Shure's PG ALTA All-In-One Drum Tracking Microphone KitThe Shure PGADRUMKIT7 7-Piece Drum Microphone Kit has everything you need to get a clean and seamless recording of a standard-sized drum kit. Shure has included a collection of drum microphones from their Performance Gear PG ALTA series: a PGA52 for kick, one PGA57 for tracking snare, three PGA56 mics for snare/toms, and a pair of PGA181 mics for overheads. Also included are three A25D mic clips, three AP56DM drum rim mounts, and seven C15J 15' XLR cables to get you recording in no time. This kit comes with a compact 95F16526 zippered carrying case for your mics, mounts, and clips.
Getting a Clear Kick and Snare CaptureTo get a good kick sound, set up your PGA52 so the grill is inside the outer drum head's sound hole. To get more attack or "click," try to aim the mic at where your kick pedal's mallet hits the inner drum head. Next, set up your PGA57 to capture the snare. You can experiment with the placement of this mic to get a wide range of snare sounds -- try keeping the hi-hat cymbals at the back of your PGA57 to avoid hi-hat bleed.
Tracking Your TomsAll three PGA56 mics come with AP56DM drum rim mounts that attach securely to your tom rims. You can experiment with how close or how far you want to secure each mic to your toms. Aim towards the center of the tom head if you want to capture more attack. Also, try to attach each PGA56 mic in a direction away from your cymbals to get less cymbal bleed during your session.
Setting Up Your PGA181 Overhead MicsThere is a lot of room to explore when choosing drum overhead mic placement, but if you're going for a standard modern rock setup, get a pair of mic stands and hover each PGA181 mic at least a couple feet above your kit, with one above the ride and the other near the hi=hat. Take your time to play around with the placement of each mic to find out what sound you're looking for.
Additional ApplicationsIf you're new to recording, this package can also act as a gateway kit for you to familiarize yourself with recording other instruments. For example, your PGA57 and PGA181 microphones have a wider, higher frequency response that can work well with tracking midrange and higher-range instruments like guitar amps, vocals, strings, horns, piano, or even a small choir. This is a great kit get to get yourself used to the process of recording before you acquire a larger arsenal of microphones in the future.
Features:- Seven-piece drum mic kit -- everything you need to mic up the set
- One PGA52 cardioid dynamic kick drum mic: frequency response of 50Hz to 12kHz
- Three PGA56 cardioid dynamic snare/tom mics: frequency response of 50Hz to 15kHz
- One PGA57 instrument mic: frequency response of 70Hz to 15kHz
- Two PGA181 side-address cardioid condenser mics: frequency response of 50Hz to 20 kHz
- Three robust A25D mic clips
- Three secure AP56DM drum rim mounts
- Seven C15J 15' XLR cables
- 95F16526 zippered carrying case included
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Shure products.
- PGA52 (1) Cardioid Dynamic Kick Drum Microphone
- PGA56 (3) Cardioid Dynamic Snare/TPGA57 (1) Cardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone
- PGA81 (2) Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone
- A25D (3) Break-resistant Microphone Clip
- AP56DM (3) Break-resistant Drum Rim Mounts
- C15J (7) 15 foot (4.6 m) XLR-XLR cables
- 95F16526 Zippered Carrying Case
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-25-SHURE
Shure PGADRUMKIT7 7-Piece Drum Mic KitShure Microphones have always delivered unmatched sound quality and durability, making them essential for stage performance and studio recording around the world. Tailored for performers of every level, Shure offers a complete family of wired microphones to meet any audio need. With the PG ALTA Microphone family, Shure continues its 90-year tradition of manufacturing audio products of the highest quality and construction. Featuring a sleek black metallic industrial design and cardioid polar patterns that reduce feedback and background noise, the PG ALTA family delivers rock-solid sound and reliability that sets the bar for accessible, professional-caliber gear for performance and recording.
The PGADRUMKIT7 Drum Microphone Kit is a complete package of professional quality microphones, designed to provide excellent sound for full drum kit performance and recording. Included in the PGADRUMKIT7 are one PGA52 kick drum microphone, three PGA56 drum microphones, one PGA57 instrument microphone and two PGA81 instrument microphones, along with three drum mounts, seven XLR-XLR cables, and a carrying case.
Features:- PGA52 Cardioid Dynamic Kick Drum Microphone: For kick drum and low-frequency performance and recording, with swivel joint and quick-release latch.
- PGA56 Cardioid Dynamic Snare / Tom Microphone: For snare and tom applications, with swivel joint and quick-release latch.
- PGA181 Side-Address Cardioid Condenser Microphone: For amplified and acoustic instrument and vocal recording.
- Includes Mic clips, drum rim mounts and cables.
- Zippered carrying case is included.