Pro-Level Feel in an Entry-Level Serato DJ ControllerWith the Pioneer DDJ-SB Serato DJ controller, you get the design and feel of an old-school DJ rig in a USB bus-powered controller. Larger than other models in its extremely affordable price range, the two-deck DDJ-SB gives you a pair of oversize aluminum jog wheels for comfy scratching, 16 huge rubber pads, a 2-channel mixer, free Serato DJ Intro software, and more. Super smooth transitions come courtesy of the controller's unique Filter Fade function, which combines filtering with the crossfader. Once again, Pioneer enables digital DJs to mix and scratch with surgical precision, without breaking a sweat -- making the DDJ-SB the perfect introduction to Pioneer's DDJ line of Serato controllers.
Pioneer gives you a walkthrough of all the DDJ-SB's features:
Dynamic PerformanceThe DDJ-SB's hands-on controls and intuitive features are as straight-forward as they get, helping DJs to spend less time navigating their gear and more time getting their music out to the crowd. Novice and experienced DJs alike will quickly find their way around the controller, which sandwiches a two-channel mixer between two decks. Your Play/Pause, and Cue buttons are integrated right into the large backlit performance pads under each jog wheel. Other performance functions -- like Hot Cue, Loop, and Sampler -- are accessible within the included Serato DJ Intro software.
Filter Fade: Cooler Manual CrossfadesSetting this DJ controller apart from others in its class, the Filter Fade function lets you mix tracks naturally with a crossfader; just adjust the volume of the left and right decks and tweak the high-pass filters, and you're ready to mix any two tracks together, regardless of BPM or style. When you move the crossfader from left to right, both volume and high-pass filter cutoffs move simultaneously, giving you a smooth and exciting transition as the new track moves into the forefront. Turn Filter Fade off for your standard volume-only crossfade. You can also adjust filter levels with the Manual Filter knobs above each channel's fader.
Introduce Yourself to Serato DJ IntroIf you want to get into the nitty-gritty of what the controller can do, do that from within Serato DJ Intro. Included as a free download, this DJ software gives you more ways to work with Hot Cues, Sampler, and other effects. Connect the DJ controller to your computer via USB and you're all set to go beyond basic functions like scratching and mixing. Advanced features -- recording, additional Cue Points, samples, loops, isotope FX, and more -- are available if you purchase the paid upgrade to Serato DJ.
Work your DJ magic with the perfectly integrated Serato DJ Intro and DDJ-SB controller combo; the software and the controller are made for each other.
Features:- 2-channel DJ controller with Serato DJ Intro
- 2 large Jog wheels for precise scratching and beat matching
- 4 performance pads per deck
- Large rubber pads serve double duty as standard controls for accessing important functions
- Mix dynamically with 3-band EQ and filter controls for each channel
- Filter Fade function lets you assign filter activity to the crossfader
- Built-in 2-channel, 44.1 kHz/24-bit audio interface (sound card) for high-res playback
- 1/4" (Mic In) input
- RCA outputs to connect to the PA system
- Headphone outs
- USB bus powered -- take it anywhere
- Free download of Serato DJ Intro software (Mac/Windows)
- Backed by Pioneer DJ warranty
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Pioneer products.
- Serato DJ Intro (free download)
- Serato DJ (paid upgrade)Specifications:
- Maximum dimensions (WxDxH): 19.2" x 10.7" x 2.3" (487 x 271.2 x 58.5 mm)
- Weight: 4.6 lbs (2.1 kg)
- Soundcard: 24 bit/44.1 kHz
- Frequency response: 20 Hz ~20 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion ratio: 0.005% or less
- S/N ratio: 90 dB (PC)
- Power Requirements: USB (Bus-powered through computer), rated output 5 V DCPerformance Control:
- Channels: 2
- Deck Control: 2
- Jog Wheel: 128 mm durable aluminium jog wheel
- Filter: High & Low Pass filter
- Filter Fade
- Effects: FX engine Powered by iZotope: 10 effects
- Hot Cues: 4
- Manual Loop
- Slip Mode
- Talkover FunctionTerminals:
- Inputs: 1 MIC (1/4" Jack)
- Outputs: 1 MASTER (RCA), 2 HEADPHONE MONITOR (1/4" Jack, MiniPin)
- 1 USB B port
Serato DJ Intro System Requirements:Windows:
- Windows 7 with Service Pack 1/Vista with Service Pack 1
- (CPU) Intel 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo / (Memory) 1 GBMac OS X:
- Mac OS X v10.8.5/10.7.5/10.6.8
- (CPU) Intel 1.6 GHz Core Duo / (Memory)1 GB
- Display resolution: 1280 x 720 or higher resolution
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
- Base Item
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
- Warehouse Resealed
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-421-1404 or 800-782-7210
Pioneer DDJ-SB Serato DJ ControllerThe Pioneer DDJ-SB Serato DJ Controller uses a larger body than other models in the same price range, and has been designed with distinctive DJ styling including the jog plate made of the same aluminum material as other premium models, and a hairline finish applied to the top surface.
Operability for dynamic, energetic and intuitive DJingComes with large rubber pads that allow for dynamic and energetic DJing, as well as "BIG JOG" for reliable scratching. The use of a layout with two decks on either side of the controller, and a 2-channel mixer in the center give the user an intuitive feel for the tracks being played and mixed.
Performance Pads for dynamic and energetic DJingIn addition to performance functions such as "HOT CUE," "LOOP" and "SAMPLER" that come with Serato DJ Intro, the CUE and PLAY buttons that form the basic functions of the controller can be operated with dynamic and energetic movements using the large Performance Pads located at the front of the controller.
Independent knob for MANUAL FILTER for each channelAn independent control knob for the DJ software's MANUAL FILTER has been installed on each channel. This allows tracks to be changed instantaneously with a single action when mixing or arranging tracks.
Precision control for reliable scratching with "JOG"Comes with "JOG" that features a faster jog response rate and optimal adjustments made to the rotation speed while DJing, as well as allowing reliable scratching.
Filter Fade function for smoothly mixing tracks togetherThe FILTER FADE function is included which allows tracks to be mixed naturally using a cross-fader by adjusting the volume of the left and right decks, as well as the high-pass filter parameters. The high-pass filter of the left and right decks is linked with the actions of the cross-fader, and the deck volume is adjusted while applying the base filter, which allows tracks with vastly different BPMs or styles to be mixed smoothly
Plug and Play with Serato DJ Intro SoftwareControl of a wide range of Serato DJ Intro functions, including "HOT CUE," "SAMPLER" and other effects, in addition to basic functions like scratching and mixing, make Djing all the more exciting. Every button and knob on the controller is compatible with plug-and-play that is linked with "Serato DJ Intro," which means the controller is ready for DJing by simply connecting it to a PC. DJs can also purchase the paid upgrade to Serato DJ and unlock the advanced features it has to offer, including Recording, more Cue Points, Samples and Loops -- plus advanced features including Slip Mode, iZotope FX and FX Expansion Packs.
Features:- Built-in sound card (audio interface) that allows DJing by simply connecting a PC with a single USB cable
- High-quality sound design tuned to suit "Serato DJ Intro" audio characteristics
- Compatible with USB power that uses the PC as the power source
- Handle spaces used on both sides for more convenient installation