Fill the Room with These Industry-Leading Powered PA Speakers
Build a no-compromises sound reinforcement system with QSC's small-yet-powerful K12 loudspeakers. Defying their compact size and weight, K12 speakers push out 131 dB peak SPL and 1,000 watts of continuous power, via a Class D bi-amped design. Since QSC's K-series speakers are self-powered, a pair of 41-pound K12s add up to a killer portable PA system for the pro mobile DJ or performer -- and thanks to their under-two-foot-tall size, QSC K12s are an excellent choice for houses of worship, formal banquet halls, or any installation where speakers need to fill a room with evenly-dispersed sound without disrupting the aesthetics of the space. There's even a switch to turn off the front-panel power LEDs, when a bright blue light doesn't match your venue. All told, K12 loudspeakers deliver the uncompromising build quality, professional looks, and consistent room coverage of QSC's high-end KW-series boxes -- all in a more compact and portable footprint.
Learn more with this video from QSC:
Typical Speaker Dispersion vs. the QSC K-Series
To understand how QSC's K family of PA speakers disperse sound so well, consider a basic acoustic principle: higher frequencies are more directional than lower frequencies. Woofer cones naturally disperse bass frequencies over a wider area, with narrower coverage as frequency increases up to the system's crossover point, where the tweeter takes over. This means that critical midrange frequencies -- where speech, vocals, and instrumental solos "live and die" within a mix -- can end up at a typical 2-way system's point of narrowest dispersion, compromising the midrange to anyone listening from more than 25-30 degrees to one side of the speaker's center. To counter this, the K12 employs Directivity Matched Transition (DMT), matching the high-frequency coverage angle of the tweeter to the natural coverage angle of the woofer at the crossover frequency. In plain English, DMT means that these speakers deliver even coverage of all frequencies throughout the speaker's 75-degree pattern. In effect, DMT gives you a two-way speaker that delivers the kind of consistent midrange you might expect from a much bulkier 3-way box.
Conical Tweeter + Intrinsic Correction = Better Coverage
It's easy to see just from looking at the face of the K12 speaker that QSC takes consistent audience coverage seriously. While typical tweeter horns are much wider than they are tall, the K12's tweeter waveguide has a conical, symmetrical mouth approximately the same diameter as the speaker's woofer, so it can control the pattern all the way down to the crossover frequency. It all adds up to a consistent frequency response in the critical midrange. Furthermore, the K12 is designed with Intrinsic Correction, a process developed for QSC's high-end line array systems. QSC engineers took extensive measurements of the K12's characteristics across a wide spatial field, averaged these measurements, and applied a series of filters to the speaker's built-in DSP engine to adjust time, frequency and amplitude response. The result is a speaker that distributes highs, mids, and lows evenly across the speaker's entire 75-degree pattern, with flat power response, eliminating "hot spots" in your audience.
Multiple Input Jacks: XLR, 1/4", and RCA
Just take a look at the QSC K12's back panel to see how versatile this speaker can be. Dual combination XLR-1/4" jacks accept line-level or microphone-level signals controlled by individual gain knobs, while a stereo pair of RCA inputs allow you to connect a CD player, MP3 player, or any device with RCA outs. In fact, you can connect up to three sources directly to the K12, mixing and summing them within the speaker. You'll find individual line-out jacks for channels A and B, ideal for daisy-chaining a pair of K12 boxes as stage monitors or in a cluster. Plus, there's a post-gain mono-summed line out that's ideal for connecting to an external subwoofer such as QSC's KSub. Last but not least, QSC has included their ingenious locking power cable with the K12. The V-LOCK power cord latches with a click, preventing these powered speakers from being unintentionally unplugged -- and just in case your K12's cables go missing, standard IEC power cables fit equally well.
Tilt-Direct Mounting System for Precise Aiming
You'd expect any pro PA speaker to have a pole-mounting cup, but the K12 takes things a step further with QSC's Tilt-Direct pole-mount socket. When mounting your K12 on a high wall mount or speaker stand, this ingenious socket lets you safely angle the speakers down at a 7.5-degree angle, so you can focus acoustic energy on the audience -- and away from walls, ceilings, or the front of the balcony. It's part of what makes the K12 great for portable PAs that need to work in a variety of venues. Furthermore, the K12's trapezoidal enclosure has one cleverly angled side, so it works equally well as a stage monitor wedge. Plus, the K12's integrated M10 suspension points allow for suspended installations with QSC's K-Series accessories.
Onboard EQ and Limiting: DEEP Mode + Vocal Boost
Underneath its unassuming rugged ABS enclosure, the QSC K12 is one of the smartest loudspeakers around, packed with high-tech signal processing to get the most out of its 1,000 watts. If you're working without a subwoofer -- and you may not need one, considering the K12s reach down to a thundering 48 Hz -- simply set a switch on the back of the speaker to activate DEEP mode: Digital Extension and Excursion Processing. This sophisticated peak limiter detects and corrects any brief bass transients that could cause clipping distortion and over-excursion of the K12's woofer -- and it increases the average output of low frequencies, helping your K12s to rock the house. Plugging in an external sub for that DJ set? Flip your K12s' back-panel switches to External Sub to engage a 100 Hz high-pass filter, and put your 1,000 watts to good use pumping out those crisp highs and mids. For speech applications or strict vocal reinforcement, simply turn off DEEP mode and engage the Vocal Boost switch for added presence in the critical midrange.
Check out our overview of the QSC K12 2-Way Powered Speaker:
- Two-way powered speaker with 12-inch woofer
- 75-degree vertical and horizontal coverage angle
- 1000-watt continuous Class D power amplifier, via a 2 x 500-watt bi-amped system
- Combination XLR-1/4" mic/line inputs, RCA inputs, discrete line outputs, plus summed outputs for daisy-chaining
- V-LOCK locking IEC power cord prevents unintentional unplugging
- Portable design with comfortable ergonomic handles
- Rugged ABS enclosures with one angled corner for floor monitor applications
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct for safe, precise aiming
- Sophisticated DSP, including DEEP mode for enhanced bass output and Vocal Boost for speech-specific applications
Your PA speakers are the link between the performance and the audience. With industry-leading consistent coverage over the entire listening area, K12 speakers are an excellent choice for mid-sized venues that require uncompromising sound. Whether you're outfitting a mobile PA system, or building a sound reinforcement installation, the QSC K12 speakers deliver unbeatable performance in a low-profile package.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of QSC products.
- Configuration: Multipurpose 2-way
- Transducers: 12 in. cone transducer, 1.75" HF driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 52 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 48 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6 dB): 75 degree conical
- Maximum SPL (1 meter): 131 dB peakAmplifier
- Power Output: 1000 W Class D
- Input Impedance (ohms): XLR / 1/4": 40k balanced / 20k unbalanced XLR / 1/4" MIC mode: 2260 balanced
- RCA: 10k
- Controls: Power, Gain A, Gain B, Mic/Line, LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR/1/4" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/1/4" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 85 - 265 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power): 100 VAC, 2.3 A
120 VAC, 2.01 A
230 VAC, 1.13 APole Socket Size:
1-3/8" (35 mm)Enclosure
- Material: Impact resistant ABS
- Finish: Black paint
- Grille: Black powder coated 18 gauge steel
- Dimensions (HWD): 23.7" x 14" x 14"
- Weight (Net): 41 lb / 18.6 kg
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Pair, with 2x Behringer FBQ100 Feedback Destroyers
- Pair, with Stage Ready Pack
- Pair, with Speaker Pack II
- with QSC KSUB Subwoofer
- Scratch and Dent, USED
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):