All The Sounds You'll Ever Need -- In 5.1 Surround OutputThere's a near-bottomless well of sounds available in the Roland INTEGRA-7. This rackmountable 16-part SuperNATURAL sound module gives musicians and producers over 6,000 expressive instrument, drum, and synth sounds to choose from, all borrowed from Roland's flagship keyboards, V-Drums modules, and SRX library. The INTEGRA-7 also boasts Motional Surround technology, which lets you control the panning, depth, and placement of sounds so you always get the best sound field for the task at hand. Housed in a rugged metal chassis, the sound module is solidly built and ready to go on tour, to a live show or classroom, or to the open slot in your studio's rack. Use it wherever you need great sounds.
Driven by SuperNATURAL SoundsAt the heart of the INTEGRA-7 is a sweet collection of SuperNATURAL sounds with Behavior Modeling technology. SuperNATURAL sounds offer the realism and natural expression of acoustic instruments combined with the behavior of instruments when they're played. You can use the sounds as they are or customize them to make them your own. Just add a MIDI controller and you're good to go.
There's a sound for whatever song or composition you create -- choose from SuperNATURAL acoustic tones such as grand piano, electric piano, guitar, strings, brass instruments, and exotic ethnic instruments like the Shakuhachi; SuperNATURAL synth tones that recreate the fat sound of classic synthesizers; or SuperNATURAL drums and sound effects powered by the SuperNATURAL drum engine derived from Roland's V-Drums. With so many sounds onboard, it's easy to put together a track. Choose your instrumentation, lay down some beats with an included drum kit, and add effects. All these sounds are expressive, customizable, and as close as possible to the instruments they're designed to simulate or reproduce.
Built-In Legacy GearDo you have a thing for Roland synths? With the INTEGRA-7, you get a hearty helping of some of Roland's most respected, widely used synths ever released. You get all of the sounds from the XV-5080, all 12 titles from the SRX Expansion libraries (including SRX-05 Supreme Dance with essential electro sounds from the TR-808 and TR-909 drum machines), SRX-06 Complete Orchestra with orchestral instruments and SFX, and the SRX-09 World Collection with samples of hard-to-find ethnic instruments. So that you never run out of sounds, the INTEGRA-7 features four virtual expansion slots, which can be used to load four SRX libraries simultaneously.
Be a Sound Designer with Motional Surround TechnologyMotional Surround is a 17-part ambience engine that lets you graphically control the distance and position of each part within 360-degree sound field. Thanks to the INTEGRA-7's Motional Surround feature, you can create highly realistic, detailed orchestral arrangements, ambient moods for film or games, and much more. Use it to control the left/right panning of sounds, as well as their depth or placement behind or in front of you. Make solo instruments sound up close and personal, place percussion or brass at a distance, and so forth.
You can apply Motional Surround to external audio as well. Connect an audio player or instrument to the INTEGRA-7's inputs, and adjust the parameters in real time via MIDI, with the dedicated iPad app, or with a VSTi plug-in editor for DAWs. Since Motional Surround supports two-channel output, you can experience it with just two speakers or with headphones. The INTEGRA-7 also supports 5.1-channel output, if you have five speakers and a subwoofer.
Rugged, Road-Ready HardwareWhether you take your sounds on the road or keep them in your personal studio, the INTEGRA-7 is built to last. The sound module offers high-quality low-noise D/A converters, dedicated effects engines, dedicated buttons for quick access to sounds and effects, a large value dial surrounded by navigation keys, an easy to read LCD, and more in a rugged metal chassis.
The rear panel sports stereo XLR outputs, eight individual 1/4-inch outs, a digital (coaxial) output, MIDI In/Out/Thru, and a USB port that supports audio streaming at rates up to 96 kHz/24-bit resolution. Input jacks are located on both the front and rear panels.
Features:- Hardware synth sound module with over 6,000 built-in sounds
- SuperNATURAL sounds with enhanced Behavior Modeling technology for expressive acoustic instruments and accurate reproduction of performance articulations
- Powerful SuperNATURAL synth engine with fat analog synth models and vintage filter types
- V-Drums-derived SuperNATURAL drum engine with natural tonal change
- Built-in SRX Expansion sound library with all 12 SRX titles included
- Dedicated multi-effects and EQ for each part (16 parts)
- Dedicated COMP+EQ (use 6 simultaneously) for drums and ambience parameters for SuperNATURAL drum kits
- 17-Part Motional Surround ambience engine for stereo, headphone, and 5.1-channel output
- INTEGRA-7 Editor for iPad and Motional Surround VSTi Editor for Cakewalk Sonar software
Roland's INTEGRA-7 has all the sounds you could want for producing music, scoring for film or games, demo'ing sounds and instruments in a classroom environment, creating ambient tracks, and more.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Parts: 16 parts
- Tones: SuperNATURAL Acoustic SuperNATURAL Synth SuperNATURAL Drum Kit PCM Synth PCM Drum Kit * GM2 compatible sounds are included.
- Expansion Virtual Slots: 4 Slots * The following titles are loaded from the internal memory into the virtual slots. SRX Series (12 titles) SRX-01 Dynamic Drum Kits SRX-02 Concert Piano SRX-03 Studio SRX SRX-04 Symphonique Strings SRX-05 Supreme Dance SRX-06 Complete Orchestra SRX-07 Ultimate Keys SRX-08 Platinum Trax SRX-09 World Collection SRX-10 Big Brass Ensemble SRX-11 Complete Piano SRX-12 Classic EPs Expansion SuperNATURAL Sounds (6 titles) ExSN1 Ethnic ExSN2 Wood Winds ExSN3 Session ExSN4 A.Guitar ExSN5 Brass ExSN6 SFX Expansion Hi-Quality PCM Sounds (1 title) ExPCM HQ GM2 + HQ PCM Sound Collection * The SRX Series and the Expansion SuperNATURAL Sounds use one virtual slot per title. * The Expansion Hi-Quality PCM Sounds use all four virtual slots.
- Effects: Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 67 types Part EQ: 16 systems Drum Part COMP+EQ: 6 systems Motional Surround Chorus: 3 types Reverb: 6 types Master EQ
- Display: 256 x 80 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- Connectors: PHONES jack (stereo 1/4-inch phone type) INPUT jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type, Front) INPUT jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type, Rear) OUTPUT A (MIX) jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch TRS phone type) OUTPUT A (MIX) jacks (L, R) (XLR type) OUTPUT B jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type) OUTPUT C jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type) OUTPUT D jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type) DIGITAL AUDIO OUT jack (COAXIAL) MIDI connectors (IN, OUT, THRU) USB COMPUTER port (Audio/MIDI) USB Memory port AC IN jack
- Power Consumption: 18 W
- Accessories: Ableton Live Lite Download Card
- Options (sold separately): USB Flash Memory * Use USB flash memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- Width: 481 mm: 18-15/16 inches
- Depth: 262 mm: 10-6/16 inches
- Height: 89 mm: 3-9/16 inches
- Weight: 3.9 kg: 8 lbs. 10 oz.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- with Gator 4-Space Rack Case
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700
Roland INTEGRA-7 Supernatural ModuleWith the development of SuperNATURAL sound and Behavior Modeling technology, Roland has blurred the boundary between acoustic and electronic instruments. Built upon these core technologies, the Roland INTEGRA-7 gives musicians a gold mine of the SuperNATURAL sounds in a fast-access, fully stocked 16-part module. The powerhouse rack comprises a "greatest hits" collection of sounds from Roland's flagship keyboards and V-Drums modules, plus a coveted lineup from the legacy SRX library. It also introduces technology called Motional Surround, a 17-part ambience engine that lets you graphically control the distance and position of each part within 360-degree sound field. With the immense power of the INTEGRA-7, you can create amazingly realistic and detailed orchestral arrangements, immersive, spatial sounds, and beyond.
SuperNATURAL-Powered Music ProductionThe core of the INTEGRA-7 is its SuperNATURAL sounds with Behavior Modeling technology. SuperNATURAL not only mirrors the sounds of acoustic instruments, it also simulate the behavior of instruments when they're played. With SuperNATURAL, sounds come to life under your fingers. Whether used in acoustic or electronic domains, the INTEGRA-7 puts a world of expressive sound in your hands. Go deep inside the programming engine and customize your own sounds, or let the INTEGRA-7 do it all for you. With so many great sounds onboard, and with the INTEGRA-7's organic response to how you play your keyboard/controller, you'll experience a greater level of realism and effortless expression.
SuperNATURAL Acoustic Tones:Grand Piano
- This gorgeous grand provides smooth, seamless tonal changes from soft to hard keystrokes, and natural decay with no "looping". The notes fade beautifully and organically. You can adjust a variety of parameters to customize the sound.
- Recreations of legendary EPs are onboard, including '68 Reed, '73 Stage, '78 Pure, '76 Tine, and '81 Tine. These expressive pianos feature realistic key-off noise and dedicated effects, including a phaser.
- Reproduce chord fingerings, strumming, and melodic performances of steel-, nylon-, and 12-string guitars, as well as Flamenco guitars, ukulele, and mandolin. The INTEGRA-7 also contains several electric guitar models, including a single-coil Strat, and even an amp simulators such as the Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus, stack amps, and more. Electric guitar techniques such as the "Jazz octave" phrase can also be performed easily.
