Pioneer has pushed the envelope for entry-level DJ controllers with the Pioneer DDJ-ERGO Compact DJ Controller. Similar in size and weight to a 17-inch laptop, the DDJ-ERGO will readily slip into your gig bag for easy transport to your next show -- or your friend's house party. The unit is bundled with Virtual DJ LE so you can start spinning as soon as you take it out of the box. If Virtual DJ LE isn't your style, other DJ software like Serato DJ Intro or djay LE are available as a free download, and the controller can be MIDI-mapped to run other software or external devices as well.
Plug-And-Play VersatilityThe DDJ-ERGO is designed as a portable replacement for two CDJs or turntables and a mixer. That means no media to lug from gig to gig, -- just your laptop and the DDJ-ERGO, making this a great all-in-one solution for a DJ on the go. With plug-and-play USB connectivity, setup is a breeze. Just connect your laptop via USB, tuck your laptop into the integrated laptop dock, cue a track, and press play. You can apply effects, trigger samples, and cross-fade into your next track -- all directly from the hardware -- so you can spend less them looking at the screen and more time mixing.
Visual MixingThe DDJ-ERGO's illuminated jog wheels, buttons and sliders don't only look cool -- they actually help you mix. Blue lights glow to show you your mix is in sync. You'll see the lights glow more intensely as you adjust the pitch of songs to match. The channel faders illuminate to the beat of the current song -- brighter or dimmer depending on their output. Red lights glow on the jog wheels when you press the Track Load button. All these visual cues, together with what you hear in your headphones, will help you learn to beatmatch and mix.
See how versatile the Pionneer DDJ-ERGO Compact really is:
Features:- Compact two-deck USB DJ controller for Virtual DJ LE
- Control up to four virtual decks within the Virtual DJ LE software
- Large, touch-sensitive jog wheels with LED illumination, loop controls, hot cues, tempo controls, samples, and effects all available directly from the hardware
- Pulse Control feature provides the user a variety of prompts with illuminated LEDs
- Ergonomic design is slanted like most keyboards, unlike most other DJ controllers which are flat
- Integrated laptop dock brings the screen closer to the DJ
- MIDI mappable to control other software or external devices
- P-LOCK fader caps keep fader caps in place even with rigorous use
- Switchable Mic/Aux 1/4-inch input with volume control
- Stereo RCA Aux input with volume control
- Stereo RCA and 1/4-inch master output
- 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch headphone output on front panel
- USB port
- Powered via USB only -- no power supply needed
- Virtual DJ LE software included
- Compatible with Serato DJ Intro software (available as free download) and Algoriddim djay LE software (available as free download for Mac only)
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Pioneer products.
- Included Software: Virtual DJ LE
- Number of Deck: Up to 4 assignable
- MIC Input: 1 (PHONE)
- AUX Input: 1 (RCA)
- Master Output: 2 (PHONEx1, RCAx1)
- MIDI Control: Yes
- Laptop Dock: Yes
- Built-in Sound Card: Yes
- USB Bus Power: Yes
- JOG Size: 115 mm
- Loop IN/OUT: Yes
- Loop (Auto Loop): Yes
- Hot Cue: Yes
- Filter: Yes
- Tempo Range: +/- 6%/ +/-10%/ +/-16%/ +/-100%
- Jog Ring Illumination: Yes
- Channel: 2
- Sync: Yes
- P-LOCK Fader Cap: Yes
- Recording: Yes
- MIC Input: 1 (PHONE)
- AUX Input: 1 (RCA)
- Master Output: 2 (PHONEx1, RCAx1)
- Headphone Output: 2 (6.3mm x 1, 3.5mm x 1)
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.006% or less
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 21.8 x 11.0 x 4.0 in.
- Weight: 6.3 lbs
System Requirements:- Minimum for PC: Windows XP SP3 or newer, Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP, 512 MB RAM, 1024x768 screen resolution, DirectX compatible soundcard, 50 MB free on hard drive
- Recommended for PC: Windows 7 Professional or newer, Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon X2, 1 GB RAM, 1280x1024 screen resolution or higher, multi-channel DirectX compatible soundcard, 200 MB free on hard drive
- Minimum for Mac: Mac OS X 10.5 or newer, Intel processor, 1 GB RAM, 1024x768 screen resolution, CoreAudio compatible soundcard, 50 MB free on hard drive
- Recommended for Mac: Mac OS X 10.6 or newer, Intel processor, 2 GB RAM, 1440x900 screen resolution or higher, multi-channel CoreAudio compatible soundcard, 200 MB free on hard drive
- Additional requirements for video mixing: 2 GB RAM, ATI or NVIDIA video card with dual screen support and at least 256 MB of dedicated DDR3 RAM
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 800-421-1404 or 800-782-7210
Product DescriptionThe Pioneer DDJ-ERGO gives any music enthusiast the ability to make their own unique music mixes. Bundled with the Virtual DJ Limited Edition software by Atomix Productions, the Pioneer DDJ-ERGO controller enables consumers to be creative with their music collection as soon as they take the unit out of the box. The controller also incorporates MIDI functionality, making it possible to be used with other MIDI compatible DJ software.
The stylish controller is designed using contoured edges with black, white and gradient colors and a large 115 mm platter for increased operability. The system also features "Pulse Control" that illuminates various areas of the controller to assist in the mixing process.
Pulse ControlThe integrated Pulse Control of the DDJ-ERGO provides users with visual prompts via various types of illuminations on its buttons and platters. The controller utilizes a "Pure Platter" jog wheel that helps guide the user during performance with the movement of lights in accordance with the pitch, beat, and effects of the music as well as when a song is being loaded.
Mix PulseThe mix pulse mode shows the difference in pitch of songs currently playing through the light of the jog wheel. As the pitch of songs begin to match, the intensity of the light increases. In conjunction with the music, the pulse of lights increases beat matching skills.
Beat PulseThe embedded LEDs in the channel faders illuminate along with the beat of the current song playing. The illumination intensifies and weakens based on the output sound level.
Launch PulseTriggers a red light to illuminate on the jog wheel to signify a press of the track load button.
FX PulseThe effect being applied to the currently playing song will be represented not only audibly but also via the light movements on the Jog wheel.
Laptop Dock DesignLike Pioneer's other DDJ controllers, the DDJ-ERGO is designed to accommodate the placement of a laptop computer below the unit to help save room and bring the screen closer to the user. The controller also features removable legs, enabling it be used in angled or horizontal positions.
DJ SoftwareThe DDJ-ERGO includes a copy of the "Virtual DJ LE" software by Atomix Productions that offers a broad range of functions for mixing songs, such as making loops, adding effects and creating samples, as well as the ability to mix up to 4-channels and even perform video playback.
MIDI CompatibilityThe DDJ-ERGO is compatible with Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI), allowing up to four-deck control and use of the controller's dedicated sampler button. The unit is also compatible with various MIDI compatible DJ software such as Native Instruments' Traktor (not included).
USB PowerThe DDJ-ERGO utilizes power from USB connections found on most computers, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
High Quality AudioThe unit employs the same audio technology used in Pioneer's professional DJ mixers for clear, powerful audio output.
Employs a P-Lock Fader Cap locking mechanism to prevent the channel fader knobs and crossfader knob from slipping.
Built-in audio interface for high quality sound input and output.