A Powerful Remixing Tool With a Performance-Oriented LayoutThe Pioneer RMX-500 Tabletop Effects Station is an entry-level remixing and music production tool, designed with DJ performance in mind. It offers an ergonomic layout, providing DJ effects and a BPM-based sampler all at your fingertips. All of the RMX-500's features are easy to control via large buttons and pressure-sensitive knobs -- no tiny screens to read or submenus to navigate here. It's the perfect tool for any DJ, whether you're performing on stage or building beats in the studio.
Remix Tools At Your FingertipsThe RMX-500's layout is divided into two sections: a Rhythm FX section (sampler) on the left and an Scene FX section (effects) on the right. Furthermore, both sides are broken down into sub sections, with drum samples in the lower left and sample-based effects like Roll and Trans in the upper left. Likewise, in the Scene FX section, effects used for buildups are located in the upper right quadrant, while effects useful for breakdowns are located in the lower right.
Each side is equipped with its own PRESSURE Knob, which allows you to control effect intensity by turning the knob while triggering additional effect parameters by pushing the knob inward -- it literally adds a whole new dimension to your control knobs. And finally, there's also a Release FX section in the middle, for applying fade-out effects including Vinyl Break, Echo, and Back Spin.
Studio-Ready: Run the RMX-500 as a Plug-inThe RMX-500 comes ready to connect to your computer and runs as a VST, AU, or RTAS plug-in within your favorite recording or mastering software. So whether you're a DJ looking to perform or post-process a previously recorded DJ set, or you'e looking to add a little extra firepower to your studio for your next remix, the RMX-500 is ready to play on-stage or on-screen.
Features:- Tabletop effects station for DJ sets and music production
- Three effect sections: Rhythm FX, Scene FX, and Release FX
- 4-beat sequencer with five instrument buttons
- Quantize function analyzes incoming BPM and synchronizes effects with the music
- Pioneer's first PRESSURE Knob adds a third dimension to your parameter manipulation
- MIDI mappable to control other software or external devices (via USB)
- VST, AU, RTAS plug-in software included
- Internal sampling rate: 48 kHz
- 24-bit D/A and A/D converters
- Stereo RCA input
- Stereo RCA output
- 1/4 inch headphone output with volume control
- USB port
- Portable, weighs about 2 pounds
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Pioneer products.
- Power: AC 100 V to 240 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz
- Rated Current: 0.4 A
- Rated Output: DC 5 V, 2 A
- Power consumption (when using AC adapter): 600 mA
- Power consumption (when using USB bus power): 500 mA
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 12 x 2.6 x 5.2 in., (306 x 67 x 132 mm)
- Tolerable operating temperature: 41 to 95 degrees F, (5 to 35 degrees C)
- Sampling rate: 48 kHz
- A/D, D/A converter: 24 bits
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- S/N ratio (Output, rated output, A-Weighted): 96 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (Output, 20 Hz - 20 kHz BW): 0.006%
- Headroom: 15 dB
- Standard input level/standard output level (10 kOhms load):
- Signal level switch (+4 dB): +4 dBu
- Signal level switch (+0 dB): +0 dBu
- Signal level switch (+10 dB):10 dBu
- Input Impedance: 30 kOhms
- Output Impedance: 1kOhms or less
- Phones: 10 kOhms or less
- Input RCA pin jacks
- Output RCA pin jacks
- Stereo phone jack
- USB terminal: B type (stereo 1 in/1 out)
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Scratch and Dent
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-421-1404 or 800-782-7210
Pioneer Remix Station 500The Pioneer REMIX STATION 500 offers three effect sections, Rhythm FX, Scene FX and Release FX, for simple musical arrangements and features the industry's first "Pressure Controller" knobs, which further alter and vary the effects of the arrangements. In addition, the system can also act as a USB controller when used with the included VST1/AU2/RTAS3 RMX-500 Plug-in software.
Rhythm FXThe Rhythm FX section of the REMIX STATION 500 offers five audio effects, ROLL, TRANS, ADD, REV DELAY, and OFFSET, which cuts up and manipulates parts of the music playing to produce rhythms. The effects can be increased and decreased with a turn of the large knob as well as altered when the knob is pushed down, activating the pressure controller.
The Rhythm FX section also incorporates five Instrument buttons (KICK, SNARE, CLAP, HI HAT and CYMBAL), each offering six different patterns of sound that can be added with a simple touch. The unit also features a 4-Beat Sequencer with an OVER DUB button, and when activated, enables users to record one bar of each instrument button for more unique sound effects playback. The OVER DUB can also be deactivated after the recording process and while playback occurs, to then give users the ability to tap each button for additional instrument sounds.
Scene FXIn the Scene FX section, users can choose from five Build Up effects and five Break Down effects. The Build Up effects, consisting of MOD, ECHO, NOISE, SPIRAL UP and REVERB UP, add sounds, while Break Down effects, consisting of HPF, LPF, ZIP, SPIRAL DOWN and REVERB DOWN, cut sounds. The large knob increases or decreases the parameters of the chosen effect with a simple turn as well as changes the effects with a push of the knob. Two sub-parameters knobs are also available for additional changes to the effects being produced.
Release FXThe system also includes a Release FX button that eliminates the current music playing and leaves only the sound effects when activated. Release FX can also be used to create the opposite effect: When the button is disengaged, all section effects are eliminated while the original music continues to play. Three types of Release FX are available, Vinyl Brake, Echo, and Back Spin.
Plug-in SoftwareUsing the included REMIX-STATION 500 VST/AU/RTAS plug-in software, users can create the same types of music production and effects while producing on a computer. In addition, connecting the device to a computer enables it to act as a controller for music production.
Features:- QUANTIZE function enables real-time music analysis and synchronization of effects along with the beat of the music
- AUTO BPM function automatically measures and follows the tempo of music
- Compact design for easy portability and convenience
- USB-MIDI for use as a MIDI controller
- Mountable on Pioneer's T-U101 (X-Stand)