Are you looking for a professional CDJ, but don't need all the connectivity options offered on higher-end models? Then consider the Pioneer CDJ-850 Professional CD/Multi-Format Player. It's a rugged, performance-ready player that reads not only audio CDs, but a variety of popular digital audio formats on both CD and USB drive. So whether your set is stored on MP3 CD, USB key, or you really just wanna play this great new album, the CDJ-850 is a professional-grade multi-format player that's ready to set the stage with your favorite tunes.
Mid-range Pioneer CDJ
Veterans of Pioneer equipment and beginners alike will appreciate the play and feel of the CDJ-850, since it retains most of the principal functions of the club-standard Pioneer CDJ-2000, without some of the updates which you probably don't actually need. It's got the standard, large touch-sensitive jog wheels for track navigation and scratch simulation, and all the other controls you'd expect to find on a Pioneer CDJ, like a large screen for track info and waveform display, play and cue controls, speed controls, loop controls, etc. And while it may lack a few of the bells and whistles found on pricier Pioneer models, what DJ needs bells or whistles anyway?
Features That Count
What's great about the CDJ-850 is that it's got the features that count. The included software comes which an Analyze feature which automatically measures the BPM and assigns a beat grid to every track in your library. An Auto Beat Loop function can generate a four beat loop with the press of a button -- great for transitions between tracks or the unfortunate "uh oh" moments. It works as a MIDI controller too, so you can plug it into a laptop and run most DJ software right from the CDJ-850. And again, it plays just about anything -- so whether your music is on CD or on a USB drive, just load it into the CDJ-850 and you're ready to go.
Learn more about the Pioneer CDJ-850 with this video:
- Professional multi-format CDJ
- Supports MP3, AAC, WAV, and AIFF audio formats on CD or USB memory stick
- USB file systems supported: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, and HFS+
- Control cues and loops right form the CDJ-850
- Auto Beat Loop function makes it easy to keep the beat going during transitions
- On-screen display shows track information and waveform display
- 24-bit/48 kHz internal soundcard
- HID and MIDI compatibility via USB for controlling popular DJ software
- 24-bit digital/analog converters
- Stereo RCA and 1/8 inch outputs
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Compatible media: Music CDs, CD-R/RW, USB storage devices
- Compatible files: MP3/AAC/WAV/AIFF
- USB compatible file systems: FAT16, FAT32, HFS+
- Frequency performance: 4 Hz - 20 kHz
- S/N Ratio: 115 dB or higher
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.003% or less
- USB Ports: USB A Port x 1, USB B Port x 1
- Audio output terminals: Audio Out (RCA)
- Other terminals: Control (3.5 mm dia. mini-plug)
- Audio output voltage: 2.0 V
- Power supply: 220-240V 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 21 W
- Max external dimensions: 305 mm (W) x 364.4 mm (D) x 105.5 mm (H)
- Weight: 3.3 kg
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 9 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 11 lbs
If you have additional warranty questions,
please contact the manufacturer at 800-421-1404 or 800-782-7210
Intentionally designed to feel and function like other CDJ models further up the range, the CDJ-850 will give that all important reassurance when turning up to a gig with other CDJ models in the booth.
And just as budding DJs practiced on the CDJ-800 at home in preparation for their club gigs on the CDJ-1000, the CDJ-850 is set to become the new training ground for DJs hoping to break it on the club circuit.
Apart from the ProDJ Link connection, the CDJ-850 inherits so many of the most exciting features from the CDJ-2000 and 900, offering major enhancements over the outgoing CDJ-800MK2. The full-size 206mm jog wheel will be familiar to all existing professional CDJ users, giving the same performance and feel as the top range products.
And no matter which CDJ you play on, the browsing logic is always the same and all the work put into customising rekordbox collections will be available on every player in the range. So wherever you play, it will always feel like home.
The CDJ-850 features the same large rotary select dial as the CDJ-2000 and is the most affordable product in the range to feature the Wave display to see peaks and drops of the music. An intuitive Tag List feature allows you to think ahead 10, 20 or many more tracks by arranging temporary set lists on the fly. You can save this as a playlist and recall it later in rekordbox or use it again at the next gig. And what's more, it's the only player to feature Tag List editing, so you can add, remove and change the order of tracks in the list.
Adapting to all ways of working, the CDJ-850 plays music from CD, USB and PC. Despite the price point, it's capable of playing professional 24-bit WAV and AIFF, along with MP3 and AAC music files. It can be used as a Midi controller and 24-bit soundcard for music software, and with HID capability, software companies will be quick to announce Plug&Play support.
- Retains most of the principal functions from the industry club-standard CDJ-2000, such as the 206mm jog dial and large screen for visual information.
- Able to play all types of digital files, such as WAV, AIFF, MP3 etc.
- Incorporates rekordbox, allowing the creation and editing of playlists pre-gig, and recalling cue and loop settings for more inventive DJing.
- On-screen display allows for quick and easy music selection, and the wave display allows greater grasp of the dynamics of a track.
- By connecting via the CDJ-850's special interface (USB HID), more complex DJ software can be used without using a control disk.
- Tag list allows registering and itemizing of tracks at the touch of a button.
- Auto beat loop function, tempo variation, CD 'resume' function and vibration-resistance are just some of the other additional features.