Featuring innovative new technology from Roland, the KT-10 provides authentic feel and playability in a low-noise kick trigger pedal for V-Drums sound modules and other electronic percussion instruments. The all-in-one design offers fast, fluid response and a unique reverse-action trigger mechanism that makes the pedal not only compact in size, but also far quieter in operation than a kick pad played with a standard pedal and beater. With its small footprint, the KT-10 is ideal for use alongside an acoustic kick pedal in a hybrid drum set, and it also works great for expanding the capabilities of an SPD-series percussion pad or the HandSonic HPD-20. Of course, the KT-10's pro feel, noise-reducing features, and portable convenience make it perfect for use with any V-Drums kit as well.
A Low-Noise Kick Trigger Pedal for Playing V-Drums at Home
One of the many reasons that drummers love V-Drums is the ability to plug in headphones and play quietly without disturbing others, something that's impossible with acoustic drums. However, while V-Drums' mesh-head pads are nearly silent acoustically, using a kick trigger pad that incorporates a standard pedal and beater will produce an audible amount of noise while playing. If this poses a problem where you play and practice, the KT-10 offers a great alternative. Thanks to its innovative reverse-action trigger mechanism, the pedal produces approximately 75 percent less noise in the playing room (based on Roland test data) while still providing authentic playability and a rock-solid feel. The KT-10 is compatible with any V-Drums sound module that's equipped with 1/4-inch trigger inputs.
Ideal for Use with Hybrid Kits and Roland E-Percussion Instruments
With its small footprint and integrated design, the low-profile KT-10 takes up much less space than a standard kick trigger pad and pedal, making it ideal for use alongside other pedals in a drum kit that combines acoustic and electronic elements. Roland's TM-2 Trigger Module is a perfect partner in this hybrid application, providing built-in sounds and inputs for various Roland pads, pedals, and triggers, including the KT-10. The kick trigger pedal also offers an easy way to expand the capabilities of Roland percussion instruments such the SPD-SX Sampling Pad, OCTAPAD(R) SPD-30, and HandSonic HPD-20. Connecting the KT-10 to a trigger input on a Roland device is simple and quick, requiring just a single cable.
Adjustable and Expandable
The KT-10 features adjustments for customizing the feel to suit your personal playing style. The pedal response can be altered by removing weights in the beater mechanism or shifting them to different slots, while moving the spring to different hook positions lets you easily modify the pedal's tension. In addition, the convenient Mix In trigger jack allows you to create a double-pedal setup with a second KT-10.
- All-in-one kick trigger pedal with low-noise operation
- Innovative reverse-action trigger mechanism provides authentic playing feel in a compact design
- Extremely quiet performance, great for not disturbing others when playing V-Drums at home
- Produces approximately 75 percent less noise in the playing room than a Roland KD-9 Kick Pad triggered with a standard beater (based on Roland test data)
- Small footprint and low-profile body, ideal for use in a hybrid acoustic/electronic drum or percussion kit
- Works with all Roland percussion products equipped with 1/4-inch trigger inputs, including the TM-2 Trigger Module, V-Drums sound modules, SPD-series percussion pads, and the HandSonic HPD-20
- Solid construction, smooth performance, and attractive appearance
- Adjustable spring and moveable weights allow for customization of playing response
- Mix In jack for easy expansion with a second KT-10
zZounds is an authorized dealer of