A Portable Bass Amp That Sounds Great Anywhere!The Phil Jones Briefcase Bass Combo Amplifier packs punchy bass tones in an ultra-portable package. It's a 100-watt amplifier that can run on DC power from an outlet, from an internal rechargeable battery, or even from a car battery. It's lightweight -- less than 30 pounds -- and about the size of a thick briefcase, making it ideal for practice sessions, jamming around the campfire, or gigs in small venues.
Plug it In or Run on BatteriesThe Briefcase Amp was designed with portability in mind. At only 28 pounds, it's remarkably light for a bass amplifier. And you've got options when it comes to powering this thing. Just plug the amp into the wall if an outlet is available. Or for those gigs which are a bit off the beaten path, the unit supports power via internal rechargeable battery, and runs for up to 20 hours per charge (battery sold separately). You can even power the amp by connecting an external 12V sealed lead acid car battery!
Remove the Preamp, Use as a DIThe sounds you'll hear from the Briefcase will be phenomenal thanks to Phil Jones' powerful preamp section. In addition to a 5-band graphic EQ section, the preamp is equipped with a compressor and the option to bypass the preamp entirely. What's more, the preamp is removable, fits right in your gig bag, and can be plugged into virtually any powered PA system.
More Than You'd Expect from a Portable Bass AmpPerhaps the greatest strength of the Briefcase amp is the sound. With a preamp and speakers specifically designed for the unit, the Briefcase Amp delivers audio quality you'll truly need to hear to believe. Not only can it accommodate the full range of the standard bass guitar, it can even produce a "low B" tone with punchy clarity. Whether you're pumping out some Slayer or practicing scales at the beach, that rich low end will bolster your basslines wherever you decide to play.
Features:- Ultra-portable bass amplifier -- weighs only 28 pounds
- Works well with electric or acoustic basses
- 100 watts RMS @ 4 ohms
- Two custom designed 5-inch PJPS speakers (operate at 4-16 ohms)
- Ultra-low-noise switchable preamp section with 5-band EQ and optical limiter
- Preamp section is removable and can be plugged into virtually any PA system
- Runs on external DC power, internal rechargeable 12V battery, or external 12V lead acid car battery (can run for up to 20 hours on a single charge, battery sold separately)
- 1/4" headphone output, 1/4" speaker output, 1/4" preamp output, and balanced XLR output provided
- Power cord, Allen key set, and nylon cover provided
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Phil Jones products.
- Type: Practice/studio combo with battery power option
- Output: 100 watts
- Speakers: 2 x PJB PIRANHA TYPE B
- Channels: 1
- EQ: 5 band EQ, limiter
- Connections: Active/passive input, headphone out, DI out, pre-amp out
- Accessories: Power cord, DC cord, Allen key set, nylon cover
- Volts: 115 or 230V AC or 12V DC
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 15.5" x 6.7" x 17.3"
- Weight: 30 lbs./14 kg
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Phil Jones Briefcase Bass AmplifierThe Phil Jones Briefcase Bass Combo Amplifier is an ultra compact amp with a tone that has been described by professional bassists as jaw-dropping. The Briefcase bass amp delivers remarkable tone and volume through two 5 inch speakers. At 30 lbs. and 100 watts, the Phil Jones Briefcase easily handles the low E string and can even accommodate the low B.
5-band EQ lets you dial in the desired tone and a variety of outputs allow you to practice in private, expand your sound with an extension cabinet or go direct to a mixing board. And for the ultimate in portability, the Briefcase amp can run on 12V sealed lead acid battery! The Briefcase is great for both electric and acoustic basses.
'With the upright, the Briefcase did exactly what I desired: It enhanced my volume without detracting from the woody richness of the bass's acoustic tone. The Phil Jones Bass Briefcase is unlike any bass product I've encountered. There are comparably priced, more powerful amps with a bit more flexibility out there, but in terms of portability and sheer niftiness, the Briefcase is the one to beat.' - Bass Player magazine.