The Peavey SP 6BX PA Speaker is a quasi four-way speaker system that can put out some very serious sound levels, but with control and precision for high articulation and long-term reliability. Comprised of two 15-inch Black Widow BWX SF woofers with a Kevlar-impregnated cone, a horn loaded 6.5-inch Pro midrange and an RX 22 compression driver loaded onto the patented constant directivity waveguide.
The SP 6BX speaker from Peavey has a trapezoidal shape which reduces the buildup of standing waves inside the enclosure to minimize mid-bass and midrange coloration. The enclosure is constructed of a hardwood panel coated with Peavey's heavy-duty HammerHead UV stabilized polyurea finish for increased durability and ruggedness. Casters are incorporated to improve portability. A full-length, wrap-around perforated steel grille protects the front of the Peavey SP6BX speaker.
Capable of over 1,000 watts continuous power handling, the woofer section of the SP 6BX speaker can handle a lot of power. The midrange is carried by a 6-1/2-inch professional-grade, horn-loaded speaker with a phase plug and ferrofluid cooling, providing high articulation in the vocal range. The high frequencies are handled by a 2 inch RX 22 titanium diaphragm compression driver utilizing ferrofluid cooling. Both the midrange and the high frequency drivers are coupled to a Quadratic Throat Constant Directivity Waveguide with smooth, even response, low distortion and good high frequency dispersion.
The horns within the Peavey SP6BX both have an asymmetrical vertical polar response, aiming the main energy lobe down 10 degrees so it is aimed at the audience instead of over their heads. This helps reduce ceiling reflections for greater clarity and gain before feedback. The RX 22 driver features the Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System which provides smooth and extended high frequency response.
Full-range input connection to the Peavey SP 6BX PA speaker is made via two 1/4-inch phone jacks and a four-pin twist lock connector in parallel, with bi-amping flexibility provided via an internal jumper that can be accessed by unscrewing and removing the input cup.
Sound Guard Protection
The internal passive crossover features Peavey's exclusive Sound Guard protection circuit for both the tweeter and the mid-range speaker, and an advanced topology crossover with high performance components to provide high power handling and reliability. Sound Guard provides long- and medium-term driver overload protection when the system is used to full-range or when it is bi-amped without impairing musical transients or dynamics on either the mid-range or the tweeter.
The crossover within the Peavey SP 6BX speaker provides driver roll-off and protection, as well as driver EQ for the woofers, midrange and horn, for clean, clear, smooth response. High-quality, reliable crossover components include polypropylene capacitors and high-current inductors. The optimal integration of the crossover with the selected drivers results in a smooth frequency response from 50 Hz to 15 kHz.
- Quasi four-way full-range/bi-ampable sound reinforcement system
- Two 15-inch BWX Black Widow 4-inch voice coil woofers
- 6.5-inch Pro midrange with phase plug and ferrofluid cooling
- RX 22 compression driver with ferrofluid cooling
- 2,000 watts program and 4,000 watts peak
- Asymmetrical horn aims the sound down 10 degrees toward the audience, not over their heads
- Patented Asymmetrical Quadratic Throat CD Waveguide technology used on mid and tweeter
- Sound Guard III tweeter and midrange protection
- HammerHead durable covering material
- Full-range inputs include a four-pin twist lock connector and two 1/4-inch phone jacks
- Bi-amp capability via internal wiring jumper
- Stand-mount adapter
- Casters have been incorporated for improved portability
- Low, Mid, and High Frequency Drivers
zZounds is an authorized dealer of
- Power Handling: 2,000 watts program and 4,000 watts peak
-- Low Freq: Two 15 inch BWX Black Widow 4 inch voice coil woofers
-- Mid Freq: 6-1/2 inch professional-grade, horn-loaded speaker
-- High Freq: 2 inch RX 22 compression driver with ferrofluid cooling
- Sensitivity: 99 dB (1w/1m) anechoic
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 15 kHz
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Weight: 144.5 lbs.
- Dimensions and Weight in Packaging
- Shipping Weight: 151 lbs