When your collection of effects pedals and stompboxes no longer excites you -- or your guitar -- check out the Roland GR-55 guitar synthesizer and give yourself the sound overhaul you deserve. With this advanced floor pedal, you can perform with more than 900 unique, customizable synth tones and guitar models.
A Hi-Tech Mecca for Synthesis Enthusiasts
Made up of two PCM synthesizers, the GR-55's triple-core engine makes this Roland guitar synth fast, versatile, and fun to play. The triple-core engine provides a wealth of virtual guitars, basses, amps, and synth voices, all of which may be accessed instantly with quick-access category buttons and foot pedals. The GR-55's expansive collection of unique sounds is ready to go for a variety of genres, in the studio or on stage.
Roland's pitch-detection technology adds an unrivaled touch of speed and accuracy to the guitar synthesizer, ensuring that it plays exactly what you want to play, when you want to play it. According to Roland, the COSM guitar-modeling engine needs zero detection time, allowing the GR-55 to respond instantly and exactly as you play, detecting pitch, velocity, and behavior faster than your synapses can tell your brain what just happened.
Play with Powerful Presets
If you're a "plug and play" type of musician who would rather start playing right out of the box than mess with programming and editing sounds, you will enjoy the many presets available on the GR-55. Dive right in to a collection of 270 ready-to-use presets, as well as 297 user presets, accessible with simple category buttons. There to kick off your noodle session or jam, the presets cover all popular genres, including pop and rock.
When you want to delve deeper into the GR-55's sounds, check out the EZ Edit function, which makes it "EZ" to customize sounds and make them your own. Other features that make the synth easy to use include a large LCD, a number of controllable parameters, and USB connectivity. Use the two USB ports -- one on the rear panel and one on the side -- for MIDI communication or to exchange audio files and upload samples or effects. On the GR-55, your feet control USB audio playback, leaving your hands free to play your guitar.
- Guitar synthesizer pedal combines guitar synthesis and COSM amp/guitar modeling
- Add the Roland GK-3 Divided Pickup to your guitar to send MIDI data from the guitar to the GR-55
- Up to 4 sound sources at a time: 2 PCM synth tones, plus COSM guitar modeling and normal guitar input
- Over 900 fully editable PCM sounds cover pianos, organs, strings, vintage synths, and more
- Straightforward parameters and buttons make it easy to use
- Advanced Roland technology provides excellent sound quality and fast response
- 2 Types of multi-effects engines, plus global reverb, chorus, and delay effects, and an onboard looper
- Built-in USB audio player with foot control
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- PCM: 2 tones Modeling: 1 tone
- PCM: 910 types
- Modeling: 23 types (guitar mode) 17 types (bass mode)
- MFX (Multi-Effects): 20 types
- AMP (Preamp): 42 types
- MOD (Modulation): 14 types
- DELAY: 7 types
- REVERB: 5 types
- CHORUS: 4 types
- EQ: 1 type
- Guitar mode Preset: 270 + User: 297
- Bass mode Preset: 90 + User: 297
- 24-bit (GK Pickup)
- 24-bit + AF method ** (Normal Pickup)
DA Conversion: 24-bit
Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
Nominal Output Level:
- OUTPUT jacks: -10 dBu
- GUITAR OUT jack: -10 dBu
- OUTPUT jacks: 2 k ohms
- GUITAR OUT jack: 2 k ohms
USB Memory Audio Player:
- File Format: WAV, AIFF
Display: Graphic LCD 240 x 64 dots
Connectors: GK IN connector (13 pins DIN type) GUITAR OUT jack (1/4-inch phone type) OUTPUT L/MONO, R jacks (1/4-inch phone type) PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type) MIDI connectors (IN, OUT) (5-pin DIN type) USB COMPUTER connector (supports Hi-Speed USB, USB MIDI and USB Audio) USB MEMORY connector (supports Hi-Speed USB Flash Memory) DC IN jack
Power Supply: DC 9 V
Current Draw: 700 mA
Accessories Included: AC adaptor Owner's manual Divided pickup (GK-3) (only for GK included model) GK cable (5 m) (only for GK included model
Options (sold separately): Divided pickup: GK-3 (for guitar), GK-3B (for bass guitar) GK cable: GKC-5 (5 m), GKC-10 (10 m) MIDI foot controller: FC-300 Unit selector: US-20Size and Weight
- 405 mm
- 16 inches
- 244 mm
- 9-10/16 inches
- 78 mm
- 3-1/8 inches
- 3.3 kg
- 7 lbs. 5 oz.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Black, GR-55SBK
- Shipping Weight: 10 lbs
- Black, GR-55GKBK, with GK Pickup
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700
The Roland GR-55 is a revolution in guitar synthesis, with features never before available in any guitar processor. In terms of speed, it's the fastest ever. It's also the most accurate, thanks to recently developed pitch-detection technology. As for sound, the triple-core generator houses a world-class array of virtual guitars, basses, amps, and synth voices, enabling tones and textures that have never been heard before. Onstage or in the studio, you can instantly access the GR-55's huge library of ready-to-use sounds, from pop to rock and beyond, with quick-access category buttons.
- A revolutionary fusion of guitar synthesis and powerful COSM(r) guitar modeling
- Up to four sound sources at a time: two PCM synth tones, plus COSM guitar modeling and normal guitar input
- Easy to use and easy to play with hundreds of great, ready-to-use sounds for rock or pop guitarists
- Advanced Roland technology provides superb sound quality and lightning-fast processing
- Over 900 of Roland's fully editable PCM sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage synths, and much more
- COSM guitar and amp modeling
- Two types of multi-effects engines, plus global reverb, chorus, and delay effects, and an onboard looper
- Built-in USB audio player with foot control
- Available with or without GK-3 Divided Pickup
Greater Sound Possibilities
The GR-55's powerful triple-core engine comprises two PCM synthesizers (with over 900 tones powered by Roland synthesis technology) and COSM guitar modeling, featuring a virtual treasure trove of guitar, bass, amp, and synth models. Together, these combined technologies allow you to create unique, revolutionary sounds. The "Metal Synth Lead" preset, for example, combines two types of thick, brilliant synth textures with an overdriven solid-body/humbucking tone for incredible punch and power.
Thanks to Roland's decades of research and dedication to guitar synthesizers and powerful pitch detection technology, the GR-55 is far and away the fastest guitar synth ever. Furthermore, the COSM guitar-modeling engine needs zero detection time, allowing the GR-55 to respond instantly and exactly as you play. The GR-55 detects pitch, velocity, and behavior for unprecedented response to your performance.
Get ready to rock...and fast! The GR-55 puts you instantly in touch with a huge library of amazing sounds, no editing required. The onboard lineup of ready-to-use presets (270, plus 297 user) takes the pain out of the process, with simple category buttons for finding the perfect sound fast. Choose from hundreds of great presets for pop, rock, and beyond, and kick-start your song or jam with unique, powerful sounds that will turn heads and raise fists.
Easy to Use
If you're just beginning your journey into the world of technology, fear not. The GR-55 is powerful yet extremely friendly. For customizing sounds, the EZ Edit feature (made famous in the GT-10) and large LCD takes the guesswork out of the process. And for those who want to go deep, the GR-55 offers huge array of controllable parameters.
The GR-55 conveniently bridges the guitarist to the desktop music production world with its two USB ports. The rear-panel port can be used one for MIDI/Audio data communication; the side-panel port is dedicated to real-time playback of audio files from a USB memory device (sold separately). The GR-55 provides foot control of USB audio playback so your hands never need to leave the guitar.