Shure MX392/C Microflex Boundary MicThe Shure Microflex MX392/C is a surface-mounted electret condenser microphone designed primarily for mounting on conference tables, stage floors, and lecterns. Its high sensitivity and wide frequency range make it especially suitable for picking up speech and vocals for a range of sound reinforcement and recording applications, such as altars, boardrooms, and distance learning centers. The MX392/C's cardioid pattern picks up sound in a 130-degree angle, and rejects off-axis noise to the rear of the mic.
Shure's Microflex MX300 Series microphones take advantage of the principle that, at a barrier or boundary, sound pressure level doubles. When placed near a sufficiently large boundary surface, the microphone has 6 dB higher sensitivity and approximately 3 dB greater direct-to-reverberant sound ratio.
The MX392/C Microflex model is equipped with a programmable silent membrane mute switch, logic input and output, and on/off green LED indicator. Programmable switches offer the flexibility to be set for Push to Talk, Push to Mute or Push On/Push Off modes. Its cardioid pattern picks up in a 130-degree angle and rejects off-axis noise to the rear of the mic.
Designed to be used in custom audio installations, the MX392/C microphone comes with an unterminated cable with six conductors. Three of these attach to a standard balanced audio connection, and three can be used for TTL logic ground, TTL switch out, and LED control for remote control of the microphone or use with automatic mixers.
Attractively designed with a low-profile, professional appearance, the MX392/C Microflex Boundary microphone comes with an easy-to-use paint mask for your custom-color installations.
Features:- Surface-mount mic with sleek, low-profile design for unobtrusive appearance
- Flat frequency response across the vocal range for uncolored sound
- Cardioid polar pattern indicated by the /C model number suffix, with 130-degree pickup angle
- Balanced, transformerless output for increased immunity to noise over long cable runs
- Programmable membrane on/off switch plus LED on/off indicator
- LED logic input and switch logic output terminals for remote control or use with automatic mixers
- Attached unterminated cable
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Shure products.
- Frequency Response: 50 to 17,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: EIA Rated at 150 ohms (180 ohms actual)
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage) : -27.5 dBV/Pa (42.2 mV)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (1 kHz at 1% Total Harmonic Distortion, 1 k ohm load) : 117.0 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL) : 71.0 dB
- Equivalent Output Noise (A-weighted) : 23.0 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range: 94.0 dB
- Common Mode Rejection: 45 dB minimum, 10 Hz to 100 kHz
- Switch Attenuation: 50 dB minimum
- Preamplifier Output Clipping Level: -6 dBV (0.5 V)
- Polarity: Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output connector.
- Logic Connections:
- LED IN: Active low (<1.0v), TTL compatible. Absolute maximum voltage: -0.7V to 50V.
- SWITCH OUT: Active low (<0.5V), sinks up to 20mA, TTL compatible. Absolute maximum voltage: -0.7V to 24V (up to 50V through 3 k ohms).
- Power Requirements: 11 to 52 Vdc phantom / 2.0 mA current consumption
- Operating Temperature Range: -18 to 57 degrees C (0 to 135 degrees F)
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 95%
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-25-SHURE