Roland's FA-08 Workstation Picks Up Where the Fantom Left Off!Not just a keyboard, the Roland FA-08 doubles as the control center of your music studio. In the tradition of the Roland Fantom series, this 88-key workstation packs a ton of INTEGRA-7 sounds, along with powerful effects, a 16-track sequencer, expressive real-time controls, onboard sampling, USB audio/MIDI interfacing, DAW transport controls, and much more. Station yourself in front of the FA-08 workstation and you'll have everything you need to turn basic song ideas into stage-ready tracks.
Sounds Like a RolandRoland has a solid reputation for packing its keyboards with killer sounds, and the FA-08 doesn't disappoint. Continuing the legacy with over 2,000 tones borrowed from Roland's flagship INTEGRA-7 pro sound module, the 88-note FA-08 is your go-to source for just about any kind of sound, whether it's expressive SuperNATURAL synth and XV-5080 PCM tones, or expressive SuperNATURAL-driven acoustic tones covering pianos, organs, drums, bass, strings, and so forth.
Expressive Effects and 6 Real-Time "Sound Modify" KnobsPolish your sounds and sequencer tracks with professional effects, right on the workstation. For sound shaping, the FA-08 sports independent MFX engines for all 16 parts of a Studio Set, and each engine includes 67 different effects types that you can tweak in real time. Six COMP+EQ processors cover all your basic bases, and TFX (total effects) allow you to process the entire output of the FA-08 with unique effects. You can easily adjust your FX via the Sound Modify knobs.
Non-Stop Music CreationTurn musical ideas into something real with the keyboard's onboard 16-track sequencer, and then transform the skeleton of a song into full arrangements with the FA-08's massive sound collection. Continuous recording in loop mode enables you to work all 16 tracks without skipping a beat, and the option to input notes with either real-time capture or step recording means you have lots of flexibility when it comes to getting your notes in there. When you're done, export your tracks as WAVs or MIDI files for use in your DAW.
Seamless Integration with Your DAWThe dedicated DAW Control button provides a fast way to get the FA-08 to talk to your computer via USB. Once the FA-08 and your Mac or PC have made friends, you can use the keyboard as a USB audio interface for direct recording to your digital audio workstation, or to control plug-in effects, play software synths, and more. Control maps for major DAWs make setup even faster.
Rear-panel input jacks let you record mics, guitars, or stereo line level devices straight to your DAW software. You can also capture the FA-08's internal sounds and sampler playback, and monitor the DAW output through the stereo output and headphones jacks.
Sweeten Your Songs with SamplesRoland's FA-08 also features an onboard sampler based on the Roland SP-404SX, for quick hands-on operation and sampling and playback via SDHC cards. Play audio samples directly from the keyboard's 16 pads, and expand your performances with loops, backing tracks, one-shots, vocal phrases, sound FX, and more. It's easy to sample the FA-08's own sounds or external sources via the Mic/Guitar and Line inputs, as well as play samples (WAV, AIFF, or MP3) transferred from your computer.
Solid Playing Field: 88-Note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard and MoreThe FA-08's 88 weighted-action Ivory Feel-G keys are equipped with the latest sensor technologies, plus the all-important escapement mechanism for playing soft notes repeatedly, with the same catch as with a grand piano. As you play, let your hands explore the workstation's D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions for other means of creative expression, and keep tabs on everything with the large color LCD.
Features:- Music workstation keyboard for creative sound design and live performance
- 88-Note weighted Ivory Feel-G Keyboard
- INTEGRA-7 sound module packs over 2,000 sounds, including SuperNATURAL synth and acoustic tones and drums, with the option to add more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots
- SuperNATURAL synth engine is fully compatible with free INTEGRA-7 synth tones available from Roland's Axial sound library site
- 16-Track sequencer with non-stop loop recording for building songs on the fly
- Export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix, or as multitrack audio or MIDI data for use in your DAW
- Onboard sampler with 16 pads x 4 banks and direct recording/playback via SDHC cards
- Studio-quality effects, including 16 independent MFX engines; 6 COMP+EQ processors for drums; TFX (total effects); and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time with 6 user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Streamlined interface with large color LCD is easy to navigate
- Configure the FA-08 for use with your DAW via USB
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions for creative playing
- Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording
- Dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing/recording
- USB ports for sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer
- MIDI communication with the iPad is possible when using Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Roland products.
