Product DescriptionStunning analog power for your Mac or PC tower. Ready to super-charge your Mac or PC tower with world-class analog sound? UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards provide full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive plug-ins from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL and more. The UAD-2 packages feature a user-installable PCIe-format processing card for your desktop tower or compatible expansion chassis, plus the "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle (VST/AU/RTAS), giving you vintage tone and character, right out of the box.UAD-2: The industry's most respected collection of audio plug-ins.
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment -- from rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The award-winning UAD library features 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled "Custom" and "Ultimate 2" packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins a la carte from UA's Online Store.Expandable processing power, from SOLO to OCTO.
UAD-2 DSP Accelerator cards are available in four distinct processor levels: SOLO, DUO, QUAD, and OCTO. With scalable processing power from one (SOLO) to eight (OCTO) individual Analog Devices SHARC processors, UAD DSP Accelerators offer a big mixing horsepower "boost" to your host Mac or PC workstation.
Much like a studio rack filled with dedicated analog gear, UAD PCIe cards let you reliably run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins -- no matter what the rest of your system is doing. For example, a UAD-2 OCTO can run up to 80 mono instances of our groundbreaking Studer A800 Tape Machine plug-in -- a processing task that would bring a native workstation to its knees.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate 2 software packages.UAD-2 DSP Accelerators are available as "Core," "Custom," and "Ultimate 2" software packages. The Core package includes the Analog Classics plug-in bundle (see contents above right). The Custom package includes Analog Classics bundle, plus it lets you pick any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The OCTO Ultimate 2 is UA's flagship package, and includes more than 73 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v7.3.
UAD plug-in craftsmanship: The science behind the scenes.Most people don't immediately think of audio software when they hear the word "craftsmanship." But that's what separates UAD plug-ins from the rest. One of the most common responses we hear from UAD users is, "Wow, I didn't know plug-ins could sound this good." That's because in developing UAD plug-ins, UA's engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware. This process means that we essentially "rebuild" vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. It's how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware -- bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
Features:- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins on Mac and PC towers and PCIe expansion chassis
- Access nearly 60 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Includes DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format), plus a choice of Core, Custom or Ultimate UAD plug-in packages
- Available in SOLO, DUO, QUAD, and OCTO models w/ 1, 2, 4, or 8 SHARC processors
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Includes "Analog Classics" bundle featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A and Realverb Pro plug-ins.
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, Digital Performer and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite (FireWire), and Apollo audio interface
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion and Windows 7 compatible
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Universal Audio products.
- High-bandwidth x1 PCI Express card (PCIe 2.0 compatible)
- UAD-2 SOLO: low-profile, half-height, short PCIe card (4.7" x 2.5" when fully seated)
- UAD-2 DUO/QUAD/OCTO: full-height, short PCIe card (6.6" x 4.2" when fully seated)
- 1, 2, 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz sample rate support
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
UAD Minimum System Requirements- (Win) Windows 7 64-Bit Edition w/SP1
- (Mac) OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 gigabytes available disk space
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Available FireWire 800 port* for UAD-2 Satellite, Apollo, or Apollo 16
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software
- *On Windows systems, Apollo, Apollo 16, and UAD-2 Satellite require a qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adapter card.
Operating systems not listed above are unqualified. Although unqualified operating systems may work, they are untested and unsupported. Prior UAD software for older operating systems and discontinued UAD products is available in the UAD software archives.
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 877-698-2834