The Omnisphere offers total control over your sound, with high-level tweaking and detailed precision at your fingertips. You get variable waveshaping, DSP and granular synthesis, polyphonic ring modulation, chaos envelopes, and much, much more. With over 40 GB in the core library, you'll never run out of sounds. This Mac and Windows compatible software synth features eight arpeggiators with groove lock, real-time tweaking in live mode, and hours of video tutorials.
Creating sounds out of the ether requires a basic understanding of synthesis structure. Spectrasonics' Steam Engine in Omnisphere makes the process as straightforward as possible. Want to create a stinging bass lead? Omnisphere gives you an easy-to-navigate, easy-to-understand layout. Keep the Steam Engine structured as it is, or go all out and detailed with a modular base. You get DSP and granular synthesis, plus much more wave-altering technology to dial in that tone you're looking for, from ultra-realistic sounds to unheard-of creations.
40 Gigs of Core Sounds
Spectrasonics Omnisphere provides over 40 GB of core sounds to start with. Those sounds can be used as a starting point to mangle or refine a specific sound you were looking for. Spectrasonics uses a pioneering Composite Morphing Techniques to generate harmonic resonances that you normally lose from traditional sampling instruments. Out of the work found in the Atmosphere the Omnisphere has updated, added, and refined its samples, which sound 10-times as good. Spectrasonics Omnisphere is both Mac and Windows compatible and is a fitting culmination of years of research and development.
The STEAM Engine
In 2009, Spectrasonics revolutionized the synth world with the release of the STEAM synthesis/sound engine. Virtual instruments built with the multitimbral STEAM Engine offer many development possibilities into a variety of hybrid synthesis and control capabilities including high-resolution Streaming Sample Playback, Integrated FX, Variable Waveshape synthesis, Granular synthesis, FM synthesis, polyphonic Ring Modulation, Timbre Shifting, and a comprehensive Flex-Mod modulation routing system, to name a few. Virtual instruments powered by STEAM also have unlimited expansion possibilities. The core software is flexible and open, allowing patches to be shared across hosts and computer platforms. Spectrasonics can also add new patches and sounds to the core library giving the user an ever-expanding sonic palette. In addition, all Spectrasonics virtual instruments based on S.A.G.E. and STEAM technologies can interact in musically useful and innovative ways for a smoother creative flow.
- 40 GB of sounds, from traditional instruments to unique Spectrasonics creations
- STEAM engine is built for deep sound editing and creation, with tools like Variable Waveshaping DSP synthesis, Granular synthesis, Timbre Shifting, FM, polyphonic Ring Modulation, high-resolution streaming Sample Playback, Harmonia and much more
- Omnisphere is cross-platform compatible with Apple Macintosh OS X 10.4 and higher as a native Universal Binary, and also with Microsoft Windows XP/Vista
- Audio Units, VST, and RTAS plug-in formats are supported for compatibility with all major host software
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
After many years of development, Spectrasonics is proud to release its flagship virtual instrument, Omnisphere. This epic 'Power Synth' breaks sonic ground by combining a wide variety of hybrid realtime synthesis techniques, an epic library of remarkable 'Psychoacoustic' sounds, and many innovative features that have never been seen before in any hardware or software synthesizer. This instrument is the first to be based on Spectrasonic's recently developed Steam Engine.
"This is truly an Epic project," said Eric Persing, Founder and Creative Director of Spectrasonics. "We have been working for many, many years; sampling unique sounds, experimenting, specifying the synthesis features and building the Steam Engine to run it all. It's been a very exciting process involving our team of software engineers, sound designers, musicians, and graphic artists from all over the world. We've been very deliberate in making it easy to use, and yet extremely powerful. Omnisphere is our new flagship synthesizer, and points the way to all our future virtual instruments. We are thrilled to offer a new product that will have a host of expansion capabilities in the future."
Although this synth is extremely powerful, Omnisphere is designed with a unique user interface containing progressive layers of 'zooming' to accommodate the complete range of users - from musicians who just want to be inspired by the sounds and customize them in an easy way, to expert synthesists and the most advanced sound designers. Users can go deeper and deeper into the software and progress in their synthesis knowledge by simply exploring additional levels of sound manipulation options. To make sure that all users get the most out of its capabilities, Omnisphere includes an extensive set of video tutorials and synthesis lessons taught by the renown Spectrasonics sound design team.
