Roland SPD-One Wav Percussion PadThe Roland SPD::ONE WAV PAD is a new type of digital percussion pad, one that allows any musician to perform with their own sounds and samples. Importing audio files is as simple as connecting the SPD::ONE WAV PAD to a PC or Mac and dragging your WAV files into the drive that appears. Whether you need full-length backing tracks or one-shot samples, your sounds can be loaded and played in seconds. Once you're ready to go, the unit's robust-yet-sensitive pad can be played with sticks, hands, or feet, and trigger threshold settings are easily adjusted with intuitive controls.
Powered by batteries or AC, the portable SPD::ONE WAV PAD can be used on the floor or a tabletop, or mounted to any rig or drum setup with the included adapter. Operation is simple, even for those musicians who are not technical; just by using four knobs on the control panel, you can change the sound, volume, balance, and more. Whether you're a drummer, percussion player, guitarist, DJ, or vocalist, the SPD::ONE WAV PAD is a simple and flexible way to expand your sound palette and invigorate your performances.
A Digital Percussion Pad You Can Play with Sticks, Hands, or FeetEvery musician is individual, and your instruments need to complement your creativity and performance style. The SPD::ONE WAV PAD lets you play the way you want to; this compact digital percussion pad can be played with drumsticks, hands, or even your feet. What's more, you can adjust sensitivity and trigger threshold settings in seconds by using two control dials on the side of the unit. Drummers and percussionists will love the solid feel and natural rebound, guitarists can confidently stomp on the unit for four-on-the-floor beats, and practically any musician can play sounds by hand without fear of sore palms and fingers at the end of the night.
Import Entire Songs, Backing Tracks, and ClicksThe SPD::ONE WAV PAD can import and play WAV audio files.* From backing tracks to individual samples like vocal phrases, drum sounds, and musical sequences, if you can record it, you can load it in the SPD::ONE WAV PAD and play it. Importing audio is very simple: just connect the unit to a PC or Mac via USB, and then drag and drop your files. Samples can then be triggered in different ways using a host of playback options, such as polyphonic, monophonic, or alternate. With the SPD::ONE WAV PAD, playing your own sounds at a gig has never been easier.
Playing with backing tracks brings studio-level production to the smallest of gigs. And with the SPD::ONE WAV PAD, anything you can record in the studio can be brought onto the live stage. But to stay in time with the backing track, you'll need a click track, and the SPD::ONE WAV PAD can help. Imported audio click tracks that you create in your DAW to accompany your backing track will play simultaneously. But here's the clever bit--while the backing track can only be heard via the main and headphones outputs, the click is automatically routed to the headphones only for stage monitoring. As you play, the volume balance between the backing and click tracks can be adjusted using the Balance Mix knob. The headphones output is designed to produce ample volume for monitoring, ensuring you hear the sound even on loud stages.
Layer Audio Files and Customize Your SoundsWhile the SPD::ONE WAV PAD is simple to use, it can also handle some seriously creative setups. Up to three audio files can be layered together, so a single hit can produce three sounds at once. Imagine hearing a deep 808 kick sound combined with a hand clap and vocal phrase--this unique layering function has endless possibilities. You can even trigger different sounds by playing different velocities. For example, when playing hi-hat sounds, you can trigger a closed hi-hat by striking gently and an open hi-hat when you hit harder. The SPD::ONE WAV PAD makes it easy to put on a performance with surprising versatility.
Easily Fits Into Your Existing Instrument SetupThe SPD::ONE WAV PAD is compact enough to fit into your existing instrument setup without needing to move your other gear. With the included mounting adapter, you can easily clamp the pad to a hi-hat, cymbal, or tom stand, or even a mic stand. Alternately, the SPD::ONE WAV PAD can be played without mounting it to anything at all--simply place it on the floor, a tabletop, or any solid surface.
Portable and Built for the RoadYou can take the SPD::ONE WAV PAD wherever you want, thanks to its compact size and battery operation. It's lightweight enough to be dropped into a bag or instrument case, and robust enough to travel thanks to its metal-body construction. You can even play and produce your own sounds on the move via headphones, and include them in your set list that night.
Easy Control Using Just Four KnobsOperating the SPD::ONE WAV PAD is very simple. There are no complex submenus or button sequences--just select your sounds by turning the bank selector to any of the 12 positions, and hit the pad to play. With just four main knobs on the front panel, everything you need is at hand, including the ability to customize sounds, adjust overall volume, and balance levels on the fly.
Compact MIDI Controller for DAW Music ProductionThanks to built-in USB-MIDI support, the SPD::ONE WAV PAD can be used as a compact digital pad controller for a computer DAW. This provides a great way to play software-based sounds and enhance your productions with realistic MIDI percussion tracks.
Features:- Light, compact digital percussion pad that can be played with drumsticks, hands, or feet
- Import your original WAV sound data by connecting to a computer via USB and dragging and dropping files
- Internal 4 GB drive can hold up to 360 minutes of stereo audio
- Edit and control your sounds easily with just four knobs
- Powered by batteries (4 x AA) or AC adapter
- Main output (mono) and headphones output (stereo) for monitoring
- USB-MIDI enables use as a pad controller for music software
- Can be floor or tabletop mounted, or fitted to drum hardware and mic stands using the included mounting adapter
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
- Number of Recordable Wave Data: 12 *Layer and Click waves data are excluded
- Memory: 4 GB (approx. 360 min. in stereo)
- Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits, Stereo/Mono)
- WAVE knob
- [PHONES] knob
- [MIX] knob
- [MASTER] knob
- [ALL SOUND OFF] button
- [THRES] knob
- [SENS] knob
- [POWER] switch
- Indicator: TRIG Indicator
- MASTER OUT (STEREO) jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- USB port: Micro-B type
- DC IN jack
- Mass Storage Class
- Power Supply:
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- AC adaptor (DC9V)
- Current Draw300 mA (DC IN)
- *Expected battery life under continuous use
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6):
- Normal use: Approx. 7hours
- Maximum load use: Approx. 4hours
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6):
- Normal use: Approx. 6hours
- Maximum load use: Approx. 3hours
- *These can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Attachment screws x 2
- Holder mounting screws (bolt x 1, nut x 1, washers x 2)*
- *Acceptable rod diameters: 8.0-12.7 mm (3/8-1/2 inch)
- Alkaline batteries (AA, LR6) x 4
- Options (sold separately):
- AC adaptor: PSA-S series
- Stereo Split Cable: PCS-31L
- Personal drum monitor: PM-10
- Headphones: RH-300V
- Size and Weight:
- Width: 140 mm 5-9/16 inches
- Depth: 160 mm 6-5/16 inches
- Height: 56 mm, 2-1/4 inches
- Weight: 900 g, 2 lbs
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700