- Pitches transition naturally from note to note when playing tied legato-style melody lines. Effortlessly realize portamento, pizzicato, staccato, and tremolo techniques that are unique to instruments such as violin, viola, cello, and double bass.
- The INTEGRA-7 faithfully reproduces the dynamic changes of tone colors unique to brass instruments; including the over-blowing technique of a saxophone, and the distinctive pitch-bend behavior of a French horn. Perform staccato, fall, and growl techniques with stunning realism.
- Instruments from around the globe are onboard, such as the Shakuhachi (Japan) with authentic pitch and tonal fluctuations caused by breath amount, Erhu (China) with the distinctive pitch bend when transitioning from note to note, Sitar (India) with realistic string resonance, and Kalimba (Africa) with unique vibrating noise of the board and tines. The built-in "ExSN1 (Expansion SuperNATURAL) Ethnic" sound pack can be loaded into a virtual slot for more sounds.
SuperNATURAL SynthesizerThe INTEGRA-7's SuperNATURAL powers also reach beyond acoustic instruments. It's loaded with SuperNATURAL synth tones that meticulously recreate the fat sound of beloved vintage synthesizers, their expressive filters, and unique envelope behaviors. Hundreds of PCM waveforms are onboard as well, providing a treasure trove of classic digital-synth sounds prevalent in the '80s and '90s. You can even edit the sounds intuitively on an iPad with the dedicated editor app.
SuperNATURAL Drums and SFXIn addition to the expressive acoustic tones and full-blown synth engine under the hood of the INTEGRA-7, you'll find a SuperNATURAL drum engine derived from Roland V-Drums. Thanks to Behavior Modeling Technology, the INTEGRA-7 can groove like a real drummer. Drum kits respond smoothly and naturally to velocity, with seamless tonal transitions from soft to loud. Play fast drum fills that don't sound like fake machine-gun fire, and create fluid snare, tom, and cymbal rolls with real-time control of their speed and volume via mod lever. The drum engine even has its own ambience effect, plus six COMP+EQ sets, which you can apply to the drum instruments individually.
The SFX kits offer a variety of stunningly realistic sounds, such as car crash, door slam, footsteps, birds, river, and more. Great for film scoring, some of the effects offer real-time control. For example, using the mod lever, you can realistically control the sound of a virtual audience (the amount of clapping and cheering) or the sound of an ocean tide, rain, and wind.
Essential Legacy Sounds OnboardRoland has a long, celebrated history of creating top-selling synthesizers, and many musicians still rely heavily on their legacy gear. With the INTEGRA-7, a "greatest hits" collection of previous Roland synths is built in. All of the sounds from the XV-5080 are on board, plus all 12 titles from the SRX Expansion libraries, including SRX-05 Supreme Dance with essential electro sounds from vintage TR-808 and -909 drum machines, SRX-06 Complete Orchestra with a huge collection of orchestral instruments and dramatic sound-effects, and SRX-09 World Collection that's like an audio encyclopedia of ethnic instruments including rare, hard to find samples. The INTEGRA-7 is equipped with four virtual expansion slots, which can be used to load four SRX libraries simultaneously. With all of these classic sounds instantly available, plus a stockpile of enhanced SuperNATURAL sounds, the INTEGRA-7 brings the past, present, and future together in one convenient instrument.
Notes: Since the INTEGRA-7 uses the MFX engine, the onboard SRX expansion libraries will not sound identical to previous sound modules and synthesizers. The INTEGRA-7 cannot load data from the XV-5080.
Motional SurroundThe INTEGRA-7 introduces an era of spatial sound design. Motional Surround -- derived from Roland's proprietary RSS (Roland Sound Space) technology -- lets you control not only the left/right panning of sounds, but also their depth, even placing them behind you. A solo instrument can be placed nearby, for example, while the backing or percussion instruments can be placed at a distance, thus creating a sound field with natural width and depth. Motional Surround is particularly stunning when applied to orchestral simulations.
This exciting sound processing can also be applied to external audio; connect an audio player or instrument to the INTEGRA-7's inputs and immerse it in Motional Surround. Adjust the parameters in real time via MIDI, as well as with the dedicated iPad app or VSTi plug-in editor for DAWs such as SONAR. You can even record Motional Surround movements in SONAR for automated playback. Motional Surround supports two-channel output, so you can experience the effect with just two speakers or headphones! 5.1-channel output is also supported for maximum impact with five speakers and a subwoofer.
First-Class HardwareThe hardware design of the INTEGRA-7 is stylish and sturdy. Housed in a rugged metal chassis, it's beautifully designed and built to withstand decades of use, whether in a studio or a touring road rack. The INTEGRA-7's internal components are premium grade, including high-quality, low-noise D/A converters. It's also equipped with dedicated effects engines, so you don't have to worry about CPU load; each of the 16 parts can have their own MFX and EQ, rather than sharing the same effects for all parts.
