Rane MLM 65 Mic Line Rackmount MixerSo easy to use anyone can operate it! The Rane MLM 65 Mic/Line Mixer is designed for easy manual mixing of up to 6 mic/line inputs and playback of one of several stereo audio sources, including modern USB audio and old school vinyl. The MLM 65 features and topology are simple for non-technical operators, and its dedicated USB Charge port supports the kids' MP3 players.
The MLM 65 provides 6 manually mixed mic/line XLR inputs each with a front panel Pan and Fader Level control, plus a window slot atop each input for installer-created labels. These inputs also have independent rear panel screw-driver Gain trims, Overload indicators, 12 volt Phantom Power and Mic/Line switches.
One of six stereo Aux inputs is selectable on the front panel with a Level fader for the selected source being mixed. A single large window slot for installer-created Aux source labels makes operation simple for newbies. The stereo Aux inputs include five consumer RCA inputs each with screw-driver input gain trim. The Aux 1 input provides an additional 3.5 mm stereo TRS jack and an adjacent dedicated USB Charge port for an iPod or other USB-powered audio device.
For audio sources requiring diamond needles drug through the spiral-grooved black lacquer discs of yore, the Aux 4 input's phono/line switch satisfies those addicted to the warm even-order harmonic distortion of phono cartridges. A large phono ground post is nearby for added sheen.
The sixth Aux input enters via the USB Audio port. The MLM 65 registers as a standard USB audio device with either Windows(R) or Apple(R) operating systems, and both incoming and outgoing audio is stereo 16-bit, 48 kHz PCM. This accommodates pristine, far-beyond-CD-quality playback of audio from dozens of instantly compatible laptop software programs. The front panel Headphone outputs on 1/4" and 3.5 mm jacks have a dedicated meter with peak hold, rotary Level control and are fed audio from the selected/illuminated Cue button. Stereo headphone cueing of any mic, the selected Aux input or the Main mix is supported. The Main Level fader and meter with peak hold on the front affects only the Main stereo XLR Outputs which sport a Mono switch. The stereo Record RCA outputs with screw-driver adjustable attenuator provide a local analog output for recording to MP3 players or nearby camcorders.
Simultaneous digital audio recording of the manual mix to S/PDIF, TOSLINK and/or USB audio provides a formidable mixing ally in today's audio world. The three digital audio outputs of the mix are 24-bit / 48 kHz S/PDIF and TOSLINK, and 16-bit / 48 kHz USB audio. The same laptop can simultaneously playback and record via USB.
The MLM 65 contains an internal universal power supply (100-240 VAC). The unit is CSA certified.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Rane products.
- Aux Inputs 1,2,3,5: Stereo, Unbalanced, RCA
- Maximum Input: +20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 20 kO, 1%
- Gain Trim Range: +/-12 dB
- Frequency Response: +/-0.25 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Aux Input 4: Stereo, Unbalanced, RCA
- Phono/Line: Selectable
- Input Impedance: 47.5 kO, 1%
- Gain Trim Range: +/-12 dB
- Line Frequency Response: +/-0.25 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Phono Gain: 35 dB, 1 kHz
- Phono Frequency Response: RIAA +/-0.5 dB, 30 Hz to 20 kHz
- Record Output: Stereo, Unbalanced, RCA
- Maximum Output: +20 dBu, 10 kO load
- Output Impedance: 200 O, 1%
- Output Trim Range: 0 dB to -12 dB
- S/N: >98 dB re +4 dBu, 20Hz to 20 kHz, 0 dB gain
- THD+N: < 0.1%, 20Hz to 20 kHz, +4 dBu, 0 dB gain, 10 kO load
- Main Output: Stereo, Balanced, XLR
- Mono/Stereo: Selectable
- Maximum Output: +26 dBu, 10 kO load per leg
- Output Impedance: 200 O, 1% per leg
- S/N: >92 dB re +4 dBu, 20Hz to 20 kHz, 0 dB gain
- THD+N: < 0.1%, 20Hz to 20 kHz, +4 dBu, 10 kO load per leg
- Headphone Output: Stereo, Unbalanced, 1/4" and 3.5mm TRS
- Maximum Output Power: 180 mW into 150 O
- Output Volume Range: +4.5 dB to off
- Frequency Response: 23 Hz to 70 kHz, -3 dB points
- S/N: >96 dB re +4 dBu, 20Hz to 20 kHz, 4.5 dB gain
- THD+N: < 0.02%, 20Hz to 20 kHz, +4 dBu, 150 O load
- Master/Cue Meters: Mono, peak detecting
- Sensitivity: 0 dB indication = 0 dBu (-20 dBFS)
- Mic Inputs: Mono, Balanced, XLR
- Mic/Line: each Input selectable
- Phantom Power: 12 V, 681 O per leg, each Input selectable
- Overload Indication: 5.5 dB before clipping
- Mic/Line Maximum Input: +12 dBu / +28 dBu, minimum gain
- Mic/Line Input Impedance: 637 O / 4 kO per leg
- Mic/Line Gain Trim Range: 10 dB to 52 dB / -6 dB to 10 dB, typical
- Mic/Line Frequency Response: 20 Hz (-0.5 dB/-0.5 dB) to 20 kHz (-1.5 dB/-2 dB)
- EIN: 127 dBu, Rs = 150 O, g = 55 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Mic/Line CMRR: -40 dB, max., 1 kHz
- TOSLINK and S/PDIF Outputs: Optical and RCA
- Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- Resolution: 24-bit
- Dynamic Range: 104 dB
- THD+N: < 0.02%, 20Hz to 20 kHz, -20 dBFS
- USB Digital Audio: Stereo In/Out, USB Type B
- Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- Resolution: 16-bit
- Dynamic Range: 94 dB
- THD+N: < 0.04%, 20Hz to 20 kHz, +4 dBu
- Parameter: Specification
- USB Charge Only Port: USB Type A
- Output Voltage: +5 VDC max.
- Output Current: +500 mA max.
- Power Supply Requirement: 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, .24 amp
- Agency Listing: c/CSA/us
- Construction: All Steel
- Unit Size: 5.25"H x 19"W x 5.3"D (3U) (13.3 x 48.3 x 13.5 cm)
- Unit Weight: 7 lb (3.16 kg)
- Shipping Size: 11" x 23" x 16" (27.9 x 58.4 x 40.6 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 11 lb (4.99 kg)
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 425-355-6000