TC-Helicon Play Electric Vocal Processor
A compact wonder of complete vocal and guitar processing, the TC Helicon Play Electric vocal processor allows you to rock out with confidence! The hottest vocal sounds, including perfect backing harmonies, combined with best-selling TC Electronic guitar FX and enough amp emulations to quench anyone's thirst for tone, make Play Electric the standard for singing guitarists everywhere.
What Every Singer Deserves
Keep your vocals clean with a tight reverb or simple harmony -- or go all out with tasty delays, thick doubling, edgy hard tuning, cool modulations, and raw distortions -- the choice is yours. And don't worry about setting the key for those harmonies; Play Electric follows your guitar chords automatically for harmonies that stay in tune and in time.
All-You-Can-Eat Guitar FX
Whether you're a shredder, blues picker, power soloist or a campfire chorder, Play Electric serves up tailor-made guitar FX from TC Electronic that'll light every note on fire. Electrify your guitar in bestselling effects from the Flashback Delay, Hall of Fame Reverb, and Corona Chorus TonePrint pedals. Cool compression, evocative modulation FX, and distortion/overdrive pedal emulations round out the sonic smorgasbord.
- Reverb: TC Electronic Hall Of Fame styles, Selection of Plate styles, Halls, Rooms, Springs
- Delay: TC Electronic Flashback styles, Slap Echo, Mod Echo, Tap tempo Delay, Ping Pong, Multitap, Spring Echo, Filtered Delay
- uMod: TC Electronic Corona Chorus styles, Chorus, Flanger, Detune, Rotor, Panner, Tremolo, Auto Filter
- Compressor: Subtle Tube, Subtle Sustain, Sustain Attack, Sustain Pop, Pumping
- Distortion/Overdrive (part of the Amp Modeling): TC Electronic Dark Matter Pedal, OD Pedal, Dark OD Pedal, Distortion Pedal
Personal Sound Engineer Included
Equipped with our trademark Adaptive Tone, Play Electric acts as your personal sound engineer providing the one feature no singer should be without: automatic and intelligent control of Compression, EQ, De-essing, and Gating, giving your voice the impact and presence to always stand out in the mix.
Premium Amp Tones
Lifted from the improved engine of their flagship processor -- VoiceLive 3 -- comes a powerful and comprehensive selection of amp emulations, complete with editable control of style, drive, volume and a 3-band tone stack. Ranging from vintage British to classic American these amp styles will thrill the room when bringing a heavy amp and cab isn't practical; you may even find you prefer plugging direct to the PA/monitors or an FRFR (full range frequency response) cab. If you're still rockin' it old school, the dedicated guitar output ensures signal fidelity all the way from Play Electric to your favorite amp.
- Amp Models: Clean Brit, Cali Clean, UK Clean, Deep Clean, Bright Switch, Warm, Little Thing, Chicken Picker, Brit OD, AC Crunch, Chunky Brit, Lil Champion, Chime Drive, 2x12 Combo, 4x12 Crunch, Swamptone, Nasaltone, Brown, Scooped, Metallic, TC Electronic Dark Matter Pedal, OD Pedal, Dark OD Pedal, Distortion Pedal, Acoustic (Flat), Acoustic (Shaped/BodyRez)
Intuitive Controls and Dedicated I/O
Operating and navigating Play Electric is as straightforward as it gets. Use the Up/Down footswitches or central knob to easily browse factory presets, or use the GENRE button to find styles that you like. Dedicated VOCAL FX and GUITAR FX buttons let you access effects directly, and the intuitive user interface makes editing simple and fast. Create your own library of presets with the FAVORITE feature for easy "setlist" recall.
Separate outputs for vocals and guitar make it painless for any sound engineer to mix the levels perfectly for your audience, or you can create your own custom panoramic stereo mix.
Make It a HIT
HIT is a performance-inspired feature for building intensity into any vocal performance. Press the HIT button to turn on multiple effects at once and create quick A/B scenes for each preset. Use it to add dazzling vocal effects for the chorus, or strip it down for the verse -- it's your call.
Get an overview of the TC Helicon Play Electric Vocal Harmony and Effects Processor in this video demo:
The VLOOP performance looper allows you to create complete guitar and vocal loops for solo jamming or impressive layered live performances. VLOOP is also handy for soundcheck; record a short phrase and walk out into the audience to check levels while your "virtual you" plays!
Use the embedded RoomSense mics to pick up the sounds from the room, the stage, or the instruments around you and add ambience to your personal headphone mix when performing or practicing -- or you can use the AUX input to feed an external monitor signal straight into Play Electric (and turn the AUX signal off the main output). Additionally, our handy Guitar & Headphone Cable facilitates inexpensive in-ear monitoring with a convenient twist: two signals, one cable.