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 323-890-3700
Product DescriptionRoland's FA series completely re-imagines the music workstation, streamlining it for effortless real-time power, ultra-fast workflow, and maximum versatility. Ready to support any type of music you play, the FA-08 features an 88-note weighted-action keyboard and comes packed with a massive sound collection inherited from the flagship INTEGRA-7, a ton of studio-quality effects, and expressive real-time controls, plus onboard sampling with zero load time for instant audio playback from the 16 backlit pads. The sequencer offers simple operation and non-stop loop recording, letting you capture songs and ideas as they come and export them as multitrack data to use with your DAW. Flowing seamlessly into every part of your creative world, the FA-08 morphs instantly from a standalone keyboard to become the command center of your computer music studio, with USB audio/MIDI interfacing, powerful real-time controllers, DAW transport controls, and much more.
No work, all playMusic workstations play an important role for keyboardists in a wide range of creative activities, from live performance to song development to production in the studio. However, they can often be complicated and difficult to use to their full potential, bogging down the creative process and inhibiting the flow of ideas. In developing the FA series, Roland has completely reimagined the music workstation to provide musicians an inspiring platform that's extremely powerful and versatile, yet simple and intuitive at the same time. With a streamlined interface and focused, practical features that maximize your creative flow, the FA series allows you to experience freedom to deeply explore and develop your musical ideas with less effort than ever before.
Perform and record with Roland's best soundsThe true measure of any music workstation lies with the quality and diversity of its sounds. Filled with over 2000 tones directly inherited from the INTEGRA-7, Roland's flagship pro sound module, the FA series truly delivers in this area and then some. All of the INTEGRA-7's SuperNATURAL(R) synth and XV-5080 PCM tones are onboard, plus an essential collection of ultra-expressive SuperNATURAL acoustic tones that includes pianos, organs, drums, bass, strings, and more. The FA-08's sound engine is fully compatible with the large, growing collection of INTEGRA-7 synth tones available as free downloads from Roland's Axial sound library site, and it's also possible to expand the onboard sound set with FA-series wave sound expansion collections.
Capture ideas and create songs without interruptionSimple yet powerful, the FA-08's intuitive 16-track sequencer has been designed to let you capture your inspiration as it happens -- recording is always just a simple button press away, ensuring that you'll never lose an idea. In a flash, you can build a full arrangement with the FA-08's huge array of sounds, and with continuous recording in loop mode, you're able to fill up all 16 tracks without ever stopping! In addition to real-time capture, step recording is also possible, and you have complete control to edit and mix your tracks as you go and save your song to an SDHC card as a stereo audio file. It's also possible to export your tracks as individual WAV audio files and/or MIDI data for further development in your DAW, making the FA-08 a powerful sketchpad for capturing initial sparks that will form the basis for your full-scale computer music productions.
Seamless hardware integration with your DAWIn addition to standalone use as a performance instrument and composing workstation, the FA-08 transitions into your computer-based music production world with ease. A simple press of the dedicated DAW Control button instantly sets up the FA-08 to communicate with your computer via USB*, letting you use the keyboard and knobs to send MIDI data to your DAW for playing software synths, controlling plug-in effects, and more. The FA-08 also includes control maps for popular DAWs, providing a quick and easy setup to control transport functions and more in your specific software. You can even use the FA-08 as a USB audio interface to record a variety of different sources directly into your DAW, including a mic, guitar, or stereo line level device connected to the FA-08's rear-panel input jacks, and you can capture the FA-08's internal sounds and sampler playback as well. Sound output is also supported, allowing you to monitor the DAW output through the stereo output and headphones jacks on the FA-08.
*USB communication requires installation of the FA-series USB driver on your computer.
