There's no shortage of portable MIDI keyboard controllers on the market, but portability often equates to subpar keyboard action. With the Roland A-49, the game has changed -- this lightweight, slim-line controller features a premium-grade, full-size keyboard that raises the bar in its class. The A-49 is a dream for musicians seeking a simple, easy-to-use MIDI keyboard with pro-quality playing feel.
Great Keys, Great Controls
The A-49's keys have a rounded shape for better reaction to the player's touch and more comfortable glissandi. Other enhancements have been made to reduce the already low mechanical noise and eliminate vertical shake. All of these features add up to a keyboard that even the most discerning pros will appreciate. Add color to your sound and excitement to your performance by waving your hands over the invisible D-BEAM. The A-49 can assign all its controllers automatically for fully utilizing an external SuperNATURAL sound module such as the INTEGRA-7. It's also a great second keyboard for controlling synthesizers that have onboard SuperNATURAL sounds, such as the JUPITER-80 and JUPITER-50.
The A-49 was born for mobile use. It's strong yet amazingly lightweight (less than six pounds/2.5 kilograms), making it easy to lift and carry. And although it has a very streamlined design, the A-49 features a full-size, premium keyboard with 49 velocity-sensitive keys. For the ultimate in portable convenience, the A-49 is powered from your computer's USB bus -- no power cable or adapter is required. It draws a minimal amount of current, which is ideal for a USB bus-powered device.
Make Music with Your Mac or PC
The A-49 provides clean connections via its recessed rear panel, so you can place a computer monitor or laptop in the perfect position for creating music. Two knobs, two switches, and the D-BEAM controller are all easily accessible and intelligently arranged to make your workflow fast and fluid. Dedicated octave buttons offer immediate control of the key scale, and a transpose button is provided for adjusting the scale in semitone steps; LED indicators give you instant visual feedback of your octave/transpose settings. Other settings can be accessed via the Function button, which lets you use the keys to perform additional tasks printed above the keyboard.
Perfect Partner for the iPad*
Recently, many musicians have gravitated toward their Apple iPads to record musical ideas. While there are small MIDI keyboards that can be used with the iPad, the A-49 gives you pro playability as well as mobility. Its clean, clutter-free surface and excellent feel keeps your fingers on the keys and your mind on the music.
*The A-49 can be connected to the iPad via Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit.
- 49 full-size keys with velocity sensitivity
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to use
- Two knobs, two switches, and D-BEAM controller
- USB bus powered; no AC adapter required
- Bundled with Cakewalk SONAR LE software
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Keyboard: 49 keys -- velocity sensitive
- Controllers: Buttons: S1, S2 (Assignable) Knobs: C1, C2 (Assignable) Foot Pedals: HOLD, EXPRESSION Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever D-BEAM Controller
- Buttons: [Function] button [SuperNATURAL] button [Octave +/-] button [Transpose] button
- Display: Power Indicator LED Octave Indicator LED
- Connectors: HOLD Pedal jack: 1/4-inch phone type EXPRESSION Pedal jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type MIDI OUT connector USB COMPUTER port (USB Type B)
- Interface: USB
- Power Supply: Supplied from the computer via USB COMPUTER port
- Current Draw: 98 mA
- Accessories: Owner's Manual A-49 CD-ROM USB Cable SONAR LE DVD-ROM (Windows) SONAR LE installation guide (Windows)
- Options (sold separately): Pedal Switch (DP-2/DP-10) Expression Pedal (EV-5/EV-7)
- Width: 836 mm: 32-15/16"
- Depth: 182 mm: 7-3/16"
- Height: 84 mm: 3-5/16"
- Weight: 2.5 kg: 5 lbs. 9 oz.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 7 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 7 lbs