Across the INTEGRA-7's front panel are dedicated buttons for accessing sounds and effects quickly, plus a large value dial surrounded by navigation keys. The LCD is easy to see, and you can adjust its contrast and brightness to suit the viewing angle and lighting conditions. On the rear panel is an array of versatile connectors, including stereo XLR outputs, eight individual 1/4-inch phone outs, a digital (coaxial) output, MIDI in/out/thru, and a USB port that supports audio streaming at rates up to 24-bit/96 kHz. For convenience and flexibility, input jacks are provided on both the rear and front panels.
Cool Features and Add-OnsThe INTEGRA-7 is packed with innovative and powerful features, including a Tone Finder wizard that organizes the 6,000-plus onboard sounds into logical categories for quick location. Simply press the dedicated Tone Finder button and choose your category; once you find a sound, press the volume knob/button to preview it. The preview plays a suitable phrase for each sound, so you know what kind of articulation behavior it's able to produce. Other noteworthy features included an ultra high-quality GM2 sound set (uses all four virtual slots) for playing SMF files via external sequencers, six additional SuperNATURAL sounds (uses one virtual slot each), a front-panel USB memory port (which lets you conveniently store your settings on a USB thumb drive), and a custom iPad Editor App for iPad users who wish to control the INTEGRA-7's synth parameters, part mixer, and Motional Surround remotely, as well as selecting sounds and reading/loading the 16-part Studio Sets.
Perfect partners for the INTEGRA-7 are Roland's A-88 and A-49 MIDI controller keyboards. The SuperNATURAL button on the A-88/-49 automatically assigns the INTEGRA-7's most appropriate parameters to the mod lever, knobs, and D-BEAM for controlling the selected SuperNATURAL sound.
The INTEGRA-7 in ActionFor Pro Music Production
- The INTEGRA-7 has over 6,000 internal sounds that span a complete musical universe of styles. To have the equivalent on your computer, you'd need to instantiate several soft synths and concern yourself with RAM and CPU overload. INTEGRA has practically every sound in every category for music and film-scoring production -- from essential acoustic sounds such as pianos, brass, drums, and strings to ethnic instruments from Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. It also contains a wide variety of SFX patches for adding dramatic impact to your songs and soundscapes. Activate Motional Surround to add dimensions to your sound, such as orchestral simulations with stunning depth and realism.
For Television and Radio
- If you need high-quality tracks for broadcast, and you need them fast, you can feed the INTEGRA-7 Standard MIDI Files and marvel at the beauty of the internal GM2 sound set. By using Motional Surround, you can also create jaw-dropping sound effects and jingles with incredible motion and depth. If you have a stockpile of pre-recorded jingles and effects clips, you can run them through the INTEGRA-7's audio inputs and apply Motional Surround to those recordings.
For Music Schools
- When teaching music composition, the INTEGRA-7 is a useful tool to demonstrate sounds and instruments of the world, all from within a self-contained, dedicated device. With a recommended A-49 or A-88 MIDI controller connected, and a single press of the SuperNATURAL button, you're instantly ready to take full advantage of the INTEGRA-7's highly expressive sounds. Teachers and students can conveniently store and carry their custom settings via a USB thumb drive.
For Museums, Art Galleries, and Planetariums
- With the INTEGRA-7's Motional Surround engine, you can create music for special exhibits that take audiences into different dimensions. Place and rotate the elements of your sound effects and compositions in a 360-degree sound field, while also controlling their positional depths. You can even use your computer or iPad to adjust the surround locations graphically. Motional Sound can be used in two-channel mode, headphone mode, and 5.1-channel mode*.
*For 5.1-channel playback, you'll need five powered speakers (left, right, center, rear-left, rear-right) and one powered subwoofer. Dolby Digital and DTS are not supported.
Features:- Flagship synth module with over 6,000 sounds built in
- The SuperNATURAL sounds with enhanced Behavior Modeling technology for expressive acoustic instruments and accurate reproduction of performance articulations
- Powerful SuperNATURAL synth engine with fat analog synth models and vintage filter types
- Dynamic SuperNATURAL drum engine with natural tonal change derived from Roland V-Drums
- Producer's "must-have" SRX Expansion sound library built in; all 12 SRX titles included
- Dedicated multi-effects and EQ for each part (16 parts), plus dedicated COMP+EQ (use six simultaneously) for drums and ambience parameters for SuperNATURAL drum kits
- Innovative 17-part Motional Surround ambience engine for stereo, headphone, and 5.1-channel output
- INTEGRA-7 Editor for iPad and Motional Surround VSTi Editor for SONAR software