Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO PCIe CardThe Universal Audio UAD-2 OCTO Core DSP Accelerator is Universal Audio's most powerful PCIe processing card, giving producers and engineers massive power for running award-winning UAD plug-ins on Mac or PC. In creating UAD plug-ins, UA's DSP engineers work with the original hardware manufacturers -- using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears -- to create fully authenticated plug-ins with all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog equipment.
The UAD-2 OCTO Core features eight SHARC processors, and easily installs into a PCIe-equipped desktop computer or compatible expansion chassis (PCIe or Thunderbolt*), giving your workstation a significant boost in audio quality and mix processing power.
The UAD-2 OCTO Core includes UA's "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, and provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Ampex, Manley, Lexicon, EMT, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, Fairchild, Harrison, Little Labs, Studer, SSL, and more (sold separately).
Fully Mac and Windows 7-compatible, the UAD-2 OCTO Core is easy to use. Just install the software, install the PCIe card, and start mixing with some of the world's finest audio plug-ins.
Features:- Flagship eight-processor DSP Accelerator Card (PCIe format) compatible with Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs
- Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
- Ideal for professional power-users running demanding projects w/ high plug-in instances and/or high sample rates
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifier, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and RealVerb Pro plug-ins
- Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), UAD-2 Satellite, and Apollo / Apollo 16 audio interfaces
- Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via a compatible chassis* (sold separately)
- VST/AU/RTAS and 64-bit compatible
- Also available as UAD-2 OCTO Custom and UAD-2 OCTO Ultimate 2 packages
*Thunderbolt connectivity is available for Mac only. Visit www.uaudio.com/support/uad for a complete list of qualified PCIe expansion and PCIe-to-Thunderbolt expansion chassis.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Universal Audio products.
Minimum System Requirements:
- (Win) Windows 7 64-Bit Edition w/ SP1
- (Mac) OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
- 2 GB available disk space
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Available FireWire 800 port for UAD-2 Satellite, Apollo, or Apollo 16
- 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 877-698-2834