Phil Jones Delivers a Smaller and Smarter Bass Combo AmplifierTake the awesome execution of the original PJB Suitcase, compact it down while adding power, and you have the Phil Jones Bass BG400 Suitcase combo amplifier. This powerhouse utilizes a two-channel preamp with three-band EQ control, mute, passive, and active switches for each channel; a limiter switch with level control; and four 5-inch PJB "Piranha" Type-B speakers pumping zx. This combo amp's compact size makes it an awesome companion for the road, and it's only 40 pounds.
Compact Size with Power to SpareIf you're a regularly gigging musician, then you know how cumbersome heavy gear can be. Your Phil Jones Bass BG400 combo amp packs some serious punch, with 300 watts of power. Plug into this bad boy, and your bass will sing and shake the stage. This combo amp is the same size as the Phil Jones Compact 4 enclosure, so you won't be losing much space in the van when you find yourself gigging on the road.
Two-Channel Preamp with Three-Band EQ ControlOn the BG400's top panel are your two-channel preamp controls. Each channel has its own 1/4" instrument input, three-band EQ control, input level controls, and mute, passive, and active switches. There is also an 1/8" aux input and level control for a CD or MP3 player -- a great feature for rehearsing on your own. You can also utilize the headphone output for some quiet late-night practices that won't wake the neighbors.
Adding the Compact 4 or 8 CabinetsYour Phil Jones Bass BG400 Suitcase bass combo amplifier harnesses some serious power. Your signal is fueled through a class D amplifier and projected via four 5" PJB "Piranha" Type-B speakers. Each note will maintain a powerful punch with beefy lows and crispy highs. You also have the option to incorporate the Compact 4 or Compact 8 cabinets into the mix, which employ 500 watts and 575 watts of power respectively.
Smaller and BetterPJB is certain that the future of amplifiers is "smaller and better." This combo amp really takes the cake when it comes to clear and powerful amplification, mobility, and awesomely potent and articulate output. You'll never have to worry about lugging a giant rig around to get a great sound out of your bass, and your back will thank you!
Features:- Compact bass amplifier with 300 watts of power
- Expand to 500 watts with a Compact 4 extension cabinet, or 575 watts with a Compact 8 extension cabinet
- Efficient class D amplifier
- Four 5" PJB "Piranha" Type-B speakers
- One 1/4" instrument input for each channel
- Clip light indicator for each channel
- One 1/8" aux input and aux level control
- One 1/8" headphone output
- One master volume control
- Two channel preamp
- Mute, passive, active switches for each channel
- Input level, bass, middle, and treble controls for each channel
- Limiter switch and level control
- Outputs: headphone, D.I., FX send/return, tuner out, preamp out, and extension speaker out
- Ground lift switch
- Travel-friendly compact size
- Weighs in at only 40 pounds
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Phil Jones products.
- Power: 300W RMS/4 Ohm w/extension speaker
- Speakers: 4x5" PJB "Piranha" Type-B
- Controls: 2x (Level Selector, Volume, 3-Band EQ), Limiter w/On-Off Switch
- Jacks: 2x Input (1/4" Phone), Headphone Out, D.I. Out (GND Lift SW), FX Send/Return, Tuner Out, Preamp Out, Ext. Speaker Out
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 14"x12"x13"
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
Phil Jones BG400 Suitcase Bass Combo AmpThe Phil Jones Bass BG400 Suitcase Compact is based on the uncompromised performance of the original PJB "Suitcase" combo, but more powerful and smaller.
It has an incredible punch sound cutting through air as "a knife through butter" but with a solid and powerful low-end response normally associated with a much larger combo. It features a two channel pre-amp with 3 band EQ. This EQ has amazing control and transparency that allows you to unmistakably hear the true characters of your own playing and instrument, making it easy to find "your sound."
The future of amps is trending to "smaller and better," and with the Suitcase Compact, the future is here now!
Features:- An ultra high-energy power supply feeding an efficient class D amplifier which utilizes almost 95% of the energy to drive the 4 internal PJB "Piranha" speakers
- 300W RMS with its own speakers
- 500W with a Compact 4 extension cabinet
- 575W with a Compact 8 extension cabinet