Rocktron Prophesy II Rackmount PreampNothing compares to this outstanding DSP processor that provides the ultimate control over your tone and effects. The Prophesy provides unprecedented depth and flexibility. From a pure processing standpoint, the Rocktron Prophesy is a tremendously powerful tone-shaping tool.
The Prophesy takes the Top 4 Guitar sounds used in today's music such as, Clean American, Texas Blues, Vintage British, and Mega Drive; and combines them with the best sounding effects available ranging from Ducker Delay to Tremolo, Wah, Phaser, and other classics.
The preamp section also features a parametric Pre EQ, which allows you to "pre-shape" your tone to simulate the characteristics of several different guitars (such as fine-tuning your Strat to sound more like a Les Paul, Etc) as well as an additional parametric Post EQ to add extra Lows, High, or scoop out the Mids. And if that's not enough, we also included a Global Parametric EQ which adjust the overall output of the Prophesy on all presets.
Preamp Section:The preamp section of the Prophesy features four channels each with their own distinct "voicings" to provide a vast array of desired tube amp sounds. Each voicing may be thought of as a "channel" and each channel has it's own basic gain and master controls with bass, mid, treble and presence controls, all easily accessible with "real amp" knobs on the front panel, just like a regular amp head.
- Channel 1 or Clean American, replicates some of the most sought-after clean vintage tweed amps of the late 50's and 60's.
- Channel 2 or "Texas Blues", is a vintage tweed with a bit more "kick" and "bite" often heard from the famous southwest bluesers ala "Billy Gibbons, Stevie Ray, Eric Johnson, Etc.".
- Channel 3 or "Vintage British", is a traditional "Plexi Style" tone offering some of the most dynamic rhythm tone available.
- Channel 4 or "Mega Drive" is considered the Holy Grail of almighty heavy tone of modern music pumping out everything from early Van Halen to Megadeth and everything in between.
The post-effects section provides ultra-transparent, high-quality effects which completely preserve the tone of the preamp-thick reverbs and lush choruses can be used without coloring the sound of the preamp's tone. Four assignable "effect blocks" allow you to assign 1 effect pre-preamp and 3 post preamp effects in any order you choose, including Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Pitch Shift, Rotary Speaker, Ducker Delay, etc. Prophesy also features a versatile mixer section to control the mix between dry and wet signal output of every effect used in the preset.
Effects Section:The effects section of the Prophesy is divided up into two sections, Pre distortion (or pre-preamp), and post distortion (or post preamp) for unlimited configurations of effects. The pre-effects section features Wah, Compressor, HUSH(r), Pre-EQ, as well as one assignable effect of your choice.
If the effects in the Prophesy are not enough, we included a true stereo effect loop which may be assigned anywhere in the effect chain just like an internal effect. Want just an incredibly powerful effect processor? Just bypass the preamp section completely and use the Prophesy a stand-alone effect unit.
The ADSR (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release) function features Rocktron's Pluck Detection patent-pending, and allows you to configure any of the Prophesy parameters to be controlled dynamically by each pluck of a guitar string.
Other features include a visual representation of the assigned effects signal chain, preset title, the voicing (channel) being used, are all conveniently displayed on the first preset page.
Features:- Dynamic Tube Replication Technology (DTR)
- User Definable Effect Configurations
- User Assignable Stereo Effect Loop
- Tap Tempo Delay and Tremolo
- Built-in Chromatic Tuner
- Stereo XLR Outputs
- Real Amp Knobs for On-The-Fly Tone, Volume and Preset Adjustments
- "Pluck Detector" (patent-pending) and ADSR for Dynamic Effect Control
- Pre and Post Distortion and Global EQ
- Pre Distortion Effects and Post Distortion Effects
- Programmable Speaker Simulator w/ Parameters for Speaker Size, MIC Position, Reactance
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Rocktron products.
- Input impedance: 470K ohms
- Output impedance: <150 ohms
- Maximum input/output level: +20dBu
- MIDI in: 7-pin DIN
- MIDI out/thru: 5 pin DIN
- Input jack: 1/4" mono
- Output jacks: 1/4" left and right
- Recording output jacks: XLR left and right
- Power requirements: 9VAC / 3.4 amps
- Dimension: 19 x 3.5 x 8", UL, CSA and CE approved operation
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Rocktron offers a one year warranty on parts and workmanship from date of purchase. Where applicable, tubes are not covered under this warranty.
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-388-4447