Sing Along with Vocal Cancel
Singing along is a great way to practice and perform. Plug in your MP3 player via the AUX In connector and use the Vocal Cancel feature to make your voice stand out over the vocals on the original track. You can also record and play back your singing using the USB connection to your computer and DAW.
Free Preset Downloads
Fire up our VoiceSupport app for access to hundreds of additional song and effects based presets as well as firmware updates and the latest news.
Add the TC-Helicon MP-75, MP-76, or Sennheiser e835 fx mics with Mic Control, or the Switch-3 footswitch for additional control of performance, effects and looping.
- Complete vocal path including Tone, Harmony, HardTune, Reverb, Double, Delay, Mod (chorus/flange, etc.), and Transducer (megaphone/distortion FX)
- Global Adaptive EQ, Compression, De-ess, Gate & Pitch Correction
- Note-perfect Vocal Harmonies using Auto Chord Detection from guitar input
- 2 Voices of NaturalPlay Harmony, plus 2 voices of humanized Doubling
- TC Electronic guitar FX with styles from Flashback Delay, Hall of Fame Reverb and Corona Chorus
- Wide range of additional popular guitar effects with lots of styles
- Wide choice of guitar amp emulations from VoiceLive 3, including "no amp" and "Acoustic Shape" (BodyRez) setting
- Dedicated Guitar and Vocal FX access/edit buttons
- Separate vocal and pro-quality guitar outputs or stereo mix
- Different amp settings per preset or global lockdown to one
- Low-noise Mic-preamp
- VLOOP(TM) performance looper for vocal and/or guitar with undo and redo
- Loop time: Stereo: 15 seconds with Undo (30 seconds without). Mono: 30 seconds with Undo (60 seconds without)
- Simple effects customization with styles and icons
- RoomSense microphones for monitoring and practicing
- Key/Scale harmony mode for setting specific song keys via the footswitches
- Plug in and practice with your mobile device via AUX or stream tracks and record over USB including a Vocal Cancel function
- Navigate factory presets by Genre and mark Favorites
- USB for audio streaming and connection to VoiceSupport, a free app for firmware updates, preset management, and tips & tricks
- Compatible with the MP-75 or MP-76 Modern Performance Vocal Microphone and Sennheiser e 835 fx microphone with Mic Control
- Optional Switch-3 for additional performance control
- Headphone output
zZounds is an authorized dealer of TC-Helicon products.
- Height: 1.8 inches (45 mm)
- Width: 7.9 inches (200 mm)
- Depth: 6.1 inches (156 mm)Weight:
- Weight: 2.2 lb. (1 kg)
- Dual die-cast clamshell design
- Acrylic Lens
- Punch-cut Metal connection panel
- Rubberized footings
- Backlit Graphic LCD DisplayVOICE:
- Connector: Balanced XLR
- Input Impedance Balanced: 3 kOhm
- Mic Input Level @ 0 dBFS: -39 dBu to +14 dBu
- EIN @ Max Mic Gain Rg = 150 Ohm: -127 dBu
- Mic SNR >100 dB at typical mic input gain
- Phantom Power: +48V (on/off via setup menu)
- A to D Conversion 24 Bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream, 110 dB SNR A-weightedGUITAR:
- Connector: 1/4 phone jack
- Guitar Input Impedance: 1 MOhm
- Guitar Input Level @ 0 dBFS: +13 dBu
- Guitar Input SNR >108 dB
- A to D Conversion 24 Bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream, 115 dB SNR A-weightedAUX:
- Aux: 1/8 stereo mini jack
- Aux Input Level @ 0 dBFS +2.5 dBu
- Analog OutputsVOICE:
- Connectors: balanced XLR
- Output Impedance Balanced/Unbalanced: 260/130 Ohm
- Output Range 0 dBFS: -6 dBu
- Dynamic Range >108 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response +.3/-0 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- D to A Conversion 24 Bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream, 115 dB SNR A-weightedGUITAR
- Connectors: 1/4 TRS
- Output Impedance Balanced/Unbalanced: 300/150 Ohm
- Output Level at 0 dBFS: +6 dBu
- Dynamic Range >105 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- D to A Conversion 24 Bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream, 108 dB SNR A-weighted
- HEADPHONE: 1/8 Mini stereo jack, 50 Ohm, +12 dBu maxGUITAR THRU:
- Buffered Guitar Input
- Connector: 1/4 TRS
- Output Impedance Bal/UnBal: 540/270 OhmsControl:
- USB: USB A, Mini-B
- Pedal: 1/4 TRS phone jack
- Mic Control using TC-Helicon MP-75 or MP-76 Microphone or Sennheiser e 835 fx micIncluded with Play Electric:
- Region specific power supply
- USB cable
- User guide
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):