QSC PLD340 Powerlight 3 Series Power AmpQSC has taken the most requested features of the PowerLight 2 series to the next level. The PL340 power amp from the PowerLight 3 Series is designed for the most demanding live audio users, whether in touring rigs or fixed installations. Its lightweight design and great features like the QSC DataPort which ensures full compatibility with advanced digital processing and QSControl.net truly set the PL340 apart. Pro-grade features, sound and reliability all in a two-rack space, 15.6 inch deep and 22 lb chassis.
QSC designed the PowerLight 3 Series with higher input voltage, selectable sensitivity, and easily adjusted rear panel switches with color coded LED indicators. For users who simply want a high performance amplifier to go with their existing processor or console, the PL340 is an ideal choice, offering high power, excellent value, and zero signal latency.
Years of patient development have resulted in outstanding 20 Hz-20 kHz audio performance, plus complete protection from normal hazards of the trade. Even simple features such as dependably silent, surge-free on-off switching indicate the special care taken to keep things safely under control.
The PL340 offers the same feature set as the flagship PL380, matched to upgraded versions of QSC's most advanced linear amplifier platform. Recent advances in power supply capacitors further improve power and low-impedance performance, while continuing to offer the best available audio performance. As a result, designers have the choice of running a single type of amplifier throughout their rig, or matching amplifier performance to specific transducer types.
In keeping with normal QSC design standards, back-to-front airflow provides up to twice as much long-term average power as most competitors, without dumping hot air into the rack. All PowerLight 3 models are built in the same chassis size, with common back panel layouts to facilitate easy racking and hookup.
Features:- Power Light switch mode power supply for highest efficiency and improved audio performance
- Flow-thru air path and solid aluminum heat sinks for maximum cooling
- DataPort supports remote computer control and/or external DSP-4 modules
- Detented gain controls with 1 dB steps for precise calibration
- Removable knobs with lock-out security plate to prevent unauthorized tampering
- User defeatable clip limiters and selectable low-frequency filter per channel (3 Hz, 30 Hz, or 50 Hz)
- Three selectable input gains (26 dB, 32 dB, or 1.2 V)
- Front and rear panel LEDs indicate status of switch settings at a glance
- Parallel Dataport, XLR/M and XLR/F connectors for simple loop-through connectivity
- Neutrik Speakon and "Touch Proof" binding post outputs
- Neutrik Powercon power cable remains secure on the road
zZounds is an authorized dealer of QSC products.
STEREO MODE, Both Channels Driven:
- 8 ohms EIA 1 kHz 1% THD:800 W
- 4 ohms EIA 1 kHz 1% THD:1250 W
- 2 ohms EIA 1 kHz 1% THD:2000 W
BRIDGE MONO MODE:
- 8 ohms EIA 1 kHz 1% THD: 2600 W
- 4 ohms EIA 1 kHz 1% THD: 4000 W
- Maximum Distortion (20 Hz - 20 kHz, 1 dB below rated power) 4 to 8 ohms: 0.05%
- Frequency Response (8 ohms): 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +/-0.2 dB
- Noise (20 Hz - 20 kHz, 32 dB Gain):-105 dB
- Dynamic Headroom (4 ohms): 2 dB
- Damping Factor (8 ohms):500
- Output Circuitry: Class H (2-tier)
- Input Gain (1.2V setting): 36.4 dB
- Input Impedance: > 10k ohms balanced, or unbalanced
- Cooling:: Variable-speed fan, rear-to-front air flow
- Connectors (each channel): Input: XLR Male, XLR Female and 3-pin detachable terminal blocks (1 each per channel). Output: Neutrik Speakon (ch 1 wired to both channels) and 5-way binding posts. DataPort: HD-15, input signal in parallel with XLR input connectors
- Front Controls: AC Power Switch, Gain Controls, 21 detents, 1 dB steps (each channel)
- Front indicators (LED color): Power (Blue), Bridged (Yellow), Parallel (Orange), Clip/Prot (Red x 2), Level -10 (Orange x 2), Level -20 (Green x 2), Signal -35 (Green x 2),
- Rear Controls (with LED indicators): Input Mode: Bridge (Yellow), Stereo (Green), or Parallel (Orange), Gain / Sensitivity: 26dB (Orange), 32dB (Green), or 1.2V (Yellow), High Pass (each channel): 3 Hz (Off), 30 Hz (Yellow), or 50 Hz (Orange), Clip Limiter (each channel): Off, On (Yellow)
- Amplifier and Load Protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection. On/off muting, DC fault shutdown, active inrush limiting
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 3.5 x 19 x 15.63" (8.9 x 48.3 x 15.63 cm)
- Weight: 22 lbs (10 kg)
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-772-2834