Guitarists wouldn't dream of gigging without their trusty amps. So why should keyboardists be expected to run their rigs through some unknown-quantity venue PA? The powerful Roland KC-550 keyboard amp is a great way to localize your sound when you're sharing the stage with a large ensemble, and it's a must-have for solo gigs in makeshift venues that lack a decent sound system. And if you've ever struggled to hear your keyboards in your own monitor wedge, the KC-550 makes a fantastic personal monitor, while you use its stereo Line Outs to run your rig into the PA. Your keyboard rig is packed with fantastic sounds -- let the Roland KC-550 bring them to life with 180 watts of clear, deep power.
The Roland KC Sound
It's no surprise that this Roland amp is a favorite among live keyboardists. The 180-watt, two-way speaker system is tipped back to project your sound up and out, combining a 15-inch woofer and piezo tweeter to cover your keyboards' full range. In addition to stereo Line Outs, there's also a Subwoofer Out jack for even more impressive bass. The 3-band EQ provides control over your highs, mids, and lows, while the Shape switch provides an instant boost in the upper and lower ranges. So, what sounds better than a Roland KC-550 amp? Two of 'em -- in Stereo Link mode. Plug in the left and right outputs of your keyboard to the first KC-550, and run a single cable to the second amp via their Stereo Link ports. It's an excellent way to give your keyboards' stereo-sampled patches the respect they deserve onstage.
Connect Four Stereo Inputs
Skip the rack mixer in your keyboard rig, and plug up to four stereo keyboards or sound modules directly into your KC-550 amp! In addition to 4 sets of stereo 1/4-inch jacks, there's a balanced XLR input for microphones -- perfect for keys/vocal solo gigs. Want to play to a click track? Set the Output Select knob to send Channel 4 only to your headphones. Or if the front-of-house PA is sending you a monitor feed from other instruments, plug it into channel 4 and turn Output Select to route it to the internal speakers, not Line Out. The amp's main volume control doesn't affect the Line Out volume, so you can monitor loudly or quietly on your KC-550 while sending your full-volume mix to the main PA. It's an amp, mixer, and monitoring solution in one rolling box.
The Do-Everything Amp
With its onboard mixing and personal-monitor capabilities, the Roland KC-550 is a versatile tool for anyone who plays live. And with its fat 15-inch woofer and dedicated tweeter, the Roland KC-550 delivers clear, rich, full-range sound that most guitar or bass amps don't even attempt. Perhaps that's why guitarists like to play through the KC-550, especially when they're going electric-acoustic. Roland amps are also a favorite among the digital-drum-kit crowd. And with its stereo RCA inputs for aux sources like MP3 or CD players, it's a flexible portable PA. Overall, the KC-550 is a fantastic go-everywhere, do-everything workhorse -- no matter what instrument you play.
More Keys, Please
When you want enough Roland sound to fill mid-sized venues, the 180-watt KC-550 is the perfect size. Keyboardists can't always depend on a venue's PA, and whether you're rehearsing or on a gig, it's just plain gratifying to pump a big, fat sound out of a serious set of speakers. So why should guitarists and bassists have all the fun? Get control over your on-stage sound with the Roland KC-550 amp.
- 15-inch woofer and piezo tweeter deliver 180 watts of output
- Clean, powerful amplification for gigs of any size, or as a personal monitor
- Rich, full sound covers the full range of keyboards, vocals, and other instruments
- 4-channel mixer provides individual level control over 4 stereo sources
- 4 sets of stereo 1/4-inch inputs, plus XLR input on channel 1
- XLR and 1/4-inch stereo Line Outs connect directly to a mixing board or recording device
- Output Select on channel 4 lets you send it to the internal speakers only, skipping the Line Out -- idea for monitoring
- RCA aux inputs -- listen to CD or MP3 players over your amp
- Line Out and Subwoofer Out jacks -- connect to a PA or a separate sub
- Ground Lift switch
- Headphone jack with separate volume control
- 3-band equalizer controls highs, mids and lows, plus Shape switch gives extra high and low-end punch
- Casters included for easy transport
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
Roland KC-550 Keyboard Amplifier
The Roland KC-550 boasts 180 watts of powerful sound via a 15-inch speaker and horn tweeter. In addition to its four input channels, this flagship amp includes an Output Select switch for selecting the monitor sound destination, a Shape switch for quick sound adjustment and an XLR Line output for direct connection to a mixing console.
KC-series amplifiers feature a flexible mixing section designed with the performing musician in mind. The flagship models feature up to four stereo inputs, and KC amps include a Microphone input and stereo Auxiliary input for connecting CD players.
Stereo Link Capabilities
The KC-550 and KC-350 include Roland's Stereo Link feature for chaining two amplifiers. Using a single cable, you can connect two KC amps for true stereo sound while controlling them both from the amp nearest you on stage.
Want more low end? Simply add an optional subwoofer like Roland's KCW-1. Connections are easy, thanks to the Subwoofer output found on all KC amps. Now even the most affordable models can sound huge!
Built for the Road
KC amps are built for life on the road. All models have built-in handles for easier transportation (the Roland KC-550 also includes casters) and a rugged design with heavy-duty carpeting, protective edges and an all-metal grille.
- Flagship keyboard amplifier with powerful 180-watt/15 in. speaker and horn tweeter
- Output Select feature and convenient Shape switch for tonal adjustment
- 3-band EQ and Subwoofer output compatible with KCW-1
- XLR Line output for connection to mixing consoles
- Stereo Link In/Out for chaining two KC-550s for stereo applications