The UAD2 Satellite DUO puts the world's finest analog emulation plug-ins within easy reach of FireWire 800 and 400-equipped computers, including select iMacs and MacBook Pros. In developing UAD2 plug-ins, UA's DSP engineers work with leading hardware manufacturers - using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears - to give your mixes all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog recordings. Powered by two SHARC processors, the UAD2 Satellite DUO allows you to run complex mixes, without taxing your host computer.
- The world's finest plug-in emulations of classic analog gear
- External FireWire 800 and 400 DSP accelerator unit
- Compatible with select iMacs, MacBook Pros and more
- Includes Analog Classics plug-in bundle, featuring
- LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler
- 1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers
- Pultec EQP-1A
- RealVerb Pro plug-ins
Access the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library:
- Includes: Studer, SSL, Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, and more (sold separately)
- Run complex, professional mixes without taxing host computer CPU
- (in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and more)
- High-bandwidth FireWire DSP Accelerator with 2 Analog Devices SHARC processors
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard compatible
- Combine UAD2 Satellite with other UAD-1 and UAD-2 cards in a single system
- Includes $50 voucher for plug-in purchases via UA's Online Store
- UAD v5.9 Software Has Been Released
- v5.9 adds Support for AVID Interfaces including Digi 002 and 003!!
- 1-year Limited Warranty
Bundled with the LA-2A and 1176LN Compressor/Limiters, and the Pultec EQP-1A EQ plug-ins, the UAD2 Satellite provides rich, vintage sound quality right out of the box. Of course, the UAD2 Satellite also provides easy FireWire access to the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including titles from Studer, SSL, Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Lexicon, Pultec, SPL and more (sold separately).
Compatible with select iMac and MacBook Pros, with support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD2 Satellite DUO features wide compatibility. Whether you use Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Digital Performer and more, UAD2 plug-ins can inject the character and quality of classic hardware into your mixes. Just install the software, connect the unit to an available FireWire 800 or 400 port, power up and start mixing.
Developed by the industry's premier engineering team, and backed by frequent new software and plug-in releases, the UAD2 is the processing platform of choice for many of the world's top musicians, producers and engineers.
UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators are available as 'Core' and 'Custom' software packages. The Core package includes the Analog Classics plug-in bundle. The Custom package includes Analog Classics bundle, plus it lets you pick any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Universal Audio products.
- Computer: Intel-based Mac computer
- Operating System: Mac OS 10.6.4 Snow Leopard or higher
- UAD Powered Plug-Ins version 5.8.1 or higher (included)
- FireWire: Available FireWire 800 or FireWire 400 port
- Memory: 512 MB RAM (1 GB or higher is strongly recommended)
- Storage: 250 MB available hard drive space for UAD-2
- 500 MB for combined UAD-2 plus UAD-1 install
- Display Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- Installation: CD-ROM drive or Internet connection for software installation
- Registration: Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
- Host: Compatible VST, RTAS, or Audio Units plug-in host application software
- Universal Audio UAD 2 Satellite Specifications
- Dimensions (WxLxH): 6 x 8 x 1 inches
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 4 lbs