TC Electronic M-One Effects ProcessorThe essence of the M-One XL, the XL Technology, is based on TC's heritage and continual research and development of Reverb technology. XL Reverbs feature improved spatial perspectives, across the entire range of Reverb algorithms. The extended range of the "reverb size" enables extremely wide or narrow spatial imaging, independently of the decay time. By applying "Reverb size" to both Early Reflections and the Diffused field, the M-One XL achieves any combination from wide spaces with short decay times, to narrow rooms with long decays.
Early Reflections, Difused Fields & ModulationThe high resolution Early reflections found in other high-end TC reverbs and improved Diffused Field technology specific to the M-One XL, ensure a natural and clear result that no other processor can offer in this price range. The XL Technology stands out by applying sophisticated modulation patterns, simulating the modulation of a real room, and allowing ranges of modulation from the barely audible real-room modulation to heavy chorusing and detuning reverbs, also simulating the vintage style of reverbs.
Small Room, a FocusSmall Room simulations have been a major focus in the tuning of the XL Reverbs. The Early reflection patterns combined with the set of Diffused fields, allow realistic simulations of real rooms. Applied to source material, the room simulations will bring clarity and presence to the source. With the flexibility of the XL Technology, Reverbs can be tweaked from virtually transparent Ambience patterns over large Hall reverbs to low-resolution Plates or Spring reverbs.
FlexibilityUse the M-One XL's to run 2 of the best sounding reverbs or other quality effects simultaneously without compromising sound. The Easy Parameter Level gives you more flexibility to create cool effects and control of all-important parameters right at your fingertip.
LiveThe Live algorithms are the grainy type of reverbs known as the typical 1980's live reverbs. Use these reverbs, when "cutting through" any PA system.
Quality XL ReverbsThe M-One XL gives you a wide range of high quality reverbs from the classic Halls and Rooms to grainy snare reverbs such as Live and Plate. Use the M-One XL's any high-quality reverbs to create sound reflections in various environments. Now you can add different levels of depth to your source material, easily.
Multi-EffectBring life to your mixes with TC's unique Compressor and Limiter algorithms. You can add incredible Delays, wide Chorus, or enhance the details of your source material with the Parametric Equalizers. The M-One XL has even more algorithms, such as Flanger, Gate, Expander, De-esser, Tremolo, and Phaser. All the algorithms are of the well-known TC Electronic sound quality. You don't have to waste your time programming/experimenting with any reverbs of the M-One XL to hear which setting suits your source material best.
HallThese "classic style" reverbs simulate the reverberation of very large rooms with very high ceilings. They have unobtrusive reflections with a density and naturalness you have only been dreaming about, until now. The Hall reverbs are especially good with vocal, acoustic guitar, and piano.
Plates 1 & 2The most basic sounding reverbs in the M-One XL are the "non-digital," mechanical sounding ones, which make metal plates superfluous: Create the artificial reflections typically found on "old mechanical" reverbs! Plates 1 & 2 are especially good on drums and vocal tracks.
RoomTC Electronic's famous Room reverbs generate a vast array of room settings with different sizes and surfaces. The Room reverbs make your music come alive by adding ultimate realism and texture to your mix.
PresetsThe M-One XL comes loaded with 200 high-grade Factory presets, covering almost any imaginable application. On top of that the M-One can store up to 100 of your favorite presets in the User bank. When satisfied with your preset you just hit the Store key to save it. It is so simple, that you almost forget that you are actually making presets! In short, the M-One XL gives you access to all the tools you need, whenever you want to create quality effects e.g. Modulation and Pitch effects as well as EQ, De-esser, and Dynamics.
Drum VerbsMaking a drum kit in general or a snare drum in particular stand out using reverbs has been standard in Pop/rock for many years. In the studio, where listening conditions are perfect, there are number of choices. Achieving the same effect in a PA is quite a different story. High-density reverbs tend to disappear in a PA system, while using the "Live" type reverb of the M-One XL will give you exactly the level of graininess necessary to achieve this particular effect. The "Live" Reverb works extremely well for short and snappy snare reverbs, as well as big ballad 3.0 second Tom reverbs.
