Continuously variable-speed fans mounted internally on either side of the front panel offer quiet, efficient cooling. Comprehensive protection consists of power on/off muting, DC detection, thermal protection, current limiting, and a protective cover for the attenuators is also supplied.
EEEngineEEEngine (Energy Efficient Engine) Technology makes more efficient use of AC power by reducing power consumption and heat generation without degrading output power or sound quality. When power requirements are low, the system uses a highly efficient current buffer to transparently switch input power on and off as needed. As power requirements increase, an independently responding auxiliary power line supplies additional power as required. Output isn't compromised, as the auxiliary power line is driven by the power supply voltage, which maintains maximum output to the speaker load.
YS ProcessingWith YS Processing (Yamaha Speaker Processing), you get direct compatibility with the popular Club Series loudspeaker systems. This special circuit optimizes output from the power amplifier to match the characteristics of Club Series speaker systems delivering a signal that is precisely what the speaker requires. With the YS Processing system, extra-smooth highs and enhanced low frequency from your Club Series loudspeaker system is assured.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Yamaha products.
- 1kHz, THD+N=1% 8 Ohms Stereo: 275W + 275W
- 1kHz, THD+N=1% 4 Ohms Stereo: 390W + 390W
- 1kHz, THD+N=1% 8 Ohms Bridge: 780W
- 20Hz-20kHz, THD+N=1% 8 Ohms Stereo: 250W + 250W
- 20Hz-20kHz, THD+N=1% 4 Ohms Stereo: 310W + 310W
- 20Hz-20kHz, THD+N=1% 8 Ohms Bridge: 620W
- 1kHz, 20mS nonclip 2 Ohms Stereo: 650W + 650W
- 1kHz, 20mS nonclip 4 Ohms Bridge: 1300W
- Power Bandwidth (half power): 10Hz-40kHz (THD+N=0.5%)
- THD+N (20Hz - 20kHz, half power): Maximum 0.1%
- Intermodulation Distortion (60Hz: 7kHz, 4:1, half power: Maximum 0.1%
- Frequency Response: 0dB, +0.5dB, - 1dB f=20Hz-50kHz
- Channel Separation: Minimum 70dB 1kHz
- Residual noise (Att. min.): Maximum 70dB
- S/N Ratio: 100 dB
- Damping Factor: 200 max.
- Sensitivity @8 Ohms +3dB
- Voltage Gain (Att. max): 32.1dB
- Input Impedance: 30kOhms balanced; 15kOhms unbalanced
- Front Panel: POWER switch (push on/push off) attenuator (31position) x 2
- Rear Panel: MODE switch (STEREO/BRIDGE/PARALLEL), FILTER switch (SUB WOOFER/LOW CUT/OFF) x 2, FREQ. CONTROL (25Hz-150Hz) x 2, YAMAHA SPEAKER PROCESSING switch (ON/OFF)
- Input: XLR-3-31 type/ch, 1/4 in.
- Output: SPEAKON, 5-way biding post, 1/4 in. phone/ch
- POWER: x 1 (Green)
- PROTECTION: x 1 (Red)
- TEMP: x 1 (Red) heatsink temp 85 degrees
- YS PROCESSING: x 1 (Yellow)
- SIGNAL: x 2 (Green)
- CLIP: x 2 (Red)
- POWER switch on/off mute
- DC-fault power output cut
- Thermal (heatsink temp 90 degrees C)
- VI limiter
- Limiter Circuit: Comp. THD 0.5%
- Cooling: Dual variable-speed fan / Single variable-speed fan
- Power Requirements: USA/120V 60Hz
- Idle Power Consumption: 25W
- 1/8 Power Consumption: 320W
- Maximum Power Consumption (4 Ohms): 1600W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 18-7/8 in. x 3-7/16 in. x 17-15/16 in.
- Weight: 26.5 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 714-522-9011