Omnisphere offers a host of hybrid synthesis and control capabilities including Variable Waveshaping DSP synthesis, Granular synthesis, Timbre Shifting, FM, polyphonic Ring Modulation, high-resolution streaming Sample Playback, Harmonia(tm), Dual Multimode Filter structure, Chaos Envelopes(TM), an advanced Unison mode, and the innovative Flex-Mod(tm) modulation routing system - to name a few.
The huge core library of Omnisphere is filled with years of creative sampling experiments and thousands of inspiring patches. Spectrasonics has pioneered several types of sampling for the core library of this instrument, including unique "Psychoacoustic" sounds and soundsources created with a Composite Morphing Technique (CMT) - which morphs the harmonic characteristics of one instrument to another. As a bonus, a section of the core library is also devoted to representing the best of Spectrasonics award-winning sample libraries. When all of these organic core library soundsources are combined with the synthesis power of the Steam Engine, the sounds become "alive" in a truly dynamic and expressive way.
Among the many unique features this multitimbral synth offers are its flexible arpeggiators with the innovative Groove Lock(tm) integration with Stylus RMX - allowing the arpeggiator's pattern to instantly groove with the feel of the RMX drum loop; Live Mode for transitionless patch switching and layering, Stack Mode for powerful performance mapping; and integrated modulatable FX Racks.
Omnisphere is also the successor to Spectrasonics' popular Atmosphere instrument, and contains enhanced versions of all the classic Atmosphere sounds. However, the core library in Omnisphere is 10-times the size of Atmosphere and features thousands of completely different sounds.
The culmination of many years of development, Omnisphere is an instrument of extraordinary power and versatility. Omnisphere brings many different types of synthesis together into one amazing-sounding instrument that will inspire a lifetime of exploration.
Omnisphere is cross-platform compatible with Apple Macintosh OS X 10.4 and higher as a native Universal Binary and also with Microsoft Windows XP/Vista. Audio Units, VST, and RTAS plug-in formats are supported for compatibility with all major host software.
- Powerfully simple interface design makes key features accessible to every user
- Advanced users can "zoom" into deeper and deeper synthesis capabilities
- Sophisticated Browser with searching, sound attributes, descriptions and images
- 8 independent Arpeggiators
- World's first Arpeggiator with Groove Lock(tm) - which allows the Arpeggiators to match the feel of Stylus RMX and MIDI Files.
- Special performance-oriented Live Mode interface allows for seamless, interactive creative patch switching and layering on the fly
- Stack Mode interface allows for complex patch layering, splits, and crossfades (velocity/positional/controller)
- 8-part multitimbral with built-in Mixer, Aux FX and Mastering FX racks
- Advanced MIDI Learn and Automation parameter handling
- Comprehensive integrated Reference Guide
- Hours of free Tutorial Videos available online to registered users
- Oscillators can be sample-based or synth-based
- Up to 10 oscillators per patch with Harmonia feature
- Flex-Mod(TM) modulation system allows powerful modular-style routing
- Dual Layer architecture
- High-definition streaming engine
- Variable DSP Oscillator Waveshapes
- Sophisticated Unison Detuning
- Variable Analog Feel
- Modulatable Hard Sync
- Granular Synthesis
- Innovative Chaos Envelopes
- Polyphonic Timbre Shifting
- Polyphonic Timbre Crushing
- Polyphonic Waveshaper
- Polyphonic Ring Modulation
- Polyphonic Glide
- FM Oscillators
- Dual Filter architecture per Layer
- Create filter combinations in series or parallel
- Arrange and blend more than 17 Filter algorithms
- Fully modulatable FX racks
- Alternate tuning scales supported
- 6 full-featured LFOs per patch
- 8 Advanced Multi-breakpoint looping Envelopes per patch
- Unique Dual Envelope interface - Simple ADSR-style or Advanced Graphic-style
- Sampled soundsources can be processed with synthesis features!
- Vast Core Library - over 40GB with thousands of sounds
- Cutting-edge sounds from the renowned Spectrasonics sound design team
- Innovative "Psychoacoustic" soundsources for organic synthesis!
- Unique multisampled "Composite Morphing(tm) soundsources
- Integrates the award-winning, original Atmosphere core library
- Integrates best of Spectrasonics highly-acclaimed sample libraries
- Massive variety of inspiring sounds for all types of music production
- Searchable by sound attributes (Timbre, Genre, Mood, Tonality, Source, etc)
- Expandable sound architecture
- Integrated, full-featured FX Racks
- Up to 12 simultaneous FX per patch
- Layer FX modulatable from any mod source
- Hundreds of FX presets included
- Over 32 original FX Processors covering the full spectrum of signal processing