Create Pro Recordings with Top-Notch Pres and Tons of Effects!
Let's say that portability, price, and pristine sound are your top three priorities in a mixer. You've narrowed down the number of mic preamps you need, and determined that the on-board DSP and auto-recall functions of a digital console make a lot of sense for your limited-space setup. So, how small can you go?
Take a peek at the back panel of the PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2. The four right-hand channels (labeled 9/10, 11/12, 13/14, and 15/16) aren't only stereo line inputs -- they also have XLR inputs, bringing you to a grand total of twelve XMAX class-A mic pres (plus one more for the talkback channel). Add four aux outputs, MIDI I/O, and a 16-in/16-out FireWire interface, and you've got an abundance of I/O in a decidedly compact footprint. And we're talking carry-it-under-your-arm compact: the 20-pound StudioLive 16.0.2 is under 16 inches by 16 inches! With the 16.0.2's intuitive Fat Channel processing on every input channel, aux, and output, the sound you shape in your home studio can now travel lighter than ever.
See the 16.0.02 in action with this video from PreSonus:
Fat Channels in a Slim Package
Press the glowing Select button on any channel, aux, or output to light up that big blue Fat Channel section of the console with bright, easy-to-read controls for studio-quality processors: high-pass filter, phase-reverse switch, gate, compressor, limiter, and precise 3-band parametric EQ. Renowned for its intuitive user interface, PreSonus' Fat Channel gives you clearly-labeled physical knobs, 16-ladder LED displays, a high-visibility Selected Channel LCD screen, and a horizontal pan display. Forget scrolling through menus or memorizing soft keys just to tweak your compressor settings. Fat Channel puts it all at your fingertips. And with Store and Recall for Fat Channel settings, you can pull up your favorite kick drum compressor in a flash -- and even copy and paste settings to other channels.
Store and Recall for On-Board Processing
This little board packs a lot of effects processing power, in the form of two programmable 32-bit floating point stereo DSP effects engines. Pull up any of the 50 presets, or build your own reverb, delay, and time-based effects. There's even a 31-band stereo graphic equalizer strapped across your main outs -- indispensable for "ringing out the room" before your next show. When you've dialed in the perfect reverb or room EQ, press a button to save it individually, or make it part of a "Scene" that stores and recalls every setting on the console. Does the band always need louder monitor mixes on this-that-or-the-other tune? Just save a Scene for each song in your setlist, and automate each channel's level to the four aux sends that feed your monitors. And if you happen to be a one-man-band performer and
sound mixer, don't forget about the 16.0.2's handy MIDI I/O: you can use a MIDI foot pedal from on stage to switch Scenes just as easily as you stomp a guitar pedal.
Learn more about the StudioLive 16.0.2 mixer:
iPad Wireless Remote Control
Even with all your settings stored in the console, sometimes you need to make fixes to your live mixes. That's why the PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 ships with Virtual StudioLive (VSL) software. First, plug in your computer to the 16.0.2 via FireWire and open VSL. Then tap the StudioLive Remote app on your iPad, available free from the App Store. StudioLive Remote gives you real-time wireless remote control over VSL, which in turn offers real-time control over your StudioLive mixer. Now you can run around the venue and stage as you draw EQ curves with your finger.
Capture The Moment with FireWire
Just like the name "StudioLive" suggests, the 16.0.2 is more than a user-friendly live console -- it's a fantastic front end for your recording setup. Connect the FireWire cable to send 16 channels of 24-bit, 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz digital audio in and out of your computer, pre- or post-Fat Channel processing. Want to mix an existing multitrack session on real faders? Just send 16 channels out of your DAW to the 16.0.2, add Fat Channel to taste, save a Scene to recall your console, and mix back to a stereo track on your DAW. The 16.0.2 works as FireWire audio interface for Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, and more, and it even comes bundled with Capture, PreSonus' own dedicated recording software. If your band has been looking for an easy way to multitrack-record your live shows, it doesn't get much easier than plugging in one FireWire cable, launching Capture, arming 16 tracks and hitting the big red button. And FireWire connectivity is also the perfect way to add multitrack backing tracks to your live show. Hit the Multimode buttons on each channel to toggle mute, solo, or listen to FireWire return.
- 16 channel inputs (8 mono and 4 stereo) with 60mm faders
- 12 class-A XMAX solid-state mic preamplifiers (13, counting the talkback)
- 4 aux buses with pre/post-fader sends; two internal effects buses
- Two stereo 32-bit floating-point digital effects processors
- 50 practical, usable presets for on-board reverb, delay, and time-based effects
- Fat Channel signal processing on all channels and buses: 3-band parametric EQ, gate, compressor, downward expander, and limiter
- Stereo, 31-band graphic EQ on the main bus
- 16-in/16-out FireWire recording and playback interface (24-bit/44.1kHz and 48kHz)
- Scene and individual settings store and recall
- MIDI I/O
- Ultra-compact footprint
- Bundled Capture(tm) recording software, Studio One Artist(tm) production software, and Virtual StudioLive to remote-control your mixer from a computer and iPad.
With all these features crammed into an incredible 16 x 16-inch footprint, the PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 16-channel digital mixer/audio interface combines uncompromising sound quality with unbeatable portability. Clearly, PreSonus built this board for the gigging musician that doubles as a home studio engineer (you know who you are). You simply won't find a better-sounding, more portable digital console at this price point.
