Roland TD-1KV Mesh Snare V-Drums KitRoland's V-Drums are the world's most popular electronic drums. Blending superior sound, authentic feel, and rugged durability, each kit in the V-Drums lineup performs at the highest level, a testament to more than three decades of developing electronic drums. The compact TD-1K is no exception, delivering respected V-Drums quality in a space-saving kit that keeps up with you as your playing evolves.
Ideal for everyone that wants to enjoy drums at home, the TD-1K offers a wide selection of expressive drum kits for playing any musical style, plus fun onboard training and recording functions for building your skills and checking your progress. And as a Roland TD-1K owner, you're not just starting an exciting musical journey--you're also joining the V-Drums family, a group of discerning players that includes the world's finest drummers and percussionists.
15 Drum Kits for Playing Any Style of MusicAn acoustic drum kit needs to be set up to play a specific style of music, so you're stuck with one type of sound. But that's not the case with the TD-1K--it includes 15 quality drum kits on board, so you can play any kind of music you want at the touch of a button, from rock and blues to jazz, world music, EDM, and beyond. At one practice session, you can rock hard with a heavy bottom-end sound, then instantly change kits to recreate the sound of your favorite band. Every kit reacts just like the acoustic and electronic kits they emulate, giving you a huge range of variety in one compact, standalone instrument.
Develop Authentic Techniques with Responsive Pads and CymbalsSome drummers avoid electronic drums; worried they won't play like their acoustic counterparts. There's no need for concern with the Roland TD-1K--it fully supports essential acoustic playing techniques, which is especially important for beginners to learn to play correctly. Every drum sound offers a wide dynamic range and natural tone, and the pads provide a full range of natural expression. Unlike typical entry-level sets, the TD-1K's cymbals include the advanced expressiveness found in all TD-series V-Drums modules, including bow and edge sounds and support for cymbal chokes. The hi-hat reacts to the nuances of your footwork, bringing personality and character to your playing. Great drumming is all about feel, and so is the TD-1K.
Stay Motivated With Onboard Training Functions That Make Learning FunBuilt right into the TD-1K is a wealth of enjoyable functions to encourage learning, no matter whether you're teaching yourself to play, studying regularly with an instructor, or simply want to keep your skills polished. Think of this kit as your own live-in drum teacher and personal backing band, packed with tutorial features that develop technique, boost motivation, and help you get the most out of practice time. Play along with the onboard metronome to tighten your timing, and use Coach mode to build and maintain speed, stamina, and accuracy. Get ready for your first band by jamming with the internal songs in the sound module, or connect a smartphone or music player via the Mix In jack and drum along with your favorite tunes. With the onboard recording function, you'll get instant feedback of your progress as well as quickly capture and playback a new fill or creative groove.
Practice At Home with Headphones and Ultra-Quiet, Beater-Free Kick DrumTraditional acoustic drums are extremely loud. Playing them at home is fun for you, but can be a problem for everyone else around! Quieter operation is a major benefit of electronic drums, and the Roland TD-1K is particularly quiet where it counts, thanks to the sound module's headphone jack and the noise-reducing design of the snare, tom, and cymbal pads. While many electronic drum kits annoy the neighbors as the beater strikes the kick drum, the TD-1K reduces volume with a special beater-less pedal design. Optional NE-10 Noise Eater units can be used under the kick and hi-hat pedals to further reduce noise transfer to other rooms below.
Fits In Your Practice Space and Adjusts To Your Playing StyleInviting a supersize acoustic drum kit into your home is a big deal. Do you lose the spare room upstairs, or try and cram it into your living room? The space-saving TD-1K is a far more practical choice, fitting into the tightest living spaces with a stylish, modern look that lets life carry on around it. For added functionality, the sturdy, ergonomic drum rack is easily adjustable, allowing the drum positions to be set up for everyone from children to adults. In addition, the height of each cymbal and the angle of the snare pad can also be fine-tuned for your comfort and playing style. The TD-1K is perfect for students, but it's also a great choice for an experienced drummer who needs a kit for home practicing or backstage warm-up.
Record on Your Computer Using One Standard USB CableThe TD-1K is not just fun to play by itself--it's also a great way to make music with your computer. Included is a built-in USB-MIDI interface, making it simple to communicate with music software via just a USB cable, with no extra hardware needed. Maybe you'll transfer your playing into your computer-based recording software, capturing a live drum feel in your latest masterpiece.
Simple Operation Lets You Start Rocking In MinutesIf you think that electronic drums are complicated, think again--using the TD-1K is as simple as it gets. With its clear layout, the control panel lets you access all functions quickly and easily, and you can see info at a glance with the LED display and the metronome's flashing tempo indicator.
Features:- Acclaimed V-Drums sound and performance in an entry-level set
- Enjoy drumming in any musical style with 15 expressive drum kits
- Mesh-head PDX-8 V-Pad provides realistic snare drum feel with head/rim triggering
- Supports essential acoustic drum techniques, including cymbal choke, advanced hi-hat playing, and more
- Build playing skills with the onboard Coach function, metronome, and recorder
- Practice along with onboard audio songs or your own tracks played from a smartphone or music player connected to the Mix In jack
- Beater-less kick pedal provides low noise for playing without disturbing others, ideal for practicing at home
- Space-saving, ergonomic design and stylish looks to suit any room in your home
- Sturdy drum rack with quick and easy height adjustment for every drummer, from kids to adults
- Intuitive user interface for easy operation
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
- Percussion Sound Module: TD-1
- Snare: x 1 (Mesh head)
- Tom: x 3
- Crash, Ride: x 1
- Hi-hat: x 1
- Kick pedal: x 1
- Hi-hat pedal: x 1
- Drum Kits: 15
- Coach Functions: 10: Time Check (Easy), Time Check (Hard), Change-up, Auto Up/Down, Quiet Count, Tempo Check (Easy), Tempo Check (Hard), Stroke Balance, Timer, Recording
- Songs: 15Metronome:
- Tempo (40--260)
- Rhythm Type (5 types)
- Sounds (8 types)
- Volume (10 levels)
- Display: 7 segments, 3 characters (LED)Connectors:
- OUTPUT/PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- MIX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- TRIGGER INPUT connector: DB-25 type (Kick, Snare, Tom 1, Tom 2, Tom 3, Hi-hat, Crash 1, Crash 2, Ride, Hi-hat control)
- Interface: USB (USB-MIDI)
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Current Draw: 150 mA
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY," Drum key, Cable clip, Special connection cable, AC adaptor
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 31 x 27 9/16 x 45 5/16" (800 x 700 x 1150 mm)
- Weight: 26 lbs. 1 oz. (11.8 kg)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700