Big Lead VocalsThe big and dominating Vocal is often supported by a well-tuned Hall, and maybe even some delays. Combining these 2 effects in the perfect mix can be a bit of a challenge. The fact that Delay repeats continue to repeat the original dry source, even after the Reverb decayed, makes the delay stand out as a separate effect. Using the M-One XL "Parallel/Serial" routing allows you to use both Delay, with the accurate tap control, and high density Reverbs with independent inputs and simultaneously feed the Delay repeats into the Reverb, allowing a greater integration of the 2 effects.
Ambient Vocal EnhancementGetting the lead vocal to sound both crisp and present in a live mix is not always easy. Turning up the volume and keeping a neutral frequency responds will make the vocal "float" on top of the music, while lowering the and maybe boosting high frequencies will make the vocal sound harsh and unpleasant. Using the "Ambience" Reverb of the M-One XL helps this particular situation. The high-density Early Reflections and short decays, will add sufficient brightness and shine to the vocal, without compromising the frequency responds.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of TC Electronic and TC-Helicon products.
Digital Inputs and Outputs
- Connectors: RCA Phono (S/PDIF)
- Formats: S/PDIF (24-bit), EIAJ CP-340, IEC 958
- Output Dither: HPF/TPDF dither 24/20/16/8-bit
- Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
- Processing Delay: 0.1 ms @ 48 kHz
- Frequency Response DIO: DC to 23.9 kHz +/- 0.01 dB @ 48 kHz
- Connectors: XLR, balanced
- Impedance, Bal/Unbal: 21 kOhm/13 kOhm
- Max. Input Level: +24 dBu
- Min. Input Level for 0 dBFS: 0 dBu
- Sensitivity @ 12 dB headroom: -12 dBu to +12 dBu
- A to D Conversion: 24-bit, 128x oversampling bitstream
- A to D Delay: 0.65 ms/0.70 ms @ 48 kHz/44.1 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB typ, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- THD: typ < 92 dB (0,0025 %) @ 1 kHz
- Frequency Response: +0/-0.1 dB @ 48 kHz, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Crosstalk: <-95 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Connectors: XLR, balanced
- Impedance Balanced/Unbalanced: 40 Ohm
- Max. Output Level: +20 dBu (balanced)
- Output Ranges: Balanced: 20/14/8/2 dBu, Unbalanced: 14/8/2 dBu
- D to A Conversion: 24-bit, 128x oversampling bitstream
- D to A Delay: 0.63 ms/0.68 ms @ 48 kHz/44.1 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 104 dB typ, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- THD: typ <-94 dB (0.002 %) @ 1 kHz, +20 dBu Output
- Frequency Response: +0/-0.5 dB @ 48 kHz, 20 Hz to 20 kHz <-100 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Complies with: EN 55103-1 and EN 55103-2 FCC part 15, Class B, CISPR 22, Class B
- Formats: S/PDIF (24-bit), EIAJ CP-340, IEC 958
- Safety Certified to: IEC 65, EN 60065, UL6500, and CSA E60065 CSA FILE #LR108093
- Operating Temperature: 32 degrees F to 122 degrees F (0 degrees C to 50 degrees C)
- Storage Temperature: -22 degrees F to 167 degrees F (-30 degrees C to 70 degrees C)
- Humidity: Max. 90 % non-condensing
- MIDI: In/Out/Thru: 5-Pin DIN
- Pedal: 1/4 in. phone jack
- Finish: Anodized aluminum front. Plated and painted steel chassis
- Display: 23 character/280 icon STN-LCD display
- Dimensions: 19 x 1.75 x 8.2 in. (483 x 44 x 195 mm)
- Weight: 4.1 lbs. (1.85 kg)
- Mains Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz (auto-select)
- Power Consumption: <15 W
- Warranty Parts and labor: 1 year
Note: Due to continuous development and standardization all specifications are subject to change without notice.
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 519-745-1158