Note: Rack ears are available separately, not included with the mixer.
Virtual StudioLive (Mac/Win) and StudioLive Remote (iPad)
PreSonus Virtual StudioLive software for Mac and Windows provides bidirectional control of the StudioLive 16.0.2 digital mixer. See and control the most-used mixer parameters onscreen, including channel, subgroup, aux send, and main levels, as well as Fat Channel, effects, and graphic EQ settings.
Control the mixer with a mouse or watch VSL update when you adjust the hardware. Drag Fat Channel presets onto all 16 channels in seconds. Mute or solo every channel with a sweep of the mouse. Apply a new Scene to the whole mixer just by dragging it on VSL from a list you see at all times. Collect and trade Scenes with other StudioLive users. This is huge!
To top it off, you can control VSL - and therefore, your StudioLive mixer - from an Apple iPad. With PreSonus StudioLive Remote for iPad (free from the Apple App Store), you can walk around the venue and tweak the mix, in real time, from any location, fixing monitor mixes from the stage and eliminating sonic problems on the spot.
Virtual StudioLive Features:
- Easy drag-and-drop workflow
- Drag presets directly to channels
- Drag parts of presets directly to components in the Fat Channel
- Adjust the Fat Channel gate, compressor, and EQ plus the graphic EQ and effects
- Quickly drop entire Scenes to the mixer to instantly load all channel, effects, and graphic EQ settings
- Load effects quickly by simply dragging presets into the GUI
- Use the mouse to quickly assign channels to multiple buses, mute, solo, etc.
- Store and organize presets on your computer, then transfer them to your mixer for that night's gig
- Create presets on the road, store them to the mixer, then drag them to your preset pool the next time you're connected to the computer
- Reorder presets in mixer memory and in the software to best fit your workflow for each gig
- Share presets with friends; drag presets out of the browser and email, IM, or disk-swap presets with other StudioLive owners
- See all of the most-used parameters on the mixer at once
- See the state of all Fat Channel settings at once
- See all aux mixes at once
- See the current effects and other parameter settings
- View and graphically edit all parametric EQ and compression curves
- View and graphically edit all graphic equalizer settings
- Do time-stamped backups of the entire mixer
- Remote control the mixer from an iPad using StudioLive Remote software.
Q-Mix Wireless Aux-Mix Control Software for iPhone(r) and iPod touch(r)
With QMix, you can enjoy wireless remote control of any PreSonus StudioLive mixer's aux sends from up to ten Apple iPhones or iPod touches! Let performers create their monitor mixes from individual iPhones. With the Wheel of Me, you can select multiple "Me" channels and control their levels simultaneously. Requires a Mac or PC running PreSonus Virtual StudioLive.
- Runs on an Apple iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4 or higher
- Provides wireless control over aux mixes in Virtual StudioLive and hence, over aux mixes in any StudioLive-series digital mixer
- Portrait view shows Wheel of Me, where you can select multiple "Me" channels and control their levels simultaneously
- Landscape view provides control of all aux-send levels and panning (for linked auxes)
- Aux mixes can be named (up to 10 characters)
- Control the auxes on any StudioLive mixer on the wireless network from one iPhone or iPod touch
- Multiple iPhones and iPod touches can control the same StudioLive
- Set permissions in VSL so each iPhone and iPod touch can control only one specific aux mix
- Free from the Apple App Store
zZounds is an authorized dealer of PreSonus products.
- Length: 15.56 inches (397 mm)
- Width: 16 inches (406 mm)
- Maximum Height: 5.5 inches (140 mm)
- Weight: 20 lbs.8 mono mic/line channel inputs, each with:
- High-headroom Class A XMAX(tm) mic preamplifier
- XLR mic and balanced 1/4" line inputs
- 60 mm precision fader4 stereo line channel inputs, with:
- High-headroom Class A XMAX(tm) mic preamplifier (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15)
- XLR mic inputs (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15)
- Balanced 1/4" line inputs (Ch. 9-16)
- Unbalanced RCA line inputs (Ch. 13-16)
- 60 mm precision fader (4 stereo)
- 4 Auxiliary buses (pre/post-fader send)
- 2 Internal FX buses
- 2 stereo 32-bit digital effects processors with customizable reverb and delay presetsFat Channel signal processing on all channels and buses, with:
- 3-band semi-parametric EQ (individual band on/off)
- Full-featured compressor
- Standard downward expander
- Phase reverse (12 mic preamplifiers only)
- Pan with dedicated 15-LED display
- Stereo link for input channels and aux buses
- High-pass filter
- One 31-band stereo graphic EQ (on main outputs only)
- 16-in/16-out FireWire recording interface (24-bit/44.1 kHz and 48 kHz) compatible with most audio software via ASIO, Windows Audio, Core Audio
- Scene store and recall
- Settings can be copied among channels and buses and saved as user presets.Software bundle for Mac(r) and Windows(r) includes:
- PreSonus Studio One Artist(tm) digital audio workstation
- PreSonus Capture(tm) live-recording software
- PreSonus Universal Control with Virtual StudioLive(tm) bidirectional mixer-control software
- Lockout mode protects your settings from meddlers and accidentsMIDI Control Mode provides control over:
- Scene and FX Preset recall
- Main Volume, FXA, and FXB output levels
- FXA and FXB assign/unassign to Mains
- Free StudioLive Remote iPad(r) wireless-control software available at the Apple App Store
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Scratch and Dent
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):