Ultra-portable and versatile, the Tascam DP03 digital 8-track Portastudio recorder covers all the pocket-recording bases. Two XLR microphone inputs, built-in stereo condenser microphones, SD card media, USB connectivity, a built-in CD drive for burning songs, effects processing, and intuitive controls make recording anything, anywhere a piece of cake. This Portastudio is so straightforward that even your mom can capture something good; put her in charge of recording your rehearsal for a demo disc, and expect nothing but high-quality audio.
Record and Share Your Music
Tascam's 8-track digital recorder captures CD-quality music to SD/SDHC cards -- a convenient, affordable option for musicians, media hoarders, and recording enthusiasts alike. Making the DP-03 useable right out of the box, it comes with a 2 GB card.
Once you've figured out what you want to record, point the DP-03's stereo pair of built-in condenser mics toward your sound source, and you're ready to go during live performances, practice time, or songwriting sessions. When you want to do some serious recording, whip out your more expensive external microphones and connect them to the DP-03's XLR microphone inputs with phantom power.
Eight Tracks of Fun
With the DP-03, you can easily record two tracks at a time until you fill up all eight slots. Use the built-in tuner and metronome to record your tracks just right, and then edit them with standard commands such as Copy/Paste, Silence, Clone Track, and Undo. Moreover, you can bounce all eight tracks down to one or two, or even import a recording via USB or audio CD.
The compact digital recorder has 1/4-inch stereo line inputs, a switchable instrument-level input for recording a guitar or bass without a direct box, and an optional three-button footswitch (RC-3F) for control and punch-in operations.
Multi-Effects At Your Fingertips
Record, mix, and master, all on the DP-03. Each of the eight tracks has its own send to a stereo reverb processor, as well as two-band shelving EQ, taking care of the essentials. After you tweak your mix with the 45 mm faders, pan knobs, reverb, and EQ, you can record it to the dedicated stereo master track, which you can process with mastering effects like EQ and limiting. When you're ready to finalize your work, transfer your mix to a computer over USB 2.0, or burn it on an audio CD via the DP-03's convenient built-in CD burner.
- 8-Track digital compact recorder with microphones, effects, editing, CD burner, and more
- Conveniently records to SD/SDHC Card media
- Import audio tracks from CD
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones for quick setup and instant recording
- Two XLR microphone inputs with phantom power for connecting your favorite external mics
- 1/4" Stereo line inputs and switchable instrument-level input for guitar/bass direct recording
- Multi-band mastering effects such as EQ and limiting
- 2-Band EQ per track
- Internal reverb processor with dedicated send per track
- Built-in chromatic tuner and metronome for precision recording
- Track editing, auto-punch, and bounce features
- Optional RC-3F footswitch offers three switches for punch-in and transport operation
- Compact (11.4" [W] x 2.1" [H] x 8.2" [D]) and lightweight (4 lbs.)
With built-in microphones, XLR mic inputs, editing tools, effects, mastering, CD burning, and more, the DP-03 offers everything you need to record and save your music, all in a compact, 4-pound box.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of