SKB Corporation debuts 4 new "Freedom Series" guitar and bass cases. The Freedom 4, 6, 8 and 3 are manufactured in North America. The Freedom 6 is for electric guitars, Freedom 4 is for bass, Freedom 8 is for dreadnought acoustic guitars and Freedom 3 is for classical guitars.
Made in North America, Freedom guitar cases provide quality instrument protection at a new, low price. SKB revolutionized the guitar case a few years ago with their high quality, affordable, rugged, molded cases. Lightweight, copycat designs came out of the woodwork. Now, the Freedom is simply built better than all of those low-price, lesser quality import copies. Each case features a molded interior and sturdy construction with stronger hardware and thicker plastic. Freedom 3 is designed to fit classical, nylon string guitars.
Answering the Import Challenge!
"The Freedom Series is launched to reach a price point and compete with import copies of SKB cases. The quality and style is superior and the price is very competitive. We expect Freedom to be one of our top ten products this year," comments Randall Curlee, V.P. of Marketing for SKB Corporation. "Freedom offers stronger hardware and thicker plastic to insure quality."
SKB products are fully warranted against defects in materials and craftsmanship while in possession of the original owner.
SKB will repair or replace any product found to be defective. Damages due to accident, improper care, negligence or normal wear, where SKB is not at fault, will be repaired for a reasonable charge.
In 1977, the first SKB case was manufactured in a small Anaheim, California garage. Today SKB engineers cases for hundreds of companies involved in many diverse industries. They enter the new millennium with a true sense of accomplishment for the 2+ decades of steady growth and for our adherence to quality standards that make us industry leaders. SKB never loses sight of the fact that their customers give them the opportunity to excel and their challenges allow them to develop and grow. SKB is grateful for their trust and loyalty and remains dedicated to the assurance that every case with an SKB logo has been manufactured with an unconditional commitment to unsurpassed quality.
The Evolution, Components and Construction of SKB Cases
The unique styling, construction materials and engineering of SKB Cases were the result of many years of research and development by the principle owners of the company. Today, Dave Sanderson and Steve Kottman run SKB Corporation's more than 550 employees in 3 manufacturing facilities around the clock, in order to meet the global demands. Currently, SKB manufactures cases for military/industrial purposes, the Music Pro Audio Industry and Sports Cases.
1. SKB Cases are manufactured of ultra-high molecular weight Polyethylene. This unique material was originally specified by the military for use in weapons cases, due to the fact that it is impervious to solvents, fuels or toxic liquids. It is essentially indestructible, molds easily under heat, and forms an "impenetrable shield", thereby protecting whatever it is contains.
2. SKB also utilizes aluminum valance material for its strength and lightweight characteristics on all closures, with a special "slot" for a custom fitted Neoprene gasket that assists in sealing out moisture. SKB does all this valance bending in house to assure a perfect fit.
3. All riveting on SKB cases utilizes steel backing plates to prevent pulling through the plastic material. This is an SKB invention. This attention to detail is one of many factors that make SKB cases superior to all others.
4. Handles, wheels, D-rings, exterior feet, cam-action locking latches and butterfly clamps are all heavy-duty variety, and are also covered under the exclusive SKB Lifetime Warranty, unless abused. Some of the handles and latches are manufactured by SKB from plastic "regrind." Plus SKB has their own investment casting facility for making latches and hardware.
5. Rack mount cases utilize aluminum rack frames, and include specially designed rack clips and mounting screws for installation of equipment. The Shockrack interior rack frame is a proprietary design with both front and rear rack rails, and an exclusive shock-spring mechanism engineered by SKB. The shock spring concept originally came from a missile carrying case SKB built for the military.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Overall Interior Length: 40 1/2 in.
Exterior Length: 45 in.
Body Length: 21 in.
Body Depth: 4 3/8 in.
Lower Bout: 15 in.
Upper Bout: 11 1/2 in.
Weight: 8.0 lbs.
Warranty: Lifetime Limited