The CrashGuard is a drum microphone shield designed to isolate the drum microphone to reduce the pickup of spill from nearby cymbals. This allows the engineer to increase the attack of the drum by adding high frequencies without the cymbals becoming overly present. This has the net effect of reducing interference between the two sources thus enabling greater control over the sound of the drum.
Made from high-impact ABS, the lightweight CrashGuard attaches to the boom arm and is held in place using the microphone's clip. The inside or under-belly of the CrashGuard is completely lined with high-density open cell acoustic foam to reduce internal reflections. And the innovative design features an extended cable access port that allows the microphone to be articulated for optimum placement.
Once in place, the CrashGuard helps control spill from cymbals into the drum mic, delivering greater control over each drum for an improved mix. By reducing the spill from the cymbals, more of the drum can be captured. This enables the engineer to add EQ to the drum such as increasing high end for more attack without accentuating the sound of the cymbal. On close proximity sources such as the high-hat and snare, the engineer enjoys greater balance over each sound.
Compact and light weight, the CrashGuard is designed to fit most popular drum microphones and mounts directly on the boom stand using the microphone's clip to hold it in place. The high impact ABS construction is tough enough to withstand the hit of a drum stick by even the most aggressive drummer. The CrashGuard has been tested for fit with many major brands of instrument microphones. However, there may be some mics that will not work because of size or the configuration of the clip.
Percussion instruments cut through the din on stage and bleed into other percussion mics. Crashguard allows greater seperation between mics.
Tom-Tom and Crash
CrashGuard attenuates the sound from the crash and ride cymbals reducing bleed on the floor tom mics.
Snare and High-Hat
When used for snare drum the CrashGuard attenuates sound from the high-hat allowing for better isolation and EQ for the snare mic.
- Reduces sound of cymbals from spilling into drum mics
- Lightweight design fits most popular microphones
- Allows drum mic to be articulated for precise aiming
- Improves isolation for added control over each drum
- Tough ABS shield can withstand repeated drum hits
- Cable access port allows a full range of mic articulation
- Intergrated mic stand adapter fits all standard stands
- High density open cell acoustic foam absorber eliminates internal reflections.
- Drop down sides guard against cymbal bleed
- Angled front profile for optimal close mic placement
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Shell Material: ABS plastic, black (75% recycled material)
- Inner Liner: High density acoustic foam
- Dimensions: 17.8 cm x 9.5 cm x 5 cm / 7" x 3.75" x 2"
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs