Orange Delivers 500 Watts of Thundering Tube Tone for Your Bass!With the same compact footprint as Orange's Tiny Terror guitar amp, this earth-shaking bass head is here and ready to bring the heavy! The Orange BT500H Terror Bass 500 amplifier head is stocked with 500 watts of power; a 12AX7-based tube preamp section; volume, bass, middle, treble, and gain controls; an active/passive switch, and switchable 4 ohm or 8 ohm impedance. All of these features come in a small lunchbox-sized head weighing in at only 11 pounds. Surefire Orange bass tone is packed into a small, incredible mobile head that'll always be ready to galvanize your bass signal with precise and articulate tone.
Learn more about the Bass Terror in this video:
A Lot of Power from a Little HeadThis baby may be small, but it'll move the ground when you crank it up. 500 watts of power gives you a lot of room to work with in terms of decibel levels and distortion. The Orange Terror Bass head will always have enough power for any small or mid-sized venue, and any larger venue will likely have a mixer for you to plug this baby into via its balanced DI out for some assistance projecting your playing.
12AX7-Based Tube Preamp SectionTo warm up your bass tone a bit, your BT500H Terror Bass 500 amp head has a 12AX7-based preamp section to give your signal a nice warm color. 12AX7 preamp tubes provide a large-stage sound and really bring out the detail and articulation of a well-rounded bass tone. 12AX7 tubes are manufactured to broaden your signal with low noise and minimal microphonics.
Classic Orange LookWith cool tones comes sweet looks -- the Orange amp head design looks like none other. This beauty is dressed in that distinct and eye-catching white metal casing with Orange's name in bold black letters. Orange and black stripes segment your front panel nicely, and your controls have both words and pictures to label their function. Of course, Orange's singular emblem is also featured on the front.
Dynamic Tonal Reach from Simple Control LayoutThe control layout on this baby's front panel is simple, and it provides you a great sonic canvas to play around with. Your controls include volume, bass, middle, treble, and gain knobs. Your BT500H Terror Bass 500 amp head also features an active/passive switch for your signal. You'll be surprised at how much tone can come from such a small lunchbox-sized piece of gear.
Features:- 500 watts of all-tube tone
- 12AX7 based tube preamp section
- One 1/4" input and two speaker outputs
- Volume, bass, middle, treble, gain controls and active/passive switch
- Switchable impedance of 4 ohms or 8 ohms
- Balanced DI XLR out
- Small lunchbox size for ultimate mobility
- Incredibly light at 11 pounds
Note: The Terror Bass does not require rebiasing when replacing tubes.
zZounds is an authorized dealer of Orange Amplification products.
- Features: Single channel, hybrid Class D power amp with valve preamp , variable input sensitivity for active or passive basses, balanced DI out, FX loop
- Controls: Master, Treble, Middle, Bass, Gain
- Output Power (Heads and Combos): 500 Watts
- Power Handling (Cabinets): NA
- Valves (Heads and Combos): Preamp: 2 x Ecc83/12ax7Speaker Output options (Heads):
- 1 x 8 cabinet (impedance switched to 8 ohm)
- 1 x 4 cabinet (impedance switched to 4 ohm)
- 2 x 8 cabinets (impedance switched to 4 ohm)
- Speakers (Combos and Cabinets): NA
- Impedance (Cabinets): NA
- Extension Cabinet Options (Combos): NA
- Unboxed Dimensions: H (in) 7.48 W (in) 11.93 D (in) 6.02
- Unboxed Weight: 10.47 lb
- Weight, Dimensions, and Manufacturer Part Numbers
Manufacturer Part Number (MPN):
If you have additional warranty questions, please contact the manufacturer at 404-303-8196
Product DescriptionMaintaining the size of the original Tiny Terror, the Orange BT500H Terror 500 Bass is a 500 watt hybrid amplifier with a Class D solid state power section and same preamp as the all-tube AD200B UK bass amp.
With the same great looks as the other Terror series guitar amps, and rugged construction that will stand up to the road, bass players can now become a part of the famed "Tiny Terror club."
The Bass Terror does not require rebiasing when replacing tubes.
Features:- 500 Watts RMS
- Switchable Impedance 4 or 8 ohms
- Direct Out
- Padded Gig Bag
- Weighs only 11 lbs.