Seven Strings of Killer Tone from the Prog-Metal Master!
The master of seven-string axes has joined forces with Schecter to bring you the Jeff Loomis JL-7 NT electric guitar. This battle-of-an-axe boasts seven strings of ear-piercing metal tone, captured and projected through Seymour Duncan Jeff Loomis Signature humbuckers, and a Floyd Rose 1000 Series tremolo bridge for the ultimate in comfortable playability. A maple/walnut multi-ply neck with a bright-sounding maple fingerboard features 24 extra-jumbo stainless steel frets that will bring your shredding speed up to even higher levels. Shoulder this guitar and let your notes soar to awesome heights -- and resounding lows.
Resonant Swamp Ash Body
Swamp ash comes from the lower end of southern-grown wetland trees. It's a great tonewood because it places a solid emphasis on the higher frequencies of your playing, while keeping an even-keeled focus on your mids and lows. And you'll never be short of sustain, because swamp ash holds your notes while delivering a consistent supply of resonance. This baby's deep cutaway gives you plenty of access to those higher frets, and an arched top contour gives off a sleek modern look.
Maple/Walnut Multi-ply Neck
The neck on your Schecter Jeff Loomis JL-7 NT electric axe is comprised of a combination of maple and walnut. Maple is an excellent neck tonewood -- it brings a pleasant rounded brightness to each note. Walnut is a somewhat dense wood and tends to exhibit similar characteristics to mahogany, in that it yields an emphasis on the middle and lower frequencies. This appendage is cut into a comfortable ultra-thin C shape that allows all seven strings to rest comfortably in your hand. You fingers will glide effortlessly across all 24 X-jumbo stainless steel frets -- each boasting an undeniably addictive action and unbeatable playability.
Jeff Loomis Signature Humbucking Pickups
Capturing each note and forging a signal of soul-shattering rock are your Seymour Duncan Jeff Loomis humbuckers. The bridge pickup keeps things tight and aggressive, so every single note will slice through the air. Your neck humbucker fuels your output with a thick wall of tone full of presence and depth, allowing each of your JL7's seven strings to find clear and consistent articulation.
Secure Hardware and Cool Looks
Anchoring your strings down is a rock-solid Floyd Rose 1000 Series tremolo bridge system, allowing creative bends and divebombs with no tuning issues. The maple fingerboard on this axe also features cool metal cross inlays to give off a somewhat sinister feel.
Tear off some otherworldy tones with this Loomis-approved seven-string beast!
Jeff Loomis talks about his custom JL-7 in this video from Schecter:
- Swamp ash body with deep cutaway
- Arched top contour for sleek modern look
- Maple/walnut multi-ply neck in ultra thin C shape
- Snappy maple fingerboard with 24 X jumbo stainless steel frets
- Fingerboard radius of 16"
- Metal crosses inlays
- Scale length of 26.5"
- Seymour Duncan 'Jeff Loomis' Signature Active pickups
- Volume control and three-way pickup selector switch
- Black hardware
- Floyd Rose 1000 Series Bridge
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Schecter products.
- Model Name: Jeff Loomis JL-7 FR
- Guitar Colors: Gloss Black
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Neck Joint: Deep Insert Joint w/ Ultra Access
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Neck Material: Multi 5-ply Maple/Walnut
- Fretboard Material: Canadian Hard Maple
- Binding: Black 1-ply
- Inlays: Black Metal Crosses
- Side Dot Markers: Glow In The Dark
- Neck Scale: 26.5"(673mm)
- Fretboard Radius: 16"(406mm)
- Neck Shape: Ultra Thin C
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .748"(19mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .787"(20mm)
- Nut Width: 1.874" (47.6mm)
- Nut: Floyd Rose 1500 Series
- Truss Rod: World 2-Way w/ 8mm Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Jeff Loomis 7-string bridge
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Jeff Loomis 7-string neck
- Controls: Volume
- Battery Compartment: 9-volt Clip-in Battery Compartment
- Hardware Color: Black
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000 Series
- Knobs: 1 Metal Dom w/ Set Screw
- Strings: Ernie Ball 7-String (.009/.011/.016/.026/.036/.046/.062)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Gloss Black
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Vampyre Red Satin
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-660-6621
Schecter JL-7 FR Jeff Loomis Signature 7Seven-string master Jeff Loomis worked with Schecter to create the JL-7 FR to provide players with the ultimate in 7-string tone and playability. The Swamp Ash arch-top body, Maple/Walnut multi-ply neck and Maple fingerboard come together to help keep the tone tight and punchy which is essential for a 7-string.
Features:- Swamp Ash body
- Multi 5-ply Maple/Walnut neck
- Canadian Hard Maple fretboard
- Black Metal Cross Inlays
- Glow in the Dark dot side markers
- Seymour Duncan Jeff Loomis 7-String Pickups