Universal Audio Apollo 8p Quad Interface
Apollo 8p is the premium eight-preamp version of the world's most acclaimed professional recording interface for Mac and Windows -- giving project and commercial studios superior A/D and D/A conversion with the tone, feel, and realtime workflow of classic analog recording.
Built upon UA's 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo 8p distinguishes itself with eight Unison-enabled mic preamps, onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core processing, and an included bundle of award-winning UAD plug-ins -- which you can track through with near-zero latency, shaping sounds like a classic analog studio -- without taxing your host Mac or PC.
- Record with world-class Apollo A/D and D/A conversion -- as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Track with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley and more using Unison technology
- Mix with UAD plug-ins like the included Teletronix LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and 610-B Preamp
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD-2 devices over Thunderbolt, adding DSP and I/O as your studio grows
Learn more about the Apollo Thunderbolt series:
Apollo 8p vs. Apollo Twin?
Why buy a rackmount Apollo interface when there's a quad-core Apollo Twin desktop interface? The rackmount Apollo offers much more than the Twin, including a great deal more inputs and outputs -- and more features that you'll only find in rackmount Apollo interfaces:
- SPDIF coax I/O (on Apollo 8 Duo and Quad) with optional output mirroring
- 8 Virtual Paths versus 4 on Twin
- ADAT Output
- Flex Routing
- Assignable FCN switch (Dim, Alt 2)
- Two Thunderbolt ports for additional devices (UAD or computer peripheral)
- Look/Vibe of a rack unit
- Security (locked down via rack screws)
- 3 sets of possible speaker monitors vs. 2 on a Twin
- 4 cue mixes vs. 2 on a Twin
- More outputs for summing mixer or headphone amp connections
- Higher sample rates for ADAT connections
- Rackmount Apollo can send and receive word clock
- 2 additional bundled plug-ins: Fairchild 670 Legacy and Precision Hz Enhancer
Unison Technology: The Genuine Sound of Neve, API & Manley Preamps
Apollo 8p comes equipped with eight Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track larger projects through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. An Apollo exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres -- including their input impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input, and tap into the classic sounds of the world's most recorded mic preamps.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Right out of the box, Apollo 8p provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world's only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, the legendary Pultec EQs, and the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA's world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged.
From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine Fairchild 670 compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, you can tap into the full library award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins -- including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines and more -- at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software's buffer size and without taxing your computer's CPU.
With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more,it's like having an endless analog studio, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
"UAD plug-ins are amazing...I've used them on all my projects for the last few years." - Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys)
Next-Generation A/D and D/A Conversion
Of course, the heart of any audio interface is the quality of its conversion. In designing the next-generation Apollo range, UA engineers started with an obsessive auditioning of the latest A/D and D/A converters, ultimately pairing the selected 24-bit/192kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for the optimal signal path. Apollo 8p provides increased dynamic range and lower THD versus other interfaces -- rivaling dedicated converters costing thousands more.
Apollo: The Choice of New-School Professionals
Apollo 8p is the interface of choice for hit-making professionals, as used to record breakthrough albums by Kendrick Lamar (To Pimp A Butterfly), Coldplay (A Head Full of Dreams), Dr. Dre (Compton), Brad Paisley (Wheelhouse), and many more.
Build a Networked Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Apollo 8p offers 16 x 20 simultaneous inputs/outputs, with two built-in Thunderbolt ports. Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices -- adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Apollo 8p also provides seamless integration with previous generation Apollos over Thunderbolt.
Now with Vintage Amps and Stompboxes
New for Apollo 8p is Unison technology on the front panel instrument inputs, giving you dead-on, impedance-matched emulations of guitar and bass amps like the Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe, Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959, and Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier, as well as iconic stompboxes like the Ibanez Tube Screamer.
- 16 x 20 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with powerful Console 2.0 software control
- 8 Unison-enabled mic preamps for recording through exacting preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio
- Built-in UAD-2 QUAD Core allows Realtime UAD Processing -- tracking through DSP-assisted UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency, without draining CPU
- Includes "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle featuring authentic LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610 tube preamp, and more
- Next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz Apollo A/D and D/A conversion as heard on hundreds of hit records
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, and assignable Dim or Mono
- World-class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support -- on the phone and online -- from knowledgeable audio engineers
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Apollo 8p includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Universal Audio products.