Instant-access performance sampler onboardBased on Roland's mega-popular SP-404SX, the sampler in the FA series features fun, fast, hands-on operation and sampling/playback via convenient SDHC cards. You can play audio samples directly from the 16 pads on the FA-08 panel, making it easy to expand your performances with loops, backing tracks, one-shots, vocal phrases, sound FX, and more. Thanks to SDHC flash memory, your samples load instantly with no wait time, and you can use the four pad banks and clipboard function to rearrange your samples as needed for any performance. It's super-easy to sample the FA-08's own sounds or external sources via the Mic/Guitar and Line inputs, and you can even play WAV, AIFF, or MP3 samples that you've transferred from your computer. A variety of editing features allow you to tweak your samples to taste, including quick adjustment of playback position and level. In addition to sample triggering, the pads can be used for numerous functions such as muting parts, entering numeric values in the display, and more.
Enhance your soundsWith its large selection of pro effects, the FA-08 provides numerous options for polishing your sounds and sequencer tracks to studio-level perfection. Independent MFX engines are available for all 16 parts of a Studio Set, giving you an enormous level of sound shaping for both live playing and song mixing. Each MFX engine contains 67 different effects types to choose from, with an additional option of a vocoder when MFX are used with Part 1. Six separate COMP+EQ processors are dedicated for individual drum sounds, while global EQ, chorus, and reverb are on tap to add a finishing touch to any of your parts as needed. With the unique TFX (total effects), you also have the ability to process the entire output of the FA-08 with dramatic effects such as DJ FX Looper, Isolator, and many others. All the effects can be tweaked in real time via the Sound Modify knobs, making it simple to enhance your keyboard playing, sampling, and sequencer tracks with dynamic sonic textures.
Fast workflow and real-time controlYou can feel the speed of this breed of instrument the moment you hit the power switch -- unlike many workstations that can take a minute or more to boot, the FA-08 is ready to play in seconds. The panel is logically organized into dedicated sections, and the large color LCD presents a gorgeous look with inviting hi-res graphics for selecting tones, working with the sequencer, and adjusting various settings. It's easy to navigate through the FA-08's large sound selection by category and assign favorites for fast recall, while dedicated buttons deliver instant access to often-used functions such as transpose, octave range, and many others. With six knobs and a powerful yet easy-to-use assignment matrix, the Sound Modify section lets you control a wide range of parameters in real time for maximum expression while performing live and working in the studio.
Light and mobile with 88 weighted-action keysIncorporating Roland's most advanced sensor technologies, escapement mechanism, and Ivory Feel features, the FA-08's 88-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard delivers inspiring weighted-action performance for all of your musical explorations. Derived from our high-end pianos, this keyboard provides superior touch and sensitivity in an innovative lightweight design that doesn't compromise authentic playability. This makes the FA-08 much easier to transport than many other 88-note keyboards, something that gigging musicians will greatly appreciate.
Features:- Reimagined music workstation designed to maximize your creative flow
- 88-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard provides premium weighted-action performance in a lightweight design that's easy to transport
- Over 2000 sounds from the flagship INTEGRA-7 sound module, including SuperNATURAL(R) synth and acoustic tones and drums; add even more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots
- SuperNATURAL synth engine is fully compatible with the expansive collection of free INTEGRA-7 synth tones available from Roland's Axial sound library site
- 16-track sequencer with non-stop loop recording makes it easy to build songs quickly; export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix, or as multitrack audio or MIDI data for use in your DAW
- Onboard sampler based on the SP-404SX features 16 pads x 4 banks and direct recording/playback via SDHC cards
- Polish your sounds with a multitude of studio-quality effects, including 16 independent MFX engines, six COMP+EQ processors for drums, unique TFX (total effects), and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time with six user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Intuitive, streamlined interface with large color LCD
- Press one button to instantly configure the FA-08 for use with your DAW via USB
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions to expand your creative palette
- Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording; dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing/recording
- USB ports for sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer; MIDI communication with the iPad is